HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Izzy

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2003, 09:51 AM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
Izzy

It seems like we've been seeing a different Brad Isbister over the last few games, has he turned the corner or has he played this well in Pho/NY b4?

Old
12-31-2003, 10:22 AM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
It seems like we've been seeing a different Brad Isbister over the last few games, has he turned the corner or has he played this well in Pho/NY b4?
I get the feeling he doesn't want to move again. Perhaps more so from his hometown.

Old
12-31-2003, 10:28 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Agreed, he has looked great. He is cycling shooting and using his body. I still don't see Bertuzzi in his future but if he could become a 25 goal - 45 assist guy I would be more then happy He has the skills and the size for sure, and it looks like he is getting the heart now too

Old
12-31-2003, 10:36 AM
Oilhitch

Heres hoping that our budding power forward continues this type of play. He can really be a dominant player.

Old
12-31-2003, 10:38 AM
LawnDemon

i think izzy has been one of the best oilers of late. he is playing like he should. i'll agree that he'll never be a bertuzzi but so what? if he turned into bertuzzi he'd end up wearing NYR silks.

i'm hoping (and expecting) izzy can be a 25 goal - 25 assist guy that provides a solid physical presence. he's been that type of player for the last 5 - 8 games. frankly, i look forward to seeing him on the ice. i find myself watching the oilers just so i can see izzy, hemsky and YORKIE play. really, is there any other reason?

Old
12-31-2003, 10:52 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

I agree, Izzy can control the play whenever he feels like it, he has shown flashes of brilliance and unlike our other power forward, BG, Izzy knows that eventually he's got to direct the puck at the net. He has looked like a man possessed lately, and here's to hoping that he can do it consistency.

Old
12-31-2003, 11:45 AM
Obsessed

Fo shizzy Izzbizzy!!

Old
12-31-2003, 11:51 AM
momentai

Izzy better take a paycut after this season though. He still isn't worth nearly 2 million dollars.

Old
12-31-2003, 11:56 AM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
Izzy better take a paycut after this season though. He still isn't worth nearly 2 million dollars.
I think the next CBA will have 70% qualifying offers (I don't know the actual number, but minimum qualifying offers will be reduced). I think Izzy will get the minimum. Just speculation, but at this point, we have no idea what we have to pay Izzy on his next contract, and speculation is all we got.

Old
12-31-2003, 12:08 PM
Lowetide

He'd sure solve alot of problems if he can play like he has lately. Last night he was coming in with Oates on a 2 on 2 and they both played tentatively and the play fizzled. What might happen when he and Oates get used to each other is that Izzy can head to the net while Oates shoots the puck.

At least I hope so. With that size and his ability to go to the net when he wants to, 25 goals should be possible (as Lawn Demon mentioned).

Old
12-31-2003, 12:12 PM
speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage
I think the next CBA will have 70% qualifying offers (I don't know the actual number, but minimum qualifying offers will be reduced). I think Izzy will get the minimum. Just speculation, but at this point, we have no idea what we have to pay Izzy on his next contract, and speculation is all we got.
I'd be surprised if Isbister didn't sign his qualifier this summer, to take what he can while he can get it.

The only way he won't take his qualifier IMO is if he explodes in the 2nd half and then goes to arb instead.

Closed Thread