Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What happened to the New NHL

Old
07-10-2007, 08:02 AM
Starsdude

vCash: 500
What happened to the New NHL

Remember last year, we had to get faster quicker and guys like Sertich and Connor would be a part of the future. Now we need lines of guys like Ott, Barch Winchester and Fedorek. What's up? DA blows with the wind. I assume this will end badly again . Hopefully bad enough that we can be sellers at the deadline and begin a rebuild process that should have happened 3 years again.

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
no one expected Sertich or Conner to get some NHL games (like Conner) when they signed last summer...

i'm not sure about Winchester, but i doubt Ott/Fedoruk are slower than the average of the team (and team speed wasn't a big problem last season)

Walzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 10:10 AM
RattsSSV
Loyal to the Oil

vCash: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walzy View Post
no one expected Sertich or Conner to get some NHL games (like Conner) when they signed last summer...

i'm not sure about Winchester, but i doubt Ott/Fedoruk are slower than the average of the team (and team speed wasn't a big problem last season)
Winchester sucks. He played the minutes he did in Edmonton because he didn't have a two way contract. If he did, he would have been in the AHL two years ago.

RattsSSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 10:18 AM
dallas stars 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsdude View Post
Remember last year, we had to get faster quicker and guys like Sertich and Connor would be a part of the future. Now we need lines of guys like Ott, Barch Winchester and Fedorek. What's up? DA blows with the wind. I assume this will end badly again . Hopefully bad enough that we can be sellers at the deadline and begin a rebuild process that should have happened 3 years again.
I agee totally Walzy. DA needs to be relieved of his duties, before its too late. As I have said before over and over we need more goal scorers not 4th line enforcers. I can only hope that a big trade is coming and soon. Trade Ott, Miet and look for someone to help. Barch should be back in the minors again. Shanahan would be a nice fit, if he would leave the NYR.

dallas stars 1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
That wasn't Walzy, lol

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2007, 03:33 AM
Sandmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsdude View Post
My guess is the management has decided to replicate the Anaheim "toughness" approach that worked pretty well for them last season. One might say that their "toughness" aspect was trivial factor compared to the stars they had on D and great young forwards, but I think it did actually play a part in their success. Not only is this happening in Dallas, but other GMs seem to be adding more grit as well. It might work, it might not. If those guys you listed play well, they can be quite a spark, draw a lot of penalties, and chip in goals. Winchester can still improve, Ott's pretty fast, Fedoruk put up respectable numbers in Anaheim. Didn't Barch bring positive energy in his stint with the team last year? 3 goals (and+2 rating) in 26 games isn't too shabby for someone in that role. In a 82 game season that'd be roughly 10 goals, with the potential for more (or less of course). In other words, I think it's worth giving a look. If these guys do nothing good, take bad penalties, continually be defensive liabilities.....then it's a failed experiment. But, if I were in your shoes, I'd be excited about management that has realized the importance of a physical team. But to each his own, of course.

Sandmachine is offline   Reply With Quote