HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NY Islanders Stanley Cup Playoff Discussion (Caps Win Series 4-3) Part II

Old
04-27-2015, 09:11 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 50
NY Islanders Stanley Cup Playoff Discussion (Caps Win Series 4-3) Part II

Part I: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1872531

04-27-2015, 09:19 PM
19Backstrom
Pray 4 Octopi

vCash: 500
Caps fan here.

Hell of a series, don't you think ? So many stories, so many heroes on both sides.
Today, one of the two teams had to lose. I swear, I thought that the Caps would be the losing team about 128 times today. That's how close it was. Tough luck for the injuries, but I guess that's part of hockey.

The Isles are a very young team. I chirp a lot on the main boards or Caps boards, but to be honest with you, I ****ing love JT. You have a bright future ahead. The Isles made the playoffs in September as soon as they acquired Leddy and Boychuk. If your GM can get such sweet deals next year, we could be looking at a top contending team.

If I were you, I'd be excited for next year.
We will try to kick some Rags butt for you now.

Cheers

19Backstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2015, 09:38 PM
YearlyLottery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Backstrom View Post
Caps fan here.

Hell of a series, don't you think ? So many stories, so many heroes on both sides.
Today, one of the two teams had to lose. I swear, I thought that the Caps would be the losing team about 128 times today. That's how close it was. Tough luck for the injuries, but I guess that's part of hockey.

The Isles are a very young team. I chirp a lot on the main boards or Caps boards, but to be honest with you, I ****ing love JT. You have a bright future ahead. The Isles made the playoffs in September as soon as they acquired Leddy and Boychuk. If your GM can get such sweet deals next year, we could be looking at a top contending team.

Cheers

Good series. Don't let the Rags win....

YearlyLottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2015, 09:46 PM
Le Grec

Le Grec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2015, 09:55 PM
DeanCorso

Quote:
Caps fan here.

Cheers
Typical Caps...mocking

Excited for next year with Capuano?...is that supposed to be funny?

Must be proud with a team that have a couples of goons like Wilson

DeanCorso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2015, 10:08 PM
19Backstrom
Pray 4 Octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanCorso View Post
Typical Caps...mocking

Excited for next year with Capuano?...is that supposed to be funny?

Must be proud with a team that have a couples of goons like Wilson
Do you know how to read ? I was praising your team...

19Backstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2015, 10:12 PM
BTrotts19

Quote:
Caps fan here.

Cheers
Hopefully you smack around the Rags and you guys are catching a break if Zuccarello is really out.

BTrotts19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2015, 10:17 PM
Le Grec

Le Grec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2015, 10:37 PM
LeapOnOver

Quote:
Ignore him. There are sore losers everywhere.

Thanks for the kind words, but this one hurts hard. You know we haven't won for so long so not everyone is ready to just swallow their pride at this point.

LeapOnOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2015, 10:46 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grec View Post

I'm mix emotions right now, and don't want to type anything I'll regret.

Not directed at you Le Grec, just the Isles situation.

Homeland Security is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2015, 10:50 PM
Backhand of Justice
Casey Zeeky

Been an Islander fan my whole life since I was born in 93. Didn't start following hockey religiously till 09. This years team has been by far the most exciting team to watch as a fan. I've never had such a connection with an Islanders team my whole life, and I will cherish this season despite the outcome. I love these boys with all my heart, and it sucks that we have to get it taken away from us, but at least they're staying in the NY area.

Thank you Isles. See you in September.

Backhand of Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2015, 01:40 AM
IslesFanInLondon
Rookie User

Isles fan since I was born in '81.. unfortunately didn't know what was going on for the Cup years (goo goo gah gah)... Lafontaine was my first hero.. went wild for the Volek OT goal.. broke blood vessels yelling Steve Webb and nearly shed a tear when Bates put in that penalty shot...

Obviously a disappointing end to a very hard fought series. Truly a shame that this high octane (regular season) scoring team couldn't find the back of the net in the post-season. Halak was the MVP. I hate to say it, but this one truly game down to home ice.. no way the team comes out this flat in NVMC for a game 7.

I'm not angry though.. see you in September.

and to everyone out there.. THIS IS THE WEEK YOU WEAR ALL YOUR ISLES GEAR. REPRESENT.

IslesFanInLondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2015, 02:53 AM
DVon Du Nord

Super tough loss to swallow, even though we saw it coming from the first period. Team came out flat and didn't muster much as the game went on plus not having 3 of our top 6 D really hurt us. I thought I'd be happy with the move to Brooklyn (Not leaving the Island for Kansas City and all) but something about the end of the Coliseum has me choked up. And that has been the worst part about this loss for me. I'm very excited for this team in the upcoming years and I am excited to not wait an entire intermission to urinate don't get me wrong.

So since the Caps are the ones to end the Coliseum era, please do us the favor of sending the Rags home. It would definitely help me look forward to bigger and better things at Barclays.

DVon Du Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2015, 03:13 AM
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
One More Astronaut

Born in '80; fan since '93, and I'm devastated.

I'll give the Caps credit for winning.

Just as much as I NEED an Anaheim Ducks "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" avatar right now.

This is ****, and the refs ****ed it. Even Milbury said so.

