HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avery and Hossa File For Arbitriation

Old
07-06-2007, 02:59 PM
PinkPanther

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Im just Glad Lundqvist didnt file. Could've been pretty nasty what he could've recieved. Obviously means the two sides are close to something, or feel like they can get a deal done shortly.

Avery should get around 1.75 mill or so. Hossa maybe just around a mill.
If Lundqvist has not filed then you'd better watch out for Kevin Lowe of the Oilers. Not filing for arbitration leaves him open to an offer sheet.

PinkPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2007, 03:14 PM
casualobserver

NYRchick.So they are UFA next year.We will have plenty of cap space to sign them
to long term contracts.No Straka, no Malik, no Shanny there are 9 million right there.

casualobserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2007, 06:53 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting for Dubi View Post
I'm really 50/50 on this. If Hossa gets like 850K from arbitration, I say just sign him for another year and hope that he works out.
And then you are right back to the issue of which of Avery or Prucha get demoted to the 4th line? And, to compound it, you are removing someone like Straka from Jagr's line. A player with whom Jagr has excellent chemistry with. And, frankly, one who is far more suited of player on the other side of Jagr than Hossa is.

The Hossa debates always go around and around and end up on the same issues.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2007, 09:27 PM
RANGERDIEHARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
And then you are right back to the issue of which of Avery or Prucha get demoted to the 4th line? And, to compound it, you are removing someone like Straka from Jagr's line. A player with whom Jagr has excellent chemistry with. And, frankly, one who is far more suited of player on the other side of Jagr than Hossa is.

The Hossa debates always go around and around and end up on the same issues.
Yeah,

Kind of reminds me of the Roszival debate of a year ago.

RANGERDIEHARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

I think we should coin a phrase called the Hossa Catch-22.

It does kind of go round and round which is why it's a bit of a headache for a GM.

If the issue was money it'd be a lot easier, but it's money and role really.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2007, 10:31 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Hossa is definitely an interesting case.

I like the guy alot, but he is inconsistent. Remember the hot stretch in October 2005 after we got him from the Habs? Then he really disappeared for the remainder of the season. Then he started very slow last year and surged on. He wasn't quite the same after the injury, though.

But it certainly makes the decision a little tough. I am just hoping that the ruling winds up being something fair for him because I would honestly like him back even if it may be on the 4th line.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2007, 10:39 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualobserver View Post
NYRchick.So they are UFA next year.We will have plenty of cap space to sign them
to long term contracts.No Straka, no Malik, no Shanny there are 9 million right there.
And a big payday for Roszival who also becomes a free-agent after next season. He will get a substantial raise, at least doubling his current salary.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2007, 11:03 AM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

When Hossa didn't cover the point in game 2 vs. Buffalo (and Campbell scored power play goal) it might have been the beginning of the end for him in NY. Renney didn't use him to kill another penalty the rest iof the playoffs and Isbister suddenly is skating (albeit briefly) on his spot next to Jagr. I think the coach lost confidence in him quickly and he will clearly be the odd man out unless his arbitration number is in line with what the Rangers are willing to pay.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2007, 11:04 AM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
And a big payday for Roszival who also becomes a free-agent after next season. He will get a substantial raise, at least doubling his current salary.
I'd consider signing Rozival to an extension right now. His price is going to go way up if the Rangers have a great season and he is a big part of it. $3.75MM X4 might get it done today.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
From Eklund:
Maybe there are no real contract disputes with Avery and the arbitration was only to prevent any offer sheets while we take care of our bigger priorities?
Quote:
One of the reasons that the Rangers are taking Lundy to arbitration is that the Rangers are still dealing with Avery(who was a huge factor last year) and Shanahan...The Rangers are worried that Avery could be tendered an offer sheet form a team in the East I am told.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2007, 12:50 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
From Eklund:
Maybe there are no real contract disputes with Avery and the arbitration was only to prevent any offer sheets while we take care of our bigger priorities?
Goes even further than that. Even if those players had no desire to sign an offer sheet, this way they don't have that leverage in negotiations. No saying, "Well, I turned down $XM."

07-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
From Eklund:
This doesn't make sense. Avery elected for arbitration himself, correct? So he shouldn't be able to deal with other teams now.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
This doesn't make sense. Avery elected for arbitration himself, correct? So he shouldn't be able to deal with other teams now.
Do you know for sure that he did? Things that aren't officially announced by teams like this aren't always 100% accurate.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote