HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Doug Weight's Dirty

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2003, 10:54 PM
blah

vCash: 500
It's possible but I don't see Fedoruk getting regular shifts like Brash does. Not sure that the Flyers view Brash as just a goon either. Anybody know when his contract is up?

Old
12-30-2003, 11:00 PM
blah

They say in StL why the Blues were yelling at Hitch at the end?

Old
12-30-2003, 11:02 PM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah

Actually i didnt see that. I didnt get to listen to the post game show. So im not sure.

Old
12-30-2003, 11:08 PM
Hecht

The TSN guys were speculation that the blues were yelling at the flyers because they were "running" up the score..

plus the flyers were still trapping after the game got out of hand...Which got McGuire's panties in a bunch.

Old
12-30-2003, 11:08 PM
blah

Mellanby and Tkachuk were fairly animated.

Old
12-30-2003, 11:20 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Some of it could have been directed at Brash also because he dropped em with Mayers at the end of the game after choosing not to fight Yablonski?

Old
12-30-2003, 11:22 PM
blah

I didn't see that part. The camera was on the puck when it happened and only moved over when Mayers-Baron-Brash were down on the ice.

Old
12-30-2003, 11:26 PM
nucks2001

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecht
The TSN guys were speculation that the blues were yelling at the flyers because they were "running" up the score..

plus the flyers were still trapping after the game got out of hand...Which got McGuire's panties in a bunch.
arr.. McGuire wasn't doing the game though.. it was Rod Black and Glenn Healy

Old
12-31-2003, 12:39 AM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucks2001
arr.. McGuire wasn't doing the game though.. it was Rod Black and Glenn Healy
Yeah, McGuire and Miller are covering the WJCs in Finland. Even though I'm not big fans of theirs, honestly I wouldn't have minded if they were covering the game tonight instead of Black and Healy. Man those guys were boring.

Old
12-31-2003, 02:05 AM
DanKordicsFist

vCash:
Older players are smarter than just going out gooning it up. Brashear actually has a little game and I'm sure after seeing Yablonski's face he didn't feel the need to mess it up any more. Brashear fights when necessary. Giving a young punk a shot is not his game, he generally needs to be angry. And as for the huggy bear comment, he is one of the best in close guys in the league. Both players get hugging and he has a powerful short punch that he uses effectively.

Fedoruk gave him a shot and it was obvious by the way they separated. No anger, just a shot like Rob Ray did for him. Help a young guy get noticed.

Doug Weight probably wouldn't have his own dirty player thread if not for the Sedin cross check, which I can't see how anyone thought that was even close to accidental. The Blues were playing a dirty game out there, That piece of crap Danton was slew footing guys and cross checking ALL night. There were guys trying to run at Pitkanen because he's a rookie and seemed like a nice soft European target. The crying at the end of the game that Mellanby was doing was just pathetic. They lost because they chose to play dirty. If he was angry about running up the score that is even funnier. Pathetic display of poor sportsmanship. I hope that isn't how they play all the time, or react to losing. Just sad to see grown men reacting like that.

Old
12-31-2003, 03:36 AM
dragonwyck

vCash:
This thread is hillarious.

The Blues are SOOOO dirty and the Flyers were just some innocent team that showed up in St. Louis and got beat up. Yea right!

Someone pointed out Drake being undisciplined. If being undisciplined means reacting to getting crosschecked in the head (which I'm sure none of you saw on TV) then yes he's undisciplined.

All night long the Flyers were hacking at Blues behind the play and throwing elbows as they finished checks. I could care less if you don't believe me because I know you weren't at the game and didn't see what I did.

The Blues got sick of it. End of story.

One other thing... Fedoruk is 100 times the man that Brashear is. Not only was Fedoruk willing to go with Yablonski, Fedoruk did his job in going after Baron after Baron did a number on Primeau.

Old
12-31-2003, 04:16 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Yet another thread where a St.Louis player is the devil incarnate. What a shocker. I'm sure the Flyers will send a letter to the league, and due process will be carried out. Then we can enjoy a few days of whining by Vancouver fans (who have nothing to do with this situation) about how the suspension (if he even gets one) is insufficient. Whatever. This is quick paced, physical game based on emotion. Things happen that shouldn't, and there are repurcussions. Next time the Blues and Flyers meet, which can only be in the Finals, maybe someone will stand up and take care of Weight in a manner that Hockey's Future regulars see fit. Until then, quit your belly aching and move on. After all, the Flyers did kill the Blues, and points are the most important thing.

Old
12-31-2003, 04:27 AM
Fla.Flyer.Fan

Quote:
Keeps Yablonski from going after someone else. After Brashear turned him down a few times you could see that Yablonski was quite visibly trying to get Primeau to fight with him
That's the problem I have with Brashear not going with Yablonski. With about 5min to go in the 3rd Yabo really got on Primeau, even gave him a little jab.
I understand that Brashear always spot picks and doesn't drop em with young guys - that's how he is. But bottom line, when a young scrapper is roughing up your Captain and your the enforcer on the team, you have to take care of things. That's the reason he got hired in the first place. Yes, his play has improved and he can (like last night) contribute, which is fine and dandy, but he has to take care of goons in situations like this.
Fedoruk shouldn't be fighting right now, period. And Primaeu does fight, but he's not exactly great at it. Bottom line, I understood Brashear not going with Yabo early in the game - but after things got a little out of hand, he should have stepped in.
That elbow was real bad, totally blatant and intentional.

