HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Jagr

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2003, 10:04 AM
FlyersFan10*

vCash: 500
Jagr

I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but we all know that Jagr's best years were in the state of Pensylvania. While Jagr isn't exactly tearing it up in Washington, the man still has "mad skillz" and would benefit from a change in scenery and roles. Jagr has never been a leader and when he got to Washington, he was expected to lead the Capitals. Jagr is one of those players who is best when there are others there to address the media and team. I figure that with Roenick, Recchi, Primeau, LeClair, Amonte, Desjardins, Weinrich, etc.....currently in place, Jagr would only be expected to do one thing......SCORE. With regards to his defensive play, he isn't bad, but he would definitely benefit from playing with someone like Roenick, Primeau or Handzus. I don't think it would be a idea for the Flyers to possibly consider a deal for Jagr. However, our top prospects are off limits. What I would propose is a deal in which Philadelphia sends half decent prospects (Alex Picard, Jim Vandermeer) and a third round pick. We take on all of Jagr's remaining contract and look at dealing someone like LeClair for draft picks. I think it is something that can work to the Flyers advantage. You know that Leonsis is over a barrel with Jagr right now and I have a funny feeling that once Jagr is out of Washington, you can bet his play comes back to normal again.

Old
12-31-2003, 10:21 AM
blah

Nobody wants LeClair's contract or Jagr's for that matter.

Old
12-31-2003, 10:31 AM
Toonces
The beer kitty

I wont flame you but...

No way in Hell! I wouldn't take him for a bag of pucks. Jagr may score, but he brings nothing else to the table, and I think would be a detriment to the locker room.

Old
12-31-2003, 10:38 AM
Rex88

I wouldn't even deal Leclair FOR Jagr at this point.
That contract is long and more suffocating than imaginable.
They will be retooling until the contract is done and then all those picks from the Oates trade will make them a good team again.

Old
12-31-2003, 11:48 AM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces
I wont flame you but...

No way in Hell! I wouldn't take him for a bag of pucks. Jagr may score, but he brings nothing else to the table, and I think would be a detriment to the locker room.
And to think, that's what pittsburgh got in return when they traded him :-p

Old
12-31-2003, 01:32 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

*flames*

Old
12-31-2003, 05:59 PM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan10
I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but we all know that Jagr's best years were in the state of Pensylvania. While Jagr isn't exactly tearing it up in Washington, the man still has "mad skillz" and would benefit from a change in scenery and roles. Jagr has never been a leader and when he got to Washington, he was expected to lead the Capitals. Jagr is one of those players who is best when there are others there to address the media and team. I figure that with Roenick, Recchi, Primeau, LeClair, Amonte, Desjardins, Weinrich, etc.....currently in place, Jagr would only be expected to do one thing......SCORE. With regards to his defensive play, he isn't bad, but he would definitely benefit from playing with someone like Roenick, Primeau or Handzus. I don't think it would be a idea for the Flyers to possibly consider a deal for Jagr. However, our top prospects are off limits. What I would propose is a deal in which Philadelphia sends half decent prospects (Alex Picard, Jim Vandermeer) and a third round pick. We take on all of Jagr's remaining contract and look at dealing someone like LeClair for draft picks. I think it is something that can work to the Flyers advantage. You know that Leonsis is over a barrel with Jagr right now and I have a funny feeling that once Jagr is out of Washington, you can bet his play comes back to normal again.
NO !!!!!

Old
12-31-2003, 08:31 PM
Rails

Send a message via AIM to Rails
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan10
If you have 11 million bucks to give the team each year of his contract, I'm ok with it. But otherwise, that is a hell nah!

Closed Thread