Until the Wild make it to the Finals, I'm all West until the cup is raised.

Someone needs to make Ovechkin play for that NON-CALL on Hickey, who made some otherwise good plays tonight.

Mayfield may just be a keeper. A young Carkner who can skate and isn't so road-beaten that he can be effective on all fronts.

**** the rest of the Metro; this one is ******** and it hurts. Go Ducks.

CanseiDeSerBreakcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2015, 03:21 AM
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
One More Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVon Du Nord View Post
Super tough loss to swallow, even though we saw it coming from the first period. Team came out flat and didn't muster much as the game went on plus not having 3 of our top 6 D really hurt us. I thought I'd be happy with the move to Brooklyn (Not leaving the Island for Kansas City and all) but something about the end of the Coliseum has me choked up. And that has been the worst part about this loss for me. I'm very excited for this team in the upcoming years and I am excited to not wait an entire intermission to urinate don't get me wrong.

So since the Caps are the ones to end the Coliseum era, please do us the favor of sending the Rags home. It would definitely help me look forward to bigger and better things at Barclays.
I don't even care who wins that series as long as the Cup winner is MON/TBL/DET or Western Conference.

I keep seeing that Hickey boarding from Ovechkin.

Snow handled the size factor in the defense through drafting, but we need one, if not 2 power forwards.

CanseiDeSerBreakcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2015, 03:35 AM
DVon Du Nord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanseiDeSerBreakcore View Post
I don't even care who wins that series as long as the Cup winner is MON/TBL/DET or Western Conference.

I keep seeing that Hickey boarding from Ovechkin.

Snow handled the size factor in the defense through drafting, but we need one, if not 2 power forwards.
I just can't stand Ranger fans for the most part and a lot of the team itself, but I wasn't too happy myself about the missed high stick on Boychuk directly leading to the first WAS goal and the somehow missed boarding call on Hickey. Our PP was atrocious all series and I didn't expect it to come through in game 7 and it didn't when it mattered most. We were going to lose this game barring some kind of miracle the second the Isles touched the ice tonight.

The Nielsen goal got me excited, and even that was a fluke. We'd need another one of those to even have had a shot at winning tonight. We should have finished the Caps off earlier, but blowing the lead in game 2 and losing in OT at home in game 4 were major failures. Without our top D we needed one or both of those games.

DVon Du Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2015, 04:28 AM
DktrFaustus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanInLondon View Post
and to everyone out there.. THIS IS THE WEEK YOU WEAR ALL YOUR ISLES GEAR. REPRESENT.
easier for you to say. you don't have to ride the subway here every day.

DktrFaustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2015, 04:56 AM
xECK29x

Best series of the first round, no question

xECK29x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2015, 05:57 AM
CaptDenisPotvin

Quote:
Caps fan here.

Cheers
Haha...i dont think ive ever said this before...i hope the rags piss all over the Caps. They are a scummy dirty team with little talent other than 2 players and a goalie.

Montreal will take care of the Rags but next round the caps are gonna get swept.

Last edited by CaptDenisPotvin: 04-28-2015 at 06:09 AM.
CaptDenisPotvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2015, 06:03 AM
rikker
fan since '75.

if the boys from the team read this, i want to say thank you for a very good season. i honestly believe that it was only experience that held you back. get 'em next year!!

also want to thank the mods, the guys that updated the prospects and the guys that did the GDT's.

rikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2015, 06:44 AM
Pnut

Quote:
Don't worry about certain folks on this board. It was a tough one to swallow here because the years started with promise and this being teh last year at the old barn.

By the way, that is a great avatar there, good idea with the 40 year Old Virgin and all. Cheers.

Pnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2015, 07:08 AM
Brunomics

If the Isles had any pushback in the first the game never would have went this way. Not once did they push the pace.

Caps didn't win this series because they were better. They won because the Isles were afraid out there and spent 58 minutes on their heels.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2015, 07:46 AM
lovegun

I was born in 1965 and became an Islanders diehard fan in 1975, as I'm still upset and sad that the seasons over, but it was a very entertaining year and we finally have a lot to look forward to in the coming years, as I will kind of pull for Calgary now, but I don't really care anymore, as long as the Habs, Rags or Caps don't win, I'll be okay. There are a lot of passionate Islanders fans on here and it was a pleasure reading all your comments and opinions, as we may disagree on many things, but we all have one important thing in common, which is, We Are All And Forever Islanders, No Matter What, And I Salute All Of You

lovegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2015, 07:59 AM
nystromshairstylist
Puck Control Master

I'd like to get an answer from SOB bettman or one of his idiot worker bees as to why ovechkin was not penalized for the 3 boardings against Viz, Tavares or Hickey.

These were obvious boards and it solidifies the NHL as the most poorly officiated league amongst the major four, a garage league with rules that change each game.

The team's PP sucks and likely would not have scored, but to give a pass on three obvious penalties just encouraged the Caps to take even more liberties. Not very happy with the NHL right now.

nystromshairstylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2015, 08:22 AM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by xECK29x View Post
Best series of the first round, no question
This. This series was a ****ing slugfest. Respect to your team and it's fans.

AlexBrovechkin8 is offline   Reply With Quote