HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who do you like to see in the line-up?

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2004, 10:58 AM
mkc2

vCash: 500
Who do you like to see in the line-up?

J. Vandermeer, C. Therien or D. Seidenberg and why?

Old
01-01-2004, 01:34 PM
Rex88

Any but Therien.
I would be OK with either Vandy or Seids and let them start to develop as they are both at least equal overall with Therien in my opinion.
We should be looking to move Therien in the next month or so (or around the deadline) to a team in need.

Old
01-01-2004, 01:48 PM
Steve L*

Seidenberg, he has more offensive upside than the other two while still being able to defend. Vandermeer isnt really needed as hes the only minus player and Brashear or Fedoruk can drop them when neccessary. That will leave Therien as the 7th D man.

Old
01-01-2004, 01:53 PM
fisby

no question -> Dennis

Old
01-01-2004, 01:56 PM
FlyerFire

Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisby
no question -> Dennis

Old
01-01-2004, 02:05 PM
Winston Wolf

Definitely Seidenberg, because he is not a downgrade defensively from Therien or Vandermeer and is a BIG upgrade on the transition and in the offensive zone. I also feel that his upside is much higher than Vandermeer, simply because he can do everything Vandermeer can, (except fight) but bring an offensive aspect that Vandermeer can't.

I also think that when Joni becomes our #1 in the near future, that Dennis would be a much better partner on the PP than Kim would be. Kim is more of a passer than a shooter, whereas I think Dennis has the big blast that would be very effective to take the some of the attention away from Joni when on the PP.

I definitely want to see Vandermeer with the Flyers in the future when some of the veterans retire because I think he brings toughness that no other defenseman in the organization brings, (roster players or prospects) but if I have to choose between Vandermeer or Seidenberg, I would definitely take Seidenberg.

Old
01-01-2004, 02:25 PM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
Seidenberg, he has more offensive upside than the other two while still being able to defend. Vandermeer isnt really needed as hes the only minus player and Brashear or Fedoruk can drop them when neccessary. That will leave Therien as the 7th D man.
Good points - we need Brashear to take control a bit more often physically

Old
01-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Nikkowar

Send a message via AIM to Nikkowar Send a message via MSN to Nikkowar
I'd like to have Seidenberg because he worked his little ass off bulking up just to be sent down. Also,anyone is better than Therien,even my mother.

Old
01-01-2004, 04:02 PM
stanley

As much as I think Seidenberg and Vandermeer will be solid NHL players, I would take Therien over the others now. Bundy's blunders are far overdone in Philadelphia. I don't see him coming back next year (or whenever they play again), but for now I think the staff feels more comfortable with him out there as opposed to the other two.

Old
01-01-2004, 05:25 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley
As much as I think Seidenberg and Vandermeer will be solid NHL players, I would take Therien over the others now. Bundy's blunders are far overdone in Philadelphia. I don't see him coming back next year (or whenever they play again), but for now I think the staff feels more comfortable with him out there as opposed to the other two.
His blunders are in no way overdone. His mistakes are obvious even to a blind person. The announcers point them out because they are so obvious. He gets taken out of plays by players half his size. He can't keep up with any of the players and he is known to take stupid penalties. I would take Dennis or Jimmy. Dennis has an offensive upside and Jimmy has a defensive upside and he is willing to drop the gloves.

Old
01-01-2004, 05:34 PM
RoDu

Seidenberg all the way, Vandermeer has not impressed me at all

Old
01-01-2004, 05:45 PM
MojoJojo

I see the Therien Bashers havent arrived in force yet. I pick Bundy as number 2. I know what his faults are, and overall he is as good a 5th-6th defenseman as any in the league with only one or two exceptions. His mistakes are way overblown by people looking for a goat to blame. He is also the only defeenseman on this team with the size, strength, and skill to deal with the larger power forwards in the league.

Honestly I would prefer Seidenberg though. He has bulked up over 200 lbs, and has easily been the best player on the Phantoms this season in both ends of the ice. With him, the Flyers blue line is quite small, but man are they fast and great to have in transition.

Vandemeer is a nice player who has been playing well. Unfortunately he is not as strong as Therien and not as good with the puck as Seidenberg. He looks to be developing into a good player though. Ultimately his potential is as a solid 5th sixth, like Therien, but not much Higher.

Closed Thread