HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Callahan:

Old
07-09-2007, 01:27 AM
JamesG1221

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Cherepanov might be able to slide into Shanny's spot next fall. As for replacing Straka, I think that's the biggest question mark at this point. Prucha/Hossa could be an option...but those guys aren't really legit 1st liners. Not that you need 3 legit first liners playing with Gomez and Jagr. Another option would be dealing Montoya for a young top line left winger. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'm really not sold on the idea of Hossa as anything if he is even brought back. Prucha is much closer to being what you could consider a first line player (Don't talk to me about his size because Straka isn't much bigger and he's our #1 LW right now). As you said - on a line with Jagr and Gomez/Drury he doesnt exactly have to be elite. He's worked well with Jagr from time to time and for all we know this is the season where he nets another 30-35 goals and Renney can't afford to play him as anything other then a top 6..There's just no way to know what's going to happen until the season is under way.

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 01:53 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrklima85 View Post
I watched him alot in his OHL days and again last year during his brief call up to NY. He's a dynamic little player but is he destined to 3rd line ice time (and NO PP time) now, with the influx of the big time forwards.

What do you guys see as his point potential next year.

PS.....
as a non-Ranger fan just stopping by, you guys have a stocked shelf of prospects......it's now one of the few teams to list blue chippers at goalie/d and forward like NY does.
he is the strangest player ive ever seen. He brings NOTHING remarkable to the ice except for 1 thing. He is an unbelievably opportunistic player. Im not impressed by his speed, aggression, stick handling, shot, defense, vision, etc. But somehow he seems to always find himself in prime scoring places with the puck on his stick, and he buries them.

I guess that means his hockey IQ is off the charts.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 12:57 AM
Pizza

....and his attitude. The guy has the right mindset. He strikes me as a guy that will do damn near anything to win.

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 01:22 AM
Hockey Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
....and his attitude. The guy has the right mindset. He strikes me as a guy that will do damn near anything to win.
now that is a player that everyone should want on their team.

Hockey Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 04:07 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
I think Callahans realistic potential is a very good third liner who could step up if needed, and gives a little bit of everything. He seems like a guy who has a lot of heart, and works for it all.
I see the Gravey dynamic in him! I think eventually he will work his way up to the second line, and be a better than expected offensive player if he continues to hustle like he did late last season for the Rangers

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 04:36 PM
thestaalera*

Callahan will score 35 to 40 one year. He'll also have years he scores 20 to 24. He shoots a lot. He drives the net very hard. One or two years the puck will find him a lot and he will rack up the goals. Hopefully, it won't be a contract year. If you put Cally's heart into Brendl, Brendl would have scored 40 goals every year.

thestaalera* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 05:28 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by signlundqvist View Post
Callahan will score 35 to 40 one year. He'll also have years he scores 20 to 24. He shoots a lot. He drives the net very hard. One or two years the puck will find him a lot and he will rack up the goals. Hopefully, it won't be a contract year. If you put Cally's heart into Brendl, Brendl would have scored 40 goals every year.
What about Lundmark, I wish he was still with the Rangers. At 26 now, he could break out under the right system. I thought he was a much better player than Brendl. I think we misused him while he was here. Maybe a team like the Hawks, Jackets or Canucks can use him.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 05:32 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

lol Lundmark....

Jorts you crazy glue sniffer!

wolfgaze is online now   Reply With Quote