Old
12-31-2003, 06:08 AM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331

By the way, suprise , suprise a canuck fan started this thread.
That's an irrelevant statement. Since when have I EVER started a Blues' bashing thread? Right, never.

If Weight were on ANY team (I don't dislike the Blues just him) and threw a vicious hit to someone's head, I would have started the thread.

The blatant crosscheck to H. Sedin's face was terrible but the hit to Gagne's head takes the cake. Some day he's going to seriously injure someone or end a career; there should be zero tolerance for that kind of behavior in the game.

He obviously needs more discipline as he just isn't 'getting' the point.

Old
12-31-2003, 06:24 AM
dragonwyck

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
That's an irrelevant statement. Since when have I EVER started a Blues' bashing thread? Right, never.

If Weight were on ANY team (I don't dislike the Blues just him) and threw a vicious hit to someone's head, I would have started the thread.

The blatant crosscheck to H. Sedin's face was terrible but the hit to Gagne's head takes the cake. Some day he's going to seriously injure someone or end a career; there should be zero tolerance for that kind of behavior in the game.

He obviously needs more discipline as he just isn't 'getting' the point.
The ONLY reason you started this thread was because of the Sedin incident. Had that never happened you wouldn't have even thought twice about it.

Old
12-31-2003, 06:25 AM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonwyck
The ONLY reason you started this thread was because of the Sedin incident. Had that never happened you wouldn't have even thought twice about it.
Nice to know that someone KNOWS what I'm thinking.

I couldn't stand Doug Weight when he was in Edmonton either.

Old
12-31-2003, 06:28 AM
dragonwyck

vCash:
Good.

I'm glad you dislike Weight.

Old
12-31-2003, 06:29 AM
dragonwyck

vCash:
Nice edit.

And just to let you know, it wasn't nearly as funny as you thought it was.

Old
12-31-2003, 07:20 AM
blah

Quote:
This thread is hillarious.

The Blues are SOOOO dirty and the Flyers were just some innocent team that showed up in St. Louis and got beat up. Yea right!

Someone pointed out Drake being undisciplined. If being undisciplined means reacting to getting crosschecked in the head (which I'm sure none of you saw on TV) then yes he's undisciplined.

All night long the Flyers were hacking at Blues behind the play and throwing elbows as they finished checks. I could care less if you don't believe me because I know you weren't at the game and didn't see what I did.

The Blues got sick of it. End of story.

One other thing... Fedoruk is 100 times the man that Brashear is. Not only was Fedoruk willing to go with Yablonski, Fedoruk did his job in going after Baron after Baron did a number on Primeau.
How good were your seats? It sounds like you watched the game through binoculars. You're supposed to put the smaller lens to your eyes.

Old
12-31-2003, 08:42 AM
easton122

Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
I wanted to see a Flyer detroy Weight after that elbow was blatanty thrown at Gagne's head. I don't really get pissed at players when they have "big hits" against the Flyers but there were too many borderline penalties not called in that game. Too bad these teams won't play again because the next game will be a blood bath. I could see Berube getting a call up We should make sure Jimmy Vandermeer is play meanwhile also.

Brashear rarely fights young guys. I mean I was suprised he fought Godard early in the year but I guess Brashear did his research and realized Godard deserved a shot. Yablonski didn't in Brashears mind but in no way can you Blues fans turn it around that Brashear was afraid to fight Yablonski cause that is just ridiculous. Your tough guy wasn't "good" enough get over it and stop crying. I actually liked the Blues as a team up until tonight when I saw the pathetic antics displayed by Weight, Tkachuk, Mellanby, and Drake.

Old
12-31-2003, 08:48 AM
dragonwyck

vCash:
Quote:
How good were your seats? It sounds like you watched the game through binoculars. You're supposed to put the smaller lens to your eyes.
Har har har. You're a funny guy!

Too bad on TV you don't get to see what happens on 50-80% of the ice at any one time.

Old
12-31-2003, 08:50 AM
blah

Brash said between periods that he took one look at his face and decided he didn't have to take care of Yabo.

Primeau and Brash weren't on the ice to score a goal at the end of the game.

I'd rather have Seidenberg in the game than Therien or Vandy.

Old
12-31-2003, 08:50 AM
dragonwyck

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by easton122
Brashear rarely fights young guys. I mean I was suprised he fought Godard early in the year but I guess Brashear did his research and realized Godard deserved a shot. Yablonski didn't in Brashears mind but in no way can you Blues fans turn it around that Brashear was afraid to fight Yablonski cause that is just ridiculous. Your tough guy wasn't "good" enough get over it and stop crying. I actually liked the Blues as a team up until tonight when I saw the pathetic antics displayed by Weight, Tkachuk, Mellanby, and Drake.
You can keep telling yourself all that if it makes you feel better for having an embarrassment like Brashear on your team.

Old
12-31-2003, 08:53 AM
blah

Quote:
Har har har. You're a funny guy!

Too bad on TV you don't get to see what happens on 50-80% of the ice at any one time.
I bet next you'll tell me you have 2 sets of eyes, and they can cross and see out of both corners simultaneously.

Old
12-31-2003, 08:55 AM
blah

Quote:
You can keep telling yourself all that if it makes you feel better for having an embarrassment like Brashear on your team.
lmao Weight, Tkachuk, and Mellanby are all high class though. Goof.

Closed Thread