HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eagles 2007

Old
07-09-2007, 03:29 PM
flyersfan64*

vCash: 500
Eagles 2007

Well the eagles are starting to start camps. What is everyones prediction of the season??

I personally think it depends on the health of mcnabb and westbrook. The only mistake this ofseason was trading 1st round pick to comboys so they could take a defensive end, Anthony Spencer, who will be a stud. Then the cowboys traded their pick and got clevlends 1st next year (proball top 10)

Eagles got- 2nd, 3rd, 5th round pick
Cowboys get- Anthony spencer, Clevlands first next year(darren mcfadden)
Browns- Brady quinn

we got the short end. we should have gone for the coboys 1st next year or not traded with them

flyersfan64* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 03:33 PM
hockeystud938

winning the superbowl thats whats up

hockeystud938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 03:44 PM
shamski7

Send a message via AIM to shamski7
yeah dallas definitley made out with that trade with the browns. im predicting 11-5, nfc championship game and we get our hearts broken again. pats win it all... i know im going out on a limb but i dont see how they lose.

shamski7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 03:54 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan64 View Post
Well the eagles are starting to start camps. What is everyones prediction of the season??

I personally think it depends on the health of mcnabb and westbrook. The only mistake this ofseason was trading 1st round pick to comboys so they could take a defensive end, Anthony Spencer, who will be a stud. Then the cowboys traded their pick and got clevlends 1st next year (proball top 10)

Eagles got- 2nd, 3rd, 5th round pick
Cowboys get- Anthony spencer, Clevlands first next year(darren mcfadden)
Browns- Brady quinn

we got the short end. we should have gone for the coboys 1st next year or not traded with them
Your really going out on limb. I hope they miss they playoffs. I despise the eagles, the only phila team I have never liked. I actually feel joy when they lose. How can a team that ahs never won squat have a fight song? I hope I am never around to see this team win a super bowl. There is my rant of the day.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 03:57 PM
flyersfan64*

ok thats ur opinion. what football team do u like or do u just hate football in general

Old
07-09-2007, 04:09 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Your really going out on limb. I hope they miss they playoffs. I despise the eagles, the only phila team I have never liked. I actually feel joy when they lose. How can a team that ahs never won squat have a fight song? I hope I am never around to see this team win a super bowl. There is my rant of the day.
I like the Eagles and yet I enjoy when they lose. Oh man, I love it when everyone who calls into WIP wants to jump off the bridge.

I am a Saints fan too, have been for about 14 years yet I don't enjoy when they lose (I don't live in a town with cynical Saints fans). I loved parading around in my Saints hat for that next week.

And when the Saints lost, well it sucked, but I still loved the rebuttals I got:

Q: HAHAHA the Saints lost - TO THE BEARS. What happened?
A: The Eagles were watching that game, right?

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 04:37 PM
McNasty

McNabb is overrated, the only reason they made the playoffs is because Reid finally used Westbrook. If Reid uses a playbook instead of that coloring book with the word PASS scribled all over it they are definitely a playoff team. Cowboys will press them hard for the division, but for the sake of me hating the Eagles with every bone in my body i'm going to predict 8-7-1

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 04:38 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Yea the Eagles are hopeless as is all the other Philly teams, except the Flyers. I am a Colts fan per say, and before anyone jumps to the front-runner conclusions, I have been a Colts fan for 5 years now. Eagles havent done much in the offseason. I know Takeo Spikes and Montae Reagor were good, you never know after both of them went down for season ending injuries last year. If the Eagles want to get better they will have to get a big name WR and better linebackers. Trotter is not the same as he used to and we still have yet to see what Takeo will do. A better tight end would improve the offense much.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 05:15 PM
BringBackStevens

It's the Eagles division to lose, yet again.

I'm exited to see Takeo Spikes in Eagles green

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 05:19 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
i'll say 11-5, get one of the wild cards, and lose in the second round.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 05:24 PM
flyersfan64*

Same thing as normal. We need a #1 receiver. Mcnabb overrated. We want garcia.

We have receivers in brown curtis smith and baskett. If u want a #1 look at westbrook. I dont know how much of a better tight end u want other than gonzalez heap and gates. We have potential in line backers. GFocong, gathier,spikes and trotter(after a good offseason.) we just need to see what this group can do. we have one of if not the best line in football. we have depth almost anywhere. we got a short yardage back(tony hunt)

Old
07-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Amateur Hour

It all depends on McNabb's health. I hope Andy continues to let Marty call the plays and that there's a 50/50 run/pass ratio; the offense was even more dangerous last season with a balanced attack, which is normally the case when a defense has to defend against both the pass and run, and not just one or the other. If Brian Westbrook isn't getting at least 20 touches per game, every offensive coach should be fired on the spot... he's the best player on the team, give him the ****ing ball, if for no other reason than to take pressure of McNabb and his surgically repaired ACL. In all seriousness, though, I have no doubt the offense will be explosive and top 5 in the league.

The defense, on the other hand, concerns me... lots of question marks all around. The LB core, while being the deepest it's been in years, will be starting two 30+ players with injury history, one of whom (Trotter) looked downright awful the second half of last year. Let's pray Trotter bounces back. Spikes looked good for Buffalo last season after coming off an Achilles injury, let's hope he can stay healthy and build off that success... even if he doesn't regain his dominating form, a healthy Takeo Spikes is going to make our LB corps that much stronger. As for SLB, I expect Stewart Bradley to beat out Chris Gocong for the starting spot by the end of pre-season... I've been saying it since the draft. Bradley's a beast of a human being (6'4 255 lbs) and a true SLB, having played the position on a very good Nebraska defense for 3 years. I was really high on the kid going into the draft and was ecstatic when the Eagles picked him.

The DL: Will Jevon Kearse be healthy and fully recovered from the knee injury that should have never even had the chance to happen (still bitter about that flop against the Giants in Week 2... Kearse was on pace for a Pro Bowl season)? Will Darren Howard show up if Kearse isn't 100% healthy? Can Cole become an everydown DE? Can Juqua Thomas duplicate last season's success? What about the DTs? Will Bunkley prove he's a player and not the draft bust people feared at the end of last season? What about Mike Patterson? Again, lots of question marks.

The secondary is still solid at the corners, but I'm concerned about the Nickel package... can Will James stay healthy? Will an aging Dawk lose a step? How will Considine perform in his first season as a full-time starter?

Lots of questions...

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Should of traded McNabb for a #1 reciever.. and kept Garcia. I'd be much more confident with a #1 reciever along with Garcia and Feeley rather than McNabb and nothing.

11-5.. If McNabb gets injured and Feeley handles the snaps.
9-7.. if McNabb plays the full season.

Feeley > McNabb

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Did they not win a Superbowl in the 60s?

Old
07-09-2007, 06:39 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Did they not win a Superbowl in the 60s?
They won NFL Champsionships (before the days of the Super Bowl) in 1948, 1949, and 1960.

Anyway, do people really have problems with their wide receiving corps? Kevin Curtis and Reggie Brown are a fantastic top pair to have. You don't need superstars out there, you just need guys that will run their routes properly and catch the ball. With the proper playcalling, McNabb not rushing back from injury, and good health around the rest of the team, this is easily a top five offense in the league like 9teen7ty5 said. To go with that, as long as the playcalling is done properly, their defense will be much improved from last year since they won't be on the field for 40 minutes a game. I don't know why people don't get it, but the Eagles are right there with Chicago as the teams to beat in the NFC.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 06:51 PM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
When I get hungry I go to McDonalds and order the McNabb sandwich...

The guy behind the counter then either throws it 2 feet in front of me or to the guy behind me.

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 07:29 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:

Feeley > McNabb
I hate how much crap McNabb takes. One of the 5 best players in Eagles history and most people here think he's dirt. I just don't get it.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 07:41 PM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
I hate how much crap McNabb takes. One of the 5 best players in Eagles history and most people here think he's dirt. I just don't get it.
2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005?

Correct me if my years are off but you get the point.

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Should of traded McNabb for a #1 reciever.. and kept Garcia. I'd be much more confident with a #1 reciever along with Garcia and Feeley rather than McNabb and nothing.

11-5.. If McNabb gets injured and Feeley handles the snaps.
9-7.. if McNabb plays the full season.

Feeley > McNabb
This statement is untrue... and quite foolish. Really, enough already. There's a reason A.J. Feeley couldn't stick as a starter in Miami and got cut by San Diego; he does well in the Eagles' system, but he's still nothing more than a capable backup QB, which is still very important, given all the injuries that happen in football.

Old
07-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by markzab View Post

Yeah, you're right. Personally, I prefer the days of Ty Detmer, Bobby Hoying, Rodney Peete, and co.

Old
07-09-2007, 08:11 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan64 View Post
ok thats ur opinion. what football team do u like or do u just hate football in general
love football, especially college, cant wait nothing like a 48 hour drinking binge gambling and watching football. follow the raiders and they suck but what can you do. have liked them sicne i started watching football in 79. dallas, steelers and raiders were always on tv it seemed so i started to like them.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 08:12 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Oh god, it's impossible to watch and Eagles game with my step dad. He doesn't like McNabb because of...certain things that I don't want to get involved with talking about here, but he firmly believes that he is a loser. McNabb has the 4th highest winning percentage in the history of the game. My brother keeps telling him that he's seen more Eagles playoff games in the last 6 years than the previous 30 or so that he's been alive.

For some reason, the Eagles thing AJ Feeley is something great, and the fact of the matter is that he blows.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 08:48 PM
i am dave

I am feeling very very pessimistic about the Eagles this coming season. 8-8 at best unfortunately.

And yes, AJ Feeley blows. Blows real bad.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 09:42 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by markzab View Post

Dude seriously?

Before McNabb this team hadn't even SNIFFED playoffs? Maybe once every 10 years we'd actually get in the show only to bow out in the 1st or 2nd round?

McNabb took this team to the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME with CHARLES JOHNSON and TORRANCE SMALL as his receivers. Those guys are No.4's on any team with a decent offense. McNabb put this team on his back many times and took them as far as he could. And in this league, you can't win championships when CHAD JOHNSON is the main playmaker on offense.

Joe Banner gets all the credit, but McNabb is the one who took this team to the playoffs and eventually the Super Bowl. Then, when Westbrook finally starts developing, they do make the SB (note that they did that without TO in the playoffs).

Anyone who bashes McNabb for his SuperBowl performance obviously didn't see the 1st half of that game. The O-line got absolutely manhandled and McNabb was taking shot, after shot, after shot, after shot. I mean honestly, it's no wonder he was so beat up. The Eagles O-line has sucked at pass protection for a long time because the Eagles have been such a blatantly pass-first offense. The Pats looked pass all the way and McNabb got savaged because of it.

Also I'd like to note that the Pats D held the COLTS to 3 points in the playoffs that year. The Pats also blew out the Steelers who had been everyone's popular pick. So for McNabb to put up 21 points on that team despite being manhandled is quite an accomplishment.

I'll be a big Donovan fan until the day he retires. He's a class act and the fact that many fans side with a whining little ***** like TO shows how stupid many Philadelphia fans really are.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 10:03 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

I don't think McNabb is as bad as all the haters, I just don't believe he's one of the best like other people claim. I feel McNabb is a middle of the pack starter, who is treated like a god or a bum.

I think he's a capable guy, but the injury bug hits him far to often, and I think he could be dealt for some really good pieces. We do have a good top pairing, but getting a real top guy just makes the team that much better.

As for the Feeley comments, I guess I haven't seen enough of him to know. I absolutely hate football (even though I played).. aside from the Eagles, so I wasn't aware of how bad he was on the other teams. I've only seen him as an Eagles player, and how well he has done. Sorry about my mistake.

Still, I firmly believe, the Eagles would be a far better team if McNabb was dealt for some pieces, due mostly to the injury bug. Garcia should of been brought back as well.