HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal--Carter-Poti-3rd for Murray-Gill

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2003, 07:12 AM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
Proposal--Carter-Poti-3rd for Murray-Gill

I think this is a well balanced trade that would work well for both teams as each are clearly in need of some changes.

My reasoning behind the moves and why each team should make it would be this---1st, Murray is coming off a 40+ goal season where he netted 94pts and has played well w/Thornton but isn't playing as effectively this year as Big Joe hasn't played up to the level he did last year and Murray is a guy who feeds off others.This year he is 37GP-12G-16A+28PTS and hasn't played as well obviously.

But it's not his performance that would lead the B's to move him but rather the fact that it's pretty certain he'll walk away as a UFA at yrs end as we all know Boston doesn't re-up their guys and they'll certainly be outbid for his services.That being said it's better to get something then nothing for him when he walks.

Carter on the other hand has also been a bigtime disappointment but unlike Murray he's not UFA eligible and he's under contract for next yr(it was a 2yr arbitration award right?) and although he has a pricey salary for what he's produced he still would be under contract and he'd likely have a bigtime bounceback in Boston where he's played very well and had success and when you figure in that he'd likely be playing with Big Joe I'd be willing to bet that Anson would put up career #'s.Let's not forget that Murray was a inconsistent goalscorer who averaged about 20 a game before coming back from LA.

Murray coming here would provide Lindros with a big body that knows how to get open in the slots and has the hands to convert whatever chances Lindros would setup for him.

This part of the deal shakes out to be Murray>>Carter at this point but when you factor in the UFA status as well as Carter getting to play w/Joe and also not being eligible for UFA status for another 2 yrs it evens things out a bit.

For the other aspect of the trade I look at it like this---Poti>Gill as Tom is a 40+pt guy who while not a defensive anchor can provide much needed offense from the blueline and has the ability to both QB the PP as well as lug the puck up ice with his skating and stickhandling and one of the most underated aspects of his game is that he is one of the best in the game at making the long tape to tape outlet pass that spings guys for breakaways/oddman rushes.

Boston is lacking all these aspects and Tom, the hometown boy would flourish being the main offensive guy in Boston as oppossed to 2nd fiddle to Leetch.

The B's have toughness and size in McGillis and O'donnell that they can afford to give up Gill to address the lacking offense from the blueline.

Gill coming to the NYR's would provide us with maybe FINALLY the right guy to anchor Leetch.He's 6'7 250lbs and is tough to play against.Pairing him w/Leetch would allieviate his lack of skating and him focusing on being a Buekeboom type anchor would free Leetch up to play the way he's most effective.

We've been lacking a crease clearing d-man and toughness on the blueline and this would certainly go a long way in addressing both those needs.

I think it does good for both teams that are in need of something to jolt them and identifies needs on both squads.I for one would do this deal and feel both teams would come out better as a result, us maybe alittle more in the shorterm but in the longrun the B's will benifit as they get back value that fills needs instead of having Murray walk while getting nothing in return come July.And while the B's could move Murray for youth/picks, the fans in Boston are already beyond fed up with the way the B's conduct buisness and letting another piece go in such a manner would leave the Fleet center even less full.

Old
12-30-2003, 07:38 AM
nyr5186

Not a bad idea, but I think this trade would be a wash. Getting rid of Poti is a good thing, but Im not so sure Gill is capable of being a #2 defenseman. Sure he's big and physical, but so is Purinton. Size and grit alone doesnt make you a good defensive defenseman. Smarts, hard work, discipline and good instincts play a huge role. Maybe Im missing something about Gill, I honestly dont know much about him, but IMO he's not the answer to the problem left behind by Beuk's injury. Now if we could somehow get Boynton in the deal, then its a different story. However, I wouldnt give up youth/draft picks for him. Boston would probably want Lundmark in the deal (they were interested in him last year).

