HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

GDT: Columbus vs. San Jose

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2003, 04:58 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
GDT: Columbus vs. San Jose

4-1 San Jose.

First Game vs. the rival that isnt. I dont think anything will happen, especially if Scott Parker.

Hopefully they sold this game out. Attendance has gone South this season, which shouldnt be, as Ohio State Basketball is terrible and has only played crappy opponents at home, and OSUs Football Season, long since not cared about by the casual fan(except by the TV Networks)

Old
12-31-2003, 05:07 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zherdev Fan
4-1 San Jose.

First Game vs. the rival that isnt. I dont think anything will happen, especially if Scott Parker.

Hopefully they sold this game out. Attendance has gone South this season, which shouldnt be, as Ohio State Basketball is terrible and has only played crappy opponents at home, and OSUs Football Season, long since not cared about by the casual fan(except by the TV Networks)
This team often seems to do the opposite of what I think. Tonight, I think they'll lose. Unless, of course, I'm thinking they'll lose in an attempt to get them to win. In that case, I guess I think they'll win, which means they'll lose. We'll call it a draw. 2-2.
In any case, Bobble Rick will be watching with me.

Old
12-31-2003, 05:16 AM
3mta3

Should be dull. Games with a lot of hype never live up to it. The settling of scores won't happen and the Jackets will lose quietly at home, boosting liquor sales in the Arena District to all time highs.

Old
12-31-2003, 05:44 AM
jackets63

Other than a few soft goals, they havent played too badly over thier last 3 games. I still think they outplayed Dallas the other night (0 shots in the 3rd) and they went toe to toe with St. Louis the last game. If those games hadnt come in the middle of a sea of losses, the wouldnt be so hard to take. I think they find a way to get it done tonight.

I also dont think it will live up to the hype. Shelley and Parker will get into a 3 punch hug-fest and it will be declared over. I look for JLGP or Ling to do more scrapping than Shells. Maybe one from an unknown fighter (Nash gets in his first?).

Oh well, I get the feeling that it will be a fun one to watch one way or another.

Old
12-31-2003, 06:23 AM
CBJSlash

1-1 Tie, It's not going to be pretty. Grand-Pierre scores one like he did the 2nd game of last year Anybody remember that, it was a pretty sweet goal.

Old
12-31-2003, 10:40 AM
gr88bd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSlash
1-1 Tie, It's not going to be pretty. Grand-Pierre scores one like he did the 2nd game of last year Anybody remember that, it was a pretty sweet goal.
I believe I'd put the youngsters on a line together (Nash-Malhotra- Zherdev) for a couple of shifts just for giggles. At least the line wont be a "dump and chase" or a "skate past the blue line and curl" line. Ill be watching the game from the TW lounge tonight celebrating my 19th wedding anniversary. Hope I can come away with something to smile about .

Old
12-31-2003, 02:32 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Fight night so far!

Shelley vs. Parker
Ling vs. Smith

Any word on line combos?

Old
12-31-2003, 03:33 PM
Plan 9

Is this Klesla's first game back from injury? How's he looking?

Old
12-31-2003, 04:32 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov71
Is this Klesla's first game back from injury? How's he looking?
Well, he played 16:14 in his return, but that's about all the information I can tell you.

On a side-note, whats up with losing?

Another loss...1-0.

Old
12-31-2003, 04:42 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Rusty looked pretty good out there. Made a few good plays on defense, but was a little passive on offense. Good first game back.

Two games in a row that Nash hasn't been "on". Guess he can't carry the team every game.

Old
12-31-2003, 05:16 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Tonight all 4 First Round Picks were in the Line up tonight.

Unfortunitly, none of them played well(assuming they played)

Old
12-31-2003, 05:18 PM
CBJSlash

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSlash
Hey I would've been right if they didn't ship off Grand-Pierre this afternoon. It cost us a point.

