HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Isles Moving AGAIN Speculation Part II????

Closed Thread

Old
08-27-2016, 03:46 PM
The Blue Line 81
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Isles Moving AGAIN Speculation Part II????

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=2108155 -Previous Thread.

08-30-2016, 08:56 AM
Bones45
Prince is a Redneck

vCash: 500
Good to hear --- but WHAT ARE THE UPGRADES?????

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...des-1.12239757

Old
08-30-2016, 09:11 AM
Dutch Frost
Battle Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones45 View Post
Good to hear --- but WHAT ARE THE UPGRADES?????

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...des-1.12239757
Most likely they get rid of the Honda car.. that should put an end to that ridiculous twtter account. Seats or standing room only..perhaps some minor construction for the corner seats. Obstructed view tickets half off

Old
08-30-2016, 11:38 AM
periferal

Shouldn't the title of this thread be something like, "Isles threatening to move to get concessions from Barclays"?

Old
08-30-2016, 12:06 PM
Bones45
Prince is a Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
Most likely they get rid of the Honda car.. that should put an end to that ridiculous twtter account. Seats or standing room only..perhaps some minor construction for the corner seats. Obstructed view tickets half off
The CRV in the corner is a source of revenue, frankly the least of the problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by periferal View Post
Shouldn't the title of this thread be something like, "Isles threatening to move to get concessions from Barclays"?
It could change weekly as per agenda by area sports writers.

Old
08-30-2016, 12:33 PM
Dutch Frost
Battle Level

[QUOTE=Bones45;121729621]The CRV in the corner is a source of revenue, frankly the least of the problems.

I know its revenue for the team but thats some prime real estate. They could do some construction there specifically and it could be done quickly and have more seats.

I am sure if they can make more with the car they will leave the car but deep down it looks silly.

Old
08-31-2016, 06:45 PM
stranger34

If anyone is a member of the Facebook group "Bring The Islanders Home" their lease agreement with Barclays has been posted there.

Just an FYI

Old
09-05-2016, 05:57 PM
Bones45
Prince is a Redneck

Solid information here regarding the opt out clause --- from today's Newsday. No agenda, right?

While a new arena/move may be unlikely, its clear that the current deal b/t the two allows anything to happen in the future.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...ons-1.12269479

Old
09-05-2016, 06:14 PM
MJF

Quote:
Solid information here regarding the opt out clause --- from today's Newsday. No agenda, right?

While a new arena/move may be unlikely, its clear that the current deal b/t the two allows anything to happen in the future.

The opt out clause itself is probably the most attractive part of the deal to Ledecky and Malkin

Old
09-05-2016, 06:43 PM
The Blue Line 81
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:

It's a good piece. Lays it out pretty cleanly how things may or may not proceed.

Old
09-05-2016, 06:50 PM
NYI365
Let's Go Islanders!

Interesting that the Nets are allowed to play at most 2 home games away from Barclay's Center, whereas no surprise the Isles aren't. That lease between Ratner and Nassau County that included the Isles play 6 games there a season doesn't look like it holds much promise in that case. Ratner looks like he may be paying the county $1 million extra in rent.

Old
09-05-2016, 08:19 PM
stranger34

Quote:

I wish it was easier to pull all the old posts of people here saying the lease was iron clad, the ny post reporters were hacks, articles talking about the opt out are click bait etc...

Old
09-05-2016, 08:39 PM
gordie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI365 View Post
Interesting that the Nets are allowed to play at most 2 home games away from Barclay's Center, whereas no surprise the Isles aren't. That lease between Ratner and Nassau County that included the Isles play 6 games there a season doesn't look like it holds much promise in that case. Ratner looks like he may be paying the county $1 million extra in rent.
The nets 2 games probably has some to do with the NBA trying to expand the game and playing games in London each year.

What concerns me is if for some reason the Barclay Center wants the Islanders out what then?

Old
09-05-2016, 09:58 PM
Bones45
Prince is a Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger34 View Post
I wish it was easier to pull all the old posts of people here saying the lease was iron clad, the ny post reporters were hacks, articles talking about the opt out are click bait etc...
Don't worry, they know who they are. It would be rude to point fingers. I just dont see how knowing everything we know today, how someone could say that there is no way that the Isles aren't moving from Barclays.

(and yet, I know someone will)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordie43 View Post
The nets 2 games probably has some to do with the NBA trying to expand the game and playing games in London each year.