Plus, what makes you believe Murray wouldnt just be another underachieving "star"/goalscorer? After the likes of Fleury, Lindros, Kovalev, Carter, and to a certain extent Bure, I dont think adding Murray would make that much of a difference. Think about it...Lindros was supposedly brought in here to finally be our legit #1 center because Nedved couldnt handle it (albeit we all hated the trade, but thats not the point). Now he's basically just another forward, playing with 3rd liners. Bure was brought in because we needed scoring and speed for a playoff push. But then he gets injured. Carter was brought in because he's the powerforward we were looking for for so long. Another bust, so far. Kovalev was brought in because, well, I dont really know why he was brought in, but its no question that he's been underachieving. So I dont see how bringing in Murray makes us a better team, or more importantly, a younger team, which is what we should be doing. If we trade Poti and Carter, I'd much rather we do it for picks and prospects... ala the Mets, who were not afraid to acknowledge the fact that they were a mediocre team at best and there is a future. Unfortunately, the gimps in charge of the Garden dont think that way.

Old
12-30-2003, 07:46 AM
BLACKBURN

no. I think that we need younger players if anything. Change Gill with Jillson and add picks. Id much rather have a stay at homer like -

Vishnevski
Gauthier
Ferrence
Allen
Witt
Salvador
Rathje
Boynton
Komisarek
Semsenov

Old
12-30-2003, 07:48 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Didn't Carter get traded from B-town because of a money issue? Think they'd want him back?

This MAY be even on paper, but no way Boston would like this, especially trading those guys to the same conference.

Old
12-30-2003, 07:48 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
no. I think that we need younger players if anything. Change Gill with Jillson and add picks. Id much rather have a stay at homer like -

Vishnevski
Gauthier
Ferrence
Allen
Witt
Salvador
Rathje
Boynton
Komisarek
Semsenov
A lot of people would like to have that. But lots of luck getting any of those players for Poti.

Old
12-30-2003, 07:57 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
A lot of people would like to have that. But lots of luck getting any of those players for Poti.
Exactly.People could wish for however they want but putting together a reasonable trade that has a shot even at getting done is a whole other story.

And as for the"what if Murray is another bust" who gives a ****!!!What has Carter been?Murray would be a UFA at yrs end!!!No commintment required.

Old
12-30-2003, 08:03 AM
drewcon40

I think we are stuck with Tom Poti. The same things that get us upset about Tom Poti are the same things that would cause others not to trade for him. Kevin Lowe fleeced us when we sent Yorkie over there.

Old
12-30-2003, 08:11 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcon40
. Kevin Lowe fleeced us when we sent Yorkie over there.
Understatement of the year!!!!How I wish we could undue this debacle!

Old
12-30-2003, 08:12 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Balanced trade!? The Bruins give up their most reliable goal-scorer for a streaky scorer who never comes through in the clutch. And the B's have enough puckmovers on the blueline in Boynton and Jillson, if they needed anything, they need a reliable stay-at-home defender, something the Rangers could use as well. And no, the 3rd rounder doesn't balance it out either.

And why in the world would you want Gill? The Rangers are slow enough as is. They need more speed, and that's something Hal most assuredly is not.

The best bet of the Rangers is to not make ANY trades, at least none for veteran talent. The key should be to free up roster spots for the kids next season. Just let Lindros, Malakhov, and Mironov go, I believe Carter signed a 1-year-deal, so he's an RFA after this season. If he wants to stay, make him take a paycut. If he doesn't accept it, either cut him loose at the end of the season by not qualifying him or qualify him and trade his rights for a draft pick or something.

Old
12-30-2003, 08:31 AM
nyr5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
The best bet of the Rangers is to not make ANY trades, at least none for veteran talent. The key should be to free up roster spots for the kids next season. Just let Lindros, Malakhov, and Mironov go, I believe Carter signed a 1-year-deal, so he's an RFA after this season. If he wants to stay, make him take a paycut. If he doesn't accept it, either cut him loose at the end of the season by not qualifying him or qualify him and trade his rights for a draft pick or something.
Here's a question...

How would you guys feel if we just tanked the rest of the season and traded everybody we could for picks? A complete firesale. Trade Lindros, Kovalev, Carter, Poti, Nedved, Rucinsky, etc. for as many draft picks as you can get. Eat salary if you have to, basically pay for draft picks. Dolan would probably dissaprove of this, but sadly, this might be the only way we see a Stanley Cup in the next 10 years. Sure it would be a relief to see the Rangers finally play a playoff game, but is that really the ultimate goal? What does sneaking into the playoffs and getting knocked out in the first round do in the big picture? Does it make us a better team? No. Kind of embarrassing when an $80 million team's goal is just to make the playoffs.

