HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Shipping Sticks

Old
07-06-2007, 02:43 PM
predfan24

vCash: 500
Shipping Sticks

I was wondering if anybody here has any experience shipping sticks. Did you package them by yourself or did you go through a company. What is the cheapest way to go about it etc. Any help would be appreciated

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2007, 02:48 PM
ThatOneGuy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I was wondering if anybody here has any experience shipping sticks. Did you package them by yourself or did you go through a company. What is the cheapest way to go about it etc. Any help would be appreciated
Get a roll of bubble wrap from Staples or Office Max. Wrap the stick a few times and put the shipping label on it. Its the best way to go about shipping a stick.

ThatOneGuy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2007, 04:31 PM
saveourpens

agree with above post and

the post office, usps, might be cheaper, but they will treat your stick like any other package. That's how a stick I shipped out broke.

Ship it via UPS, or Fed Ex. It'll be more expensive but they will put the stick on a shelve in their truck instead of throwing it along with everyone's mail. I have never had any trouble shipping sticks with them.

saveourpens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2007, 04:37 PM
ThatOneGuy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by saveourpens View Post
agree with above post and

the post office, usps, might be cheaper, but they will treat your stick like any other package. That's how a stick I shipped out broke.

Ship it via UPS, or Fed Ex. It'll be more expensive but they will put the stick on a shelve in their truck instead of throwing it along with everyone's mail. I have never had any trouble shipping sticks with them.
Its a little different then you think. A stick is handled a little differently through UPS but its still thrown around and has hundreds of boxes stacked on it. I worked at UPS for a year and ive seen broken golf clubs, sticks and even a hunting rifle. Bubble wrap usually gives it the best chance. If its in a box, its treated like any box and the long boxes usually break open on the line. Something like a stick that is bubble wrapped is set aside with the over 75lb packages and usually suffers less abuse.

ThatOneGuy* is offline   Reply With Quote