What concerns me is if for some reason the Barclay Center wants the Islanders out what then?
I think the Newsday article mentioned how Barclays is making much more $ with the Isles there. Unless there is some major tension that we don't know about, I would think it would be the Isles pulling the plug on this mess, not Barclays.

If I was L/M, one of the things I would be working towards is equal footing with the Nets as far as tenants. Have them split first billing. The arena has no feel to it, and where there is a feel, its basketball/non Isles feel. Being an owner, you have to think how the teams "home" comes across to the players and the fans who attend. Right now, its quite lacking. Its someone else's home.

And unless that is overcome, to the point where you can look around the arena and say "Yeah.. this is the Isles home", then I wouldn't be happy.

Then you move on to the obstructed view disaster, and then, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, THE ****ING CUPHOLDERS.

Old
09-05-2016, 11:37 PM
periferal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeland Security View Post
It's a good piece. Lays it out pretty cleanly how things may or may not proceed.
Notice who DIDN'T write it.

Old
09-06-2016, 03:36 AM
blitzkriegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI365 View Post
That whole thing was and is a total sham for Mangano to save face and also soften the blow to local fans.

Old
09-06-2016, 03:41 AM
blitzkriegs

Quote:

It's a solid read but they do not cover how the Isles dates are required to refinance the loans saving BC $90M.

L/M have leverage knowing that BC needs the Isles dates to maintain the terms of the financing.

I suspect L/M will obtain a bunch of concessions from BC as BC needs the Isles. Isles leave BC looks very in the red for the banks.

Old
09-06-2016, 07:32 AM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJF View Post
The opt out clause itself is probably the most attractive part of the deal to Ledecky and Malkin
Actually the wording of the opt out is a poison pill. The "good faith" part makes it extremely difficult to start to build a new building until 3-4 years from now.

Old
09-06-2016, 08:38 AM
The Lighthouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs View Post
That whole thing was and is a total sham for Mangano to save face and also soften the blow to local fans.
Essentially just a way to work another $1 million in rent into the lease agreement, without calling it "rent."

Old
09-06-2016, 10:34 AM
denis

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Actually the wording of the opt out is a poison pill. The "good faith" part makes it extremely difficult to start to build a new building until 3-4 years from now.
That's my read as well. In addition, it means that it's not a unilateral opt out as they need to exchange reasonable proposals to work out any differences before either side can terminate the agreement. It seems to greatly limit it's utility.

Besides that, the only thing worth noting is that while everyone is pointing to the revenue guarantee as limiting profitability, that seems to be anything but the case. That guarantee is not the cap, it's the floor, with the team also getting 70 percent of everything that comes in after the guarantee is hit. That's kind of a big deal.

Old
09-06-2016, 11:00 AM
BMOK33

At the end of the day if the Isles want out, Barclays will let them out. Despite what anything in the lease may say. I can't see Barclays saying no if the Isles basically have a deal done to star building a new arena in queens. They may be pains in the ass for a time but inevitably it's in the best interests of the NHL and the fans to let them out if that transpires

Old
09-06-2016, 11:36 AM
islesfan3991

vCash: 121
It really wouldn't shock me if the renovated Coliseum became our temporary home while a new arena is being built, as mentioned in the article. The timeframe seems to match up fairly well.

Old
09-06-2016, 11:50 AM
Bones45
Prince is a Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by islesfan3991 View Post
It really wouldn't shock me if the renovated Coliseum became our temporary home while a new arena is being built, as mentioned in the article. The timeframe seems to match up fairly well.
Even more entertaining was the idea that MSG could be the temporary home.

Imagine that.

Old
09-06-2016, 11:58 AM
The Blue Line 81
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger34 View Post
It is in a sense "iron clad" as from the Isles standpoint it is not exactly move friendly considering the timing of things and when they have to be done, and how long it takes for a new building to be designed and build. I said before here or elsewhere, every contact is breakable it's just a matter of the terms to break it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islesfan3991 View Post
Quote:
Even more entertaining was the idea that MSG could be the temporary home.

Imagine that.

I could see NVMC becoming a TEMPORARY home. I would prefer that over MSG. I don't want that filth (MSG) to be even our temporary home.

Old
09-06-2016, 12:05 PM
MJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Good faith negotiating, unless it's defined in the agreement, is nebulous at best and difficult to prove that one side did not bargain in good faith.

Closed Thread