HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Wooley suffers a fracture in his foot, McCarty back skating.

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2003, 04:36 PM
Vincent Vega
GGTK

vCash: 500
Wooley suffers a fracture in his foot, McCarty back skating.

Quote:
The Wings are likely to be without defensemen Jason Woolley and Chris Chelios for Wednesday's game. X-rays revealed Woolley has a small fracture on the top of his big left toe. Chelios isn't fully recovered from his knee injury. Both are day-to-day.

"It's a bit of a bummer, but at the same time, I'll take (today) off and try to skate on Wednesday," Woolley said. "It (playing) is going to be based on how I feel, if I can put pressure on it."
Hope he comes back soon and healthy.

Quote:
Right wing Darren McCarty will skate by himself today. It will be the first time he's been on the ice since injuring his back (two bulging disks) on Nov. 8, when he crashed into the boards during a game. McCarty said he might be able to play in mid-to late January.
Thats good to hear. It will be nice to have Mac back.

Old
12-30-2003, 09:43 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
hope him and cheli are 100% by playoffs, this will be good for kronwall.. he's been playing great and deserves a longer run with the team, good practice since he WILL be with us next year

Old
12-31-2003, 08:23 AM
SlavaKozlov

It is bad there is yet another injury, but in a way it is good that Kronwall will get more time (which he deserves because of his good play). He WILL be on the team next year, as Z40 said, and I think he is playing good enough to have the roster spot this year. Still, it is good to have this depth at D when the playoffs come around, and Kronwall can go back to Grand Rapids in a month or so when the D is healthier and be one of their top 2 guys and get the big minutes to improve hsi game a little more. He is going to be one hell of a good D-Man for our future.

Old
01-01-2004, 04:33 AM
SlavaKozlov

wow, I guess I was wrong, with BOTH Wooley AND Chelli in the line up, and Kronwall still plays. so the D-Corps last night was Lidstrom, Schneider, Fischer, Chelios, Wooley, and Kronwall with Dandenault at Forward (I like him there, great speed and good fore/backchecker)

Good for Kronwall, I remember reading an article where Lewis said he has some tough decisions ahead, because Kronwall is playing great, but the regular starters will be coming back soon. That's probably why we see Dandy at forward now, so Lewis can keep a D slot open for Kronwall. Plus, with those other 5 guys on the blue line, he is playing with a good veteran defenseman every shift (besides Fischer, who I feel is also still developing...but Kronwall doesn't play paired with Fisch) I like his game, he is tough, isn't afraid to hit (sometimes goes for an unecessary hit to put him out of position though), and has good offensive skills, seeing him on the point saving pucks from clearing the zone, then riping a beauty of a slap shot towards the goal, or making a nice pass to set up a goal. I think this kid is due for his first NHL goal, he has the shot, and gets a few opportunities, it won't be long before he nets one.

Closed Thread