Old
12-31-2003, 05:25 PM
gr88bd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ozzie X
Rusty looked pretty good out there. Made a few good plays on defense, but was a little passive on offense. Good first game back.

Two games in a row that Nash hasn't been "on". Guess he can't carry the team every game.
JLG was scratched ,didnt know he got traded till i read it here . Mc Donell played. The Sharks really keyed on Zherdev they mugged him every chance they got. Nash started getting real physical and took a stupid penalty.(slashing) He just wasnt as effective moving the puck after that .
Every one played real solid, just not outstanding.
Sandy still makes the blueline and curls even if theres only one defender in front of him and his teammates charging the net behind him (it's real dissapointing to see the team turn and see wheres he's gonna pass the puck instead of maybe picking up a rebound in front of them off the goalie)
Oh well, now we're off on a road trip...

Last edited by gr88bd: 12-31-2003 at 05:41 PM.
Old
12-31-2003, 05:43 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zherdev Fan
Tonight all 4 First Round Picks were in the Line up tonight.

Unfortunitly, none of them played well(assuming they played)
All were dressed.

Leclaire rode pine though, so they haven't all been 'on the ice' together yet...warm-up's aside.

Old
12-31-2003, 05:44 PM
TBJF
Brick by Ga-borik

Send a message via AIM to TBJF Send a message via Yahoo to TBJF
I've booed this team in the past (and probably will in the future) but I wasn't with the boo-birds tonight. The effort seemed to be there. They were playing a strong opponent and Nabakov made some quality saves to earn the shutout.

After a horrible first period Sanderson played very well in the second but got nothing to show for it. It's frustrating, but it's supposed to be hard to score in this league.

Denis looked pretty good - I liked his positioning better tonight.

There's a price to be paid for playing 19-year-old kids who've been in North America less than two months in the NHL and we paid it tonight. But hopefully he'll learn quickly.

Klesla was impressive, maybe a bit conservative going into the offensive end but not at all shy about the boards or corners. And Richardson appears to be back to normal.

I thought Andrew Cassels looked lost out there several times tonight.

Now there's that *(%^$ing road trip to endure ....

Old
12-31-2003, 08:24 PM
jacketracket*

Good game. I left the Nat happy.

With all the kvetching we do about not winning, these guys are clearly an improvement over the previous CBJ editions, IMO. Close losses are painful---with a soft goal here or a missed open net there being the difference between a W and an L---but these guys are playing good teams close, while icing a patchwork D. Another high draft pick or two, and.......

I hope I'm just not becoming complacent about losing.

Old
12-31-2003, 08:53 PM
Matt Foley*

Yet another tough loss - how many can this team take?

After the game, FSN showed the scene on the Jackets bench as the game ended. Sanderson looked like he was about to cry. Everyone else looked like they had just been subjected to shock therapy.

The effort, again, was there. It's just that we're playing a style of hockey where there's very little margin for error. Executing on the PP is crucial for this team, since we seem incapable of scoring consistently 5 on 5. I don't even remember any good scoring chances on the PP tonight.

Better days lie ahead for this team; however, it's no fun at all waiting for them to arrive.

Old
01-01-2004, 08:13 AM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley
Yet another tough loss - how many can this team take?

After the game, FSN showed the scene on the Jackets bench as the game ended. Sanderson looked like he was about to cry. Everyone else looked like they had just been subjected to shock therapy.

The effort, again, was there. It's just that we're playing a style of hockey where there's very little margin for error. Executing on the PP is crucial for this team, since we seem incapable of scoring consistently 5 on 5. I don't even remember any good scoring chances on the PP tonight.

Better days lie ahead for this team; however, it's no fun at all waiting for them to arrive.
In a twisted sort of way I'm glad they all looked horrible. If they were smiles, or even looking impartial, I'd be pissed off.

The effort is coming, and the results aren't. I think we'll be a better team for it in the new year, because we will not be in the best of spirits.

Closed Thread