Old
12-30-2003, 08:42 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Balanced trade!? The Bruins give up their most reliable goal-scorer for a streaky scorer who never comes through in the clutch. And the B's have enough puckmovers on the blueline in Boynton and Jillson, if they needed anything, they need a reliable stay-at-home defender, something the Rangers could use as well. And no, the 3rd rounder doesn't balance it out either.
In case your new to the NHL maybe you should read up on Boston's history with UFA's big guy!After doing so let me know what you come up with.

And as for their most "reliable" goal scorer the guy has 12 as TWELVE goals in 37 games where as Carter has 8 in 31 and when you factor in the fact that Anson is on a 3rd line RW where as Murray gets to ride shotgun to one of the absolute best players in the game and gets all the icetime he can handle it certainly changes the picture but yeah, I certainly think we should just sit on our hands because the signs of a much improved 2nd half are just popping up left and right.

And they have puck movers in Jillson and Boynton??Boynton isn't much of a offensive guy and Jillson has shown flashes but if this is going to be the guy you rely on for offense from the blueline then you will have issues as you are seeing them go through right now.Jillson started out OK but has fallen off considerably and isn't ready to be the go to guy from the point, no where near that yet.

Last edited by JR#9*: 12-30-2003 at 09:10 AM.
Old
12-30-2003, 08:43 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
Here's a question...

How would you guys feel if we just tanked the rest of the season and traded everybody we could for picks? A complete firesale. Trade Lindros, Kovalev, Carter, Poti, Nedved, Rucinsky, etc. for as many draft picks as you can get. Eat salary if you have to, basically pay for draft picks. Dolan would probably dissaprove of this, but sadly, this might be the only way we see a Stanley Cup in the next 10 years. Sure it would be a relief to see the Rangers finally play a playoff game, but is that really the ultimate goal? What does sneaking into the playoffs and getting knocked out in the first round do in the big picture? Does it make us a better team? No. Kind of embarrassing when an $80 million team's goal is just to make the playoffs.
I think that we'd all love to see something like that happen, but I also believe that we all know that that won't happen anytime soon.

:mad:

Old
12-30-2003, 09:18 AM
NCalFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
Here's a question...

What would Dolan Loose....The revenue from three (at best) home games and then out. That being said, your idea has alot of merit, but just what kind of draft picks would be available for the players you mention. Me thinks the trade off might not be as promissing as you would expect, and then how deep is this years draft. I haven't heard much. Thoughts any one? At least it beat watching a team you want to loose and then questioning your sanity for supporting it.

Old
12-30-2003, 09:20 AM
tony

Quote:

And why in the world would you want Gill? The Rangers are slow enough as is. They need more speed, and that's something Hal most assuredly is not.

if they have so many puckmovers on the blueline why is ted donato playing the point on the pp?

Old
12-30-2003, 09:26 AM
John Flyers Fan

I think it's a fair trade value wise.

My only comment would be that I think Rangers fans would get sick of Gill about as quickly as they were sick of Poti.

Gill is big, slow and not nearly as physical as he should be.]

IMO Gill is a bigger, but slower version of Chris Therien.

Old
12-30-2003, 09:35 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
In case your new to the NHL maybe you should read up on Boston's history with UFA's big guy!After doing so let me know what you come up with.
I've been a hockey fan almost my entire life, and before the Avs came to town, I was a B's fan. So yeah, I know a little about Boston. Your point being?

Quote:
And as for their most "reliable" goal scorer the guy has 12 as TWELVE goals in 37 games where as Carter has 8 in 31 and when you factor in the fact that Anson is on a 3rd line RW where as Murray gets to ride shotgun to one of the absolute best players in the game and gets all the icetime he can handle it certainly changes the picture
He scored over 40 goals with Jozef Stumpel as his set up man two years ago, so right there your "riding the coattails of Joe Thornton" argument goes right out the window. He scored over 40 goals with Joe as his set-up man last year, but since he's off to a poor start, they're going to trade him!? One bad start doesn't erase 2 solid seasons, unless you're in Rangers management. And right there you admit that Carter is a third liner, so Boston should trade their top line right wing for a 3rd line right wing?

