HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

hawks and rangers trade proposal

Old
07-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Nich

vCash: 500
dawes will replace hossa in the line up...mark my words

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 05:16 PM
funky

Lundqvist= 4 - 6.5, Shanny =2 with incentives worth 2, Avery =2 - 2.5 or show him the door, Hossa = butt is sore as door already hit him on way out.

As for Mara, the Rangers would be stupid to trade him. He is already a better defensman then Souray. Has a great point shot, plays solid defense, contributes 35 - 50 points a year and comes chep at 3 mil. Malik can be traded for all I care but no one will take him unless they are doing a salary dump and he is used to asorb part of the contract ex. Leafs dump McCabe and his ridiculous contract and Malik is a throw in to cover cap space. (which I would vomit if this happened)

Lundqvist is a top 5 goalie in this league and should have been locked up before the free agent signings. He is the teams best player, followed by Drury then Jagr.

The Gomez signing could go either way, huge money for a second tier free agent. Hope he proves he is worth the cap hit as for 7.3 million the Rangers could pay a Prucha/ Shannahan/Avery/Bonk , a Handzus/Nagy combo, a Stuart/Priessing/Kozlov trio, or a Nylander/ York combo. Don't get me wrong as I am a Gomez fan, but for the money and term it scares me.

NYR has a very solid team. They don't need shoddy playes like Souray, they need to take care of their own (Lundqvist/ Shanny) and they will really have to watch the cap space with their last 2 supersigning and there super long terms.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 05:30 PM
bagh

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post

Lundqvist is a top 5 goalie in this league and should have been locked up before the free agent signings. He is the teams best player, followed by Drury then Jagr.
Um... sorry but Drury better than Jagr?

bagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 05:33 PM
lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
dawes will replace hossa in the line up...mark my words
I can see that happening actually.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 06:09 PM
thestaalera*

Mara for a 3rd rounder and you have a deal. Mara and Malik are insignificant compared to Staal.

thestaalera* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 07:11 PM
PromNite
Dragon Ninja

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
Lundqvist= 4 - 6.5, Shanny =2 with incentives worth 2, Avery =2 - 2.5 or show him the door, Hossa = butt is sore as door already hit him on way out.

As for Mara, the Rangers would be stupid to trade him. He is already a better defensman then Souray. Has a great point shot, plays solid defense, contributes 35 - 50 points a year and comes chep at 3 mil. Malik can be traded for all I care but no one will take him unless they are doing a salary dump and he is used to asorb part of the contract ex. Leafs dump McCabe and his ridiculous contract and Malik is a throw in to cover cap space. (which I would vomit if this happened)

The Gomez signing could go either way, huge money for a second tier free agent. Hope he proves he is worth the cap hit as for 7.3 million the Rangers could pay a Prucha/ Shannahan/Avery/Bonk , a Handzus/Nagy combo, a Stuart/Priessing/Kozlov trio, or a Nylander/ York combo. Don't get me wrong as I am a Gomez fan, but for the money and term it scares me.

NYR has a very solid team. They don't need shoddy playes like Souray, they need to take care of their own (Lundqvist/ Shanny) and they will really have to watch the cap space with their last 2 supersigning and there super long terms.
Drury is not... I repeat not better that Jagr. Seriously, guarantee if you asked the guy himself about it, he would laugh.

And a lot of people are undervaluing Cullen here. Gomez, Drury in the #1 and 2. Amazing.

Cullen, a #3 by nature with blazing speed playing exactly where he needs to be.

And Betts, regarded as one of the best 4th line centers in the league to finish it out. Fellows, the Rangers are stacked up the middle, I don't want to lose Cullen.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Renney=Savior*

Hard to compare Drury to Jagr when they play different positions. ***?

Renney=Savior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 08:00 PM
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renney=Savior View Post
Hard to compare Drury to Jagr when they play different positions. ***?
SORRY, I should clarify myself. Right now if the Rangers had to give up one of Drury or Jagr I would nominate Jagr to go. Drury and Gomez are now the face of the Rangers offence in the future and will be there in the future. Jagr when on his game is one of the best offensive forces in the game, when he is not he can be, well Jagrish. He has this year and next year left and then he may be gone and will take Straka with him, we can not build the team around him. If he is still productive a stays an extra year, that is a bonus the Rangers would love to take.

The Rangers strength for the next decade looks to be their goaltending and defence. With Lundqvist in net, Montoya in waiting this area looks very solid. The defence already consists of youngsters in Tyutin, Girardi, and now Staal, which in couple years make up 3 top 4 defenceman. They have a nice prospect list with Sanguinetti and Baranka leading the defencive charge.

In Drury and Gomez we have 2 top centers to help bring along the Prucha's, Cherpanov's and well we don't have a lot of top talent after that. This team will have a skilled Gomez line and a Drury led talented yet gritty line to go along with the stellar goaltending and defence. Thats why I think Drury is better to the team at this point then Jagr and maybe should have worded it a bit different in my first post.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 11:06 PM
jacko23
KCCO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Not familiar with Richmond, therefore he isnt a good pickup for the Rangers for Mara.

Mara does make 3 Mil, but he was considered a very good pickup by Sather at the end of last year for Ward.

I think the Rangers are gonna stick with him. He is a pretty decent defender and fit in nicely last year.
i live VA beach, so i go to norfolk admirals games regularly. danny richmond in my opinion is a career AHL'er. nothing worth bragging about. below average speed, ok hands, but i have seen him hit a few big goals. but still "no" on the trade. mention seabrook, and ill think about it

jacko23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 11:14 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by signlundqvist View Post
Mara for a 3rd rounder and you have a deal. Mara and Malik are insignificant compared to Staal.
id rather deal Malik than Mara. Even though Mara is more expensive he brings more to the table than Malik. Mara can help the PP and can set up plays.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 11:41 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkOnEStreet View Post
I think you are off on Avery. I think he'll get around 2 on the LOW end.
Not sure what you are basing that off of, because his only comparables have better track records of production.

Tucker has played less games than Avery over the last 3 years and has more points.

Mike Fisher has also played less games over the last 3 years and he has more points.

Not sure who you can use as a fair comparable that would garner a low end of 2 million for Avery.

I'm not sure that he's in a good position here. He actually may lose the case which may sour him on NY

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote