HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

Stars sign Fedoruk :(

Old
07-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Mike Modano

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Mike Modano Send a message via AIM to Mike Modano Send a message via MSN to Mike Modano Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Modano
Stars sign Fedoruk :(

FRISCO, Tex. -- Dallas Stars General Manager Doug Armstrong announced today that the club has signed left wing Todd Fedoruk to a one-year deal ($875,000) for the 2007-08 season.

"Todd adds the elements of size and toughness to our hockey club," said Armstrong. "We expect our fans to enjoy his style of play and we look forward to his contributions to the Dallas Stars in 2007-08."

Fedoruk, 28, appeared in 58 total games last season with the Anaheim Ducks and the Philadelphia Flyers, registering three goals and 11 assists for 14 points with 120 penalty minutes. The Redwater, Alberta, native ranked second on the Flyers in penalty minutes after being acquired by Philadelphia in exchange for a fourth round pick on Nov. 13, 2006.

The 6-2, 241-pound left wing was originally drafted by the Flyers in the seventh round (164th overall) in the 1997 NHL Entry Draft. Over parts of six NHL seasons, Fedoruk has appeared in 354 career games and collected 17 goals and 48 assists for 65 points with 785 penalty minutes. In 19 career playoff games, he is scoreless with 38 penalty minutes.

Acquired by Anaheim from Philadelphia on July 29, 2005 in exchange for a second round draft pick in 2005, Fedoruk produced career-highs in goals (4), assists (19), points (23), penalty minutes (174) and plus/minus (+6) in 2005-06 with the Ducks. A member of the Philadelphia Phantoms' AHL Calder Cup Championship team in 2005, he played in 16 playoff games, earning four points (2-2-4) with 33 penalty minutes.

BLEGH

Mike Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 04:01 PM
XX
... Waiting

Are you kidding me? You don't want the Fridge on your team? He's a great team guy and plays hard. He can ride shotgun for younger kids like he did in Anaheim.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Mike Modano

Send a message via ICQ to Mike Modano Send a message via AIM to Mike Modano Send a message via MSN to Mike Modano Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Modano
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
Are you kidding me? You don't want the Fridge on your team? He's a great team guy and plays hard. He can ride shotgun for younger kids like he did in Anaheim.
Don't get me wrong, I like him as a player, but unless we're not preparing for a trade, this signing is pretty much a dumb one

Old
07-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
it doesn't make any sense....

right now we have at forward:
Modano, Lehtinen, Hagman, Morrow, Halpern, Barnes, Winchester, Barch, Ott, Fedoruk on one-way contracts = 10

+ RFAs Ribeiro und Miettinen heading for arbitration (would be also one-way) = 12

+ the RFAs Jokinen and Lundqvist (who wants a one-way or he stays in europe) = 14

+ Eriksson should also on the team = 15 (i personally think Lessard too, but well... )

Walzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Chad_

It makes no sense in terms of not just depth at forward, but the roles those players play. Now the team has at least four guys (Fedoruk, Barch, Ott, Winchester) they want to be bangers and a fifth (Miettinen) who's only good in that type of a role.

On Fedoruk though, he's a quality player.

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 04:29 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
The problem is that his brains got scrambled last year and his head has the consistency of oatmeal.

Excellent team guy though.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 04:41 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walzy View Post
it doesn't make any sense....

right now we have at forward:
Modano, Lehtinen, Hagman, Morrow, Halpern, Barnes, Winchester, Barch, Ott, Fedoruk on one-way contracts = 10

+ RFAs Ribeiro und Miettinen heading for arbitration (would be also one-way) = 12

+ the RFAs Jokinen and Lundqvist (who wants a one-way or he stays in europe) = 14

+ Eriksson should also on the team = 15 (i personally think Lessard too, but well... )
yeah it really just doesnt make any sense. Does this mean eriksson is in the minors and miettinen is a goner? Are all our healthy scratches gonna be fighters? I dont understand the logic between having 4 guys who will take similar roles.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 04:47 PM
Mike Modano

Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
yeah it really just doesnt make any sense. Does this mean eriksson is in the minors and miettinen is a goner? Are all our healthy scratches gonna be fighters? I dont understand the logic between having 4 guys who will take similar roles.
the only logic behind this is a trade of one of those guys....prolly one with the most upside, packaged with another player and a pick or anything like that. let's just hope that's the case. btw, I just heard on the Stars boards that Eklund said the Stars are talking to the Habs.....remember Ribeiro pray pray pray (Ryder)

Old
07-09-2007, 05:03 PM
OttMorrow

Send a message via AIM to OttMorrow
This is even more indication that Ott is on his way out and it makes a lot of sense to me. We are in quite possibly the toughest division physically in the league. With 24 games coming against big, tough, divisional teams in Anaheim, San Jose, and LA, we needed to beef up. Phoenix too is pretty rough and tumble. I like the move...low risk and serves a purpose.

OttMorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Pillard32

Armstrong can't be completely insane. A trade has to be coming.

Pillard32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
cool down guys...
it someone thinks he has to troll our board, i'll do my job, but please stop insulting

Old
07-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
I don't mind this signing all that much, provided DA's got a deal involving Steve Ott and/or Miettinen. Anything to de-clog our grinder depth we now have.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 06:07 PM
c-carp

I think this is a good signing for the Stars. He upgrades your toughness a ton over a guy like Barch and he can play a bit.

c-carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 07:00 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?

vCash: 27750
It's not like Barch is going anywhere. He's on a 1 way also and he can't have any trade value. Armstrong is determined not to let any of the kids play. I understand the idea behind getting bigger to play against Anaheim and SJ .. but I mean, the skill levels aren't even close.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Ruutu15

Let's re sign Barnaby!!
We would have almost 2 complete lines that no one would want to play against, although they would really suck.

Anyways, with this trade hopefully soon we can see an end to the sinking ship that is ott and mittens 9 ft wide shots.

Ruutu15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruutu15 View Post
Let's re sign Barnaby!!
We would have almost 2 complete lines that no one would want to play against, although they would really suck.

Anyways, with this trade hopefully soon we can see an end to the sinking ship that is ott and mittens 9 ft wide shots.
They're not gone yet.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 08:15 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Fedoruk is a stand up guy, but he is one punch away from a career ending concussion.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Walzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Fedoruk is a stand up guy, but he is one punch away from a career ending concussion.
sure, but we can could use this phrase nearly for every guy/girl playing hockey around the world

Old
07-09-2007, 08:47 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Confusing, to say the least.

He will not be a good enforcer, and I can't understand how he could be a good trading chip.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 09:20 PM
OttMorrow

Send a message via AIM to OttMorrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
It's not like Barch is going anywhere. He's on a 1 way also and he can't have any trade value. Armstrong is determined not to let any of the kids play. I understand the idea behind getting bigger to play against Anaheim and SJ .. but I mean, the skill levels aren't even close.
Fedoruk, Barch, Ott and the sort will all play on the 4th line if they play at all and we don't want any prospects on the 4th line getting 6 minutes/game anyway. So I don't see why your worried about the kids not playing. Any kid worth playing is gonna crack the 3rd line or better.

OttMorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 10:49 PM
michael117

Yeah, a trade is definitely in the works. Montreal seems likely because of the good relations Armstrong and Gainey are on from working together and the trade last year. Ryder would be nice. What would seem like a reasonable looking trade that would go down? What Stars players? Would the Stars just get Ryder or maybe another player or pick?

michael117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Starsdude

Maybe Ott and Jokinin for Ryder-I have to assume 2 players off the roster will be traded. Personally if we were going to get tougher I would have preferred it on d with Daley or Robidas going the other way. Trading Jokinin is dumb but he is best at #2 center where Ribs is and Jokinin likely has more trade value. Additionally in 2 years I hope Pertuu can take over there

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 11:47 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

vCash: 1425
bye bye Ott

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 11:49 PM
Stars-Preds

Seems like some type of trade is in the works (likely involving Ott and/or Miettinen). I can't imagine either of those two have very much value though.

Stars-Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Svensken

I want George Laraque

Svensken is offline   Reply With Quote