Quote:
And they have puck movers in Jillson and Boynton??Boynton isn't much of a offensive guy and Jillson has shown flashes but if this is going to be the guy you rely on for offense from the blueline then you will have issues as you are seeing them go through right now.Jillson started out OK but has fallen off considerably and isn't ready to be the go to guy from the point, no where near that yet.
Boynton and Jillson have their faults, but neither of them are anywhere near as disastrous in their own end as Poti. He would only compound the problem the B's currently have, and that's keeping the puck out of their own net.

And finally...

Quote:
but yeah, I certainly think we should just sit on our hands because the signs of a much improved 2nd half are just popping up left and right.
Who said anything about an improved 2nd half? That wasn't my point. I'm not saying the Rangers should sit on their hands because the team will improve, but they need to stop making this trade or that for some hotshot player. It's like putting a band-aid on a gaping wound. There are kids in the system who deserve to play, quit filling the roster spots with aging veterans and BUILD. The goal shouldn't be "get to the playoffs," it should be aimed at building a foundation for long-term success. You can't do that when you continually bring in veterans who have had their best years elsewhere.

Old
12-30-2003, 09:44 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
I've been a hockey fan almost my entire life, and before the Avs came to town, I was a B's fan. So yeah, I know a little about Boston. Your point being?

He scored over 40 goals with Jozef Stumpel as his set up man two years ago, so right there your "riding the coattails of Joe Thornton" argument goes right out the window. He scored over 40 goals with Joe as his set-up man last year, but since he's off to a poor start, they're going to trade him!? One bad start doesn't erase 2 solid seasons, unless you're in Rangers management. And right there you admit that Carter is a third liner, so Boston should trade their top line right wing for a 3rd line right wing?

Boynton and Jillson have their faults, but neither of them are anywhere near as disastrous in their own end as Poti. He would only compound the problem the B's currently have, and that's keeping the puck out of their own net.

And finally...

Who said anything about an improved 2nd half? That wasn't my point. I'm not saying the Rangers should sit on their hands because the team will improve, but they need to stop making this trade or that for some hotshot player. It's like putting a band-aid on a gaping wound. There are kids in the system who deserve to play, quit filling the roster spots with aging veterans and BUILD. The goal shouldn't be "get to the playoffs," it should be aimed at building a foundation for long-term success. You can't do that when you continually bring in veterans who have had their best years elsewhere.
Dumping ground for bad contracts?!?!

Which part of UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT DO YOU FAIL TO UNDERSTAND???

He is free to walk away from the B's at yrs end which he likely will do when he gets Jacobs "offer" to remain in Beantown.That means you look at moving him for something rather than losing him for nothing and the fact that he's a UFA this significantly LOWERS your trade value!!!

You asking me what my point about Boston and UFA's was is a joke right?

And Murray is as inconsistent as it comes as well.He's a poor mans Leclair and is a guy that feeds off of what others create.Stumpel is a great playmaker and yes, his year last yr was very, very much about being on Hart trophy Joe Thornton's winger.

And as somebody else just pointed out what was in the paper the other day why the @$% would you have the one and only Teddy D manning your PP point when your so full of offensive talent from the blueline???No need to upgarde there as shown by this point.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 12-30-2003 at 09:48 AM.
Old
12-30-2003, 09:56 AM
nyr5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCalFan
What would Dolan Loose....The revenue from three (at best) home games and then out. That being said, your idea has alot of merit, but just what kind of draft picks would be available for the players you mention. Me thinks the trade off might not be as promissing as you would expect, and then how deep is this years draft. I haven't heard much. Thoughts any one? At least it beat watching a team you want to loose and then questioning your sanity for supporting it.
With the lockout coming up, I imagine there will be two types of teams at the deadline: a) teams which will try to unload contracts and build up on youth in fear of a hard cap; and b) teams which will make one last push for a Cup before the new CBA and worry about the finances later. I pray that the Rangers dont fall into the latter category.

Most of the guys I mentioned trading are either in their contract year or have one more year to go, so teams in category B wouldnt shy away from them because of their contracts. Notice I didnt mention Holik or Kasparaitis because no team except the Rangers themselves would be stupid enough to take on their contracts. Here's what I think each player could bring back in a trade (hypothetically)...

Kovalev: For a team really desperate to add a talented scorer/playmaker (Detroit?), he could bring back 2 first rounders or a 1st and a top prospect. When you consider what Philly gave up for Oates, perhaps even more.

Carter: Also worth at least a 1st rounder, but not nearly as much as Kovalev.

Lindros: Toronto would love to get him. Maybe Caliocavoco (sp?) and a 2nd for Lindros?

Poti: If we ate his salary along with the deal, realistically he could bring back a late 1st rounder.

Just that alone would give us at least four extra 1st round picks and a top prospect. Then we could trade all of that for the 2005 #1 pick and select Crosby!!!

No, but seriously. I have no objections to having a fire sale and collecting massive amounts of draft picks.

Ok, back to reality.

Old
12-30-2003, 10:13 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
I think this is a well balanced trade that would work well for both teams as each are clearly in need of some changes.

My reasoning behind the moves and why each team should make it would be this---1st, Murray is coming off a 40+ goal season where he netted 94pts and has played well w/Thornton but isn't playing as effectively this year as Big Joe hasn't played up to the level he did last year and Murray is a guy who feeds off others.This year he is 37GP-12G-16A+28PTS and hasn't played as well obviously.

But it's not his performance that would lead the B's to move him but rather the fact that it's pretty certain he'll walk away as a UFA at yrs end as we all know Boston doesn't re-up their guys and they'll certainly be outbid for his services.That being said it's better to get something then nothing for him when he walks.

Carter on the other hand has also been a bigtime disappointment but unlike Murray he's not UFA eligible and he's under contract for next yr(it was a 2yr arbitration award right?) and although he has a pricey salary for what he's produced he still would be under contract and he'd likely have a bigtime bounceback in Boston where he's played very well and had success and when you figure in that he'd likely be playing with Big Joe I'd be willing to bet that Anson would put up career #'s.Let's not forget that Murray was a inconsistent goalscorer who averaged about 20 a game before coming back from LA.

Murray coming here would provide Lindros with a big body that knows how to get open in the slots and has the hands to convert whatever chances Lindros would setup for him.

This part of the deal shakes out to be Murray>>Carter at this point but when you factor in the UFA status as well as Carter getting to play w/Joe and also not being eligible for UFA status for another 2 yrs it evens things out a bit.

For the other aspect of the trade I look at it like this---Poti>Gill as Tom is a 40+pt guy who while not a defensive anchor can provide much needed offense from the blueline and has the ability to both QB the PP as well as lug the puck up ice with his skating and stickhandling and one of the most underated aspects of his game is that he is one of the best in the game at making the long tape to tape outlet pass that spings guys for breakaways/oddman rushes.

Boston is lacking all these aspects and Tom, the hometown boy would flourish being the main offensive guy in Boston as oppossed to 2nd fiddle to Leetch.

The B's have toughness and size in McGillis and O'donnell that they can afford to give up Gill to address the lacking offense from the blueline.

Gill coming to the NYR's would provide us with maybe FINALLY the right guy to anchor Leetch.He's 6'7 250lbs and is tough to play against.Pairing him w/Leetch would allieviate his lack of skating and him focusing on being a Buekeboom type anchor would free Leetch up to play the way he's most effective.

We've been lacking a crease clearing d-man and toughness on the blueline and this would certainly go a long way in addressing both those needs.

I think it does good for both teams that are in need of something to jolt them and identifies needs on both squads.I for one would do this deal and feel both teams would come out better as a result, us maybe alittle more in the shorterm but in the longrun the B's will benifit as they get back value that fills needs instead of having Murray walk while getting nothing in return come July.And while the B's could move Murray for youth/picks, the fans in Boston are already beyond fed up with the way the B's conduct buisness and letting another piece go in such a manner would leave the Fleet center even less full.
Anson Carter never went to arbitration.The Rangers and Carter settled before the arbitration hearing.Carter signed a one year deal worth $2.8 million.

Hal Gill?You can't be serious.He has the mobility of a lamp post

Tom Poti was given the two year arbitration award

Old
12-30-2003, 10:19 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
Hal Gill?You can't be serious.He has the mobility of a lamp post
And that Jeff Buekeboom was lighning out there I guess?Didn't stop him from being Leetch's most effective partner he ever had.

Old
12-30-2003, 10:32 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
And that Jeff Buekeboom was lighning out there I guess?Didn't stop him from being Leetch's most effective partner he ever had.

Buekeboom was a big time physical presence, something that Gill is not.

Old
12-30-2003, 10:47 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Not many are the physical presence Bueke was but Hal is 6'7 250 and if you are standing infront of the net with him he will move you out, end of story, something that's been a big problem thus far on the squad.

Add to that that Gill is always a plus player, is good for 18-20 pts a year and the fact that he's only 28 and he's just bottom line a pretty good defenseman.A poor man's Chara.

I wouldn't mind having him on my blueline matched against the other teams top line with Leetch as his partner.Certainly would be a much more effective pairing the Leetch-Poti

Old
12-30-2003, 10:47 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Which part of UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT DO YOU FAIL TO UNDERSTAND???

He is free to walk away from the B's at yrs end which he likely will do when he gets Jacobs "offer" to remain in Beantown.That means you look at moving him for something rather than losing him for nothing and the fact that he's a UFA this significantly LOWERS your trade value!!!

You asking me what my point about Boston and UFA's was is a joke right?
Chill, dude...only trying to have a discussion here.

Being a UFA lowers your trade value, sure, does it lower it to Anson Carter, a former Bruin who left Boston in ignominious fashion? No. Impending UFA or not, he's worth far more than that.

Does Boston let UFAs walk? Sure they do, but they also hold onto core players when they've proven themselves, and Murray is a core player. And hey, Jacobs inexplicably threw 5 million a year at Martin Lapointe, so sometimes you never know, they might just keep Murray around.

Quote:
Stumpel is a great playmaker and yes, his year last yr was very, very much about being on Hart trophy Joe Thornton's winger.
If I were to take this quote into the Kings forum I'd be laughed out of the place. Stumpel is a HORRID player who got his stats inflated one season because Murray was carrying him, not the other way around.

Quote:
And as somebody else just pointed out what was in the paper the other day why the @$% would you have the one and only Teddy D manning your PP point when your so full of offensive talent from the blueline???No need to upgarde there as shown by this point.
Again, man, chill already. You're not listening. The Bruins have huge problems, and almost all of them stem from the blueline--I never refuted that. But Poti is NOT an upgrade. To get rid of Gill, the only thing remotely resembling a defensive defenseman, for an offensive defender who's a liability in his own zone makes absolutely no sense.

Full of offensive talent? Kindly refrain from putting words in my mouth, or keyboard, as it were...

You're entitled to your opinion, but if I'm the Rangers GM, I don't do this deal, and if I'm the Bruins GM, NO WAY do I do this deal.

Old
12-30-2003, 10:51 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
There's not many "big time" physical presenceseseses out there right now that Poti could fetch.. I don't think.. Gill is NOT Jeff Beukaboom, but he's still an upgrade on the Rangers blueline..

Other candidates that might be better;

Gauthier- Available? maybe, but I doubt Calgary has any interest in Poti..

McKee- I doubt he's truly available, and don;t see why Buffalo would want Poti for him..

Basically, besides the fact that I slam Poti at every chance, I do think he can help a team big time when he's in the right spot.. He's still a good young talent, and if the Rangers had more beef on the blueline to compliment Leetch and Poti, it would be nice to have both, but as of now, if Poti has to be the one to go to improve this blueline, then so be it..

Old
12-30-2003, 10:52 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
You're entitled to your opinion, but if I'm the Rangers GM, I don't do this deal, and if I'm the Bruins GM, NO WAY do I do this deal.
Scratch that...if I were the Rangers GM I would do this deal.

Closed Thread