HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interview with Alexei Cherepanov - Translated

Old
07-10-2007, 10:42 AM
MidnightRanger

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.c...shirtbulletin/

Looks like hes gonna stay. At least for now.
Whats he gonna say?

Yeah I have a 2 year contract with Omsk, the season will start soon and I am already saying I am gone after it. Yeah, like he needs that in the season where EVERYONE will be watching him.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 11:15 AM
RussianProspects

BTW - I would greately appreciate it that, if you enjoyed reading the interiew, you would please click on some of the Google ads on RP. It would really help support my efforts to provide the content and help us keep the site running. Thanks in advance for your support!

RussianProspects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 11:17 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
one thing the Rangers changed about their policy was that they werent going to rush players into the NHL, hoping they would make their own way. the team is committed to letting this kid play and develop for another year in Russia and then talking to him about coming over the NA to play in the A or if hes good enough in NYC

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 11:21 AM
dank

no need to rush. we don't need to bring our shiny new toy over ASAP, especially since he's playing in a serious men's league..

sounds like a good kid though.. i got myself a nice Cherepanov Omsk jersey coming over in the post..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 11:29 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Jay Grossman

Quote:
According to Cherepanov's agent, Jay Grossman, the Rangers wound up benefiting from league-wide fears that were unfounded. Contrary to popular belief, Grossman told the Daily News that Cherepanov not only will be permitted to leave his Russian team to play for the Rangers next season but that an agreement to that effect already is in place.

"In this case, we have an agreement with the club (Omsk) and Alexei has an agreement with the club that they will allow him to come over here after (the 2007-08) season," Grossman said yesterday morning at Nationwide Arena before Rounds 2 through 7 of the NHL draft
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...sian_over.html

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Muscle Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoritystorm
Yeah I have a 2 year contract with Omsk, the season will start soon and I am already saying I am gone after it. Yeah, like he needs that in the season where EVERYONE will be watching him.
I think it was just bad interview, earlier Cherepanov said that he will play in the RSL for 1 more year and go to the NHL.

Muscle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Muscle Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianProspects
BTW - I would greately appreciate it that, if you enjoyed reading the interiew, you would please click on some of the Google ads on RP. It would really help support my efforts to provide the content and help us keep the site running. Thanks in advance for your support!
Done

Quote:
Samovars. Russian Samovars

Reminds me "Bond. James Bond"

Muscle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Quote:
"In this case, we have an agreement with the club (Omsk) and Alexei has an agreement with the club that they will allow him to come over here after (the 2007-08) season," Grossman said yesterday morning at Nationwide Arena before Rounds 2 through 7 of the NHL draft.
Really looking forward to seeing this kid in camp next year...

Too much is going right for us this off season.... it is a bit eerie..

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 01:59 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianProspects View Post
Done, thanks for the great site Eugene

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 02:14 PM
RussianProspects

Thanks a lot guys - really appreciate your support! This really means a lot for the site.

RussianProspects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 04:26 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianProspects View Post
Done. Nice job with the site. I had to click the 'Russian dating' link just because it was there

I wouldn't mind if he stayed there another 2 years...as stacked as our offense is, we can wait for him...but at the same time, if we can get him over here by Opening Night 2008, that would be even better. I would rather he not come here yet though and get top line PT with Omsk.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 04:50 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Jay Grossman

According to Cherepanov's agent, Jay Grossman, the Rangers wound up benefiting from league-wide fears that were unfounded. Contrary to popular belief, Grossman told the Daily News that Cherepanov not only will be permitted to leave his Russian team to play for the Rangers next season but that an agreement to that effect already is in place.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...sian_over.html

i don't think there needs to be any formal agreement. AC wants to play his final year in his two year contract. after that, no contract! he's free to come over. he's said he would honor his contract and Omsk most likely recognizes that honor and will reward him by not causing any fuss when he leaves like the Moscow Dynamo did with Ovechkin. i also think another year in the RSL will benefit AC in a Calder Trophy bid. he also won't have to compete against the two Johnson defensemen this year.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2007, 07:08 AM
Sockosensei

From the article at the top of the thread:

Quote:
Avangard is coming out of the summer vacation on the 10th of July and there are only a few days left. How do you plan to spend these last few days?
Does this mean we'll be getting some new footage of the guy soon?

Sockosensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
i don't think there needs to be any formal agreement. AC wants to play his final year in his two year contract. after that, no contract! he's free to come over. he's said he would honor his contract and Omsk most likely recognizes that honor and will reward him by not causing any fuss when he leaves like the Moscow Dynamo did with Ovechkin. i also think another year in the RSL will benefit AC in a Calder Trophy bid. he also won't have to compete against the two Johnson defensemen this year.
I'm pretty sure he has two years left on his contract, meaning he'd be free to leave with no complications in time for the '09-10 season.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote