HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Great line by Jonesy

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2003, 06:49 PM
IronMarshal

vCash: 500
Great line by Jonesy

Did anyone catch Keith Jones' dis line to Coatsey? They were talking about the Fla. trip and Coatesy not wanting to miss the plane because he wanted to hit the beach.
Jonesy replied, "You had better watch out, Greenpeace will try to throw you in the water." LOL

Old
12-30-2003, 07:25 PM
easton122

Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
How about when he inferred that Brashear was good enough to play on the 1st PP Unit

Old
12-30-2003, 07:34 PM
blah

Against the Blues PK it's not that much of a stretch.

Old
12-31-2003, 04:44 AM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Against the Blues PK it's not that much of a stretch.
I could not believe how ticked the Blues were at the end because they thought we had the top PP unit on. Brash and Prims are not that and I thought Seidenberg was on too.
Servers them right for Drake and Weight taking runs - just wish someone had taking Weights head off last night.

Old
12-31-2003, 07:05 AM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
I could not believe how ticked the Blues were at the end because they thought we had the top PP unit on. Brash and Prims are not that and I thought Seidenberg was on too.
Servers them right for Drake and Weight taking runs - just wish someone had taking Weights head off last night.
On top of what you said, what would it matter if Hitch DID put the top powerplay unit on the ice? Do teams that get ***** slapped get to wear pink skirts and we're not aloud to humiliate them? Is there some rule I'm unaware of in the NHL that says "once you have blown a team out, go easy on them?" Just because the Blues stunk up their own joint doesn't mean the Flyers should go easy on them... point being, when a team is losing 3-0 or 4-0 and it's the closing minutes of the game do they go easy so that the goalie can get a shutout? Of course not, so why should a team that's winning 7-2 stop trying to score, not like the Blues stopped. I just think it's funny... but you know what's funnier? When big "tough" men stand behind glass and point hockey sticks... I'd like to see him do that on the ice lol

Old
12-31-2003, 07:15 AM
blah

lol they were bitter b/c they though Prims and Brash were our top PP unit? I thought they were out b/c Hitch expected the Blues to start the rough stuff.

Old
12-31-2003, 07:49 AM
capn89*

Quote:
lol they were bitter b/c they though Prims and Brash were our top PP unit? I thought they were out b/c Hitch expected the Blues to start the rough stuff.
That's probably WHY they were out, but the blues were probably too chicken to dance.

Old
12-31-2003, 08:23 AM
IronMarshal

In truth I think they were actually ticked that the Flyers sent a line with Brash and Preems out at the end of a dirty game, while the Flyers had extra players on the ice (power play 5 on 3 or 5 on 4 - I forget). The Blues had no shot at surviving a scuffle at that point, and I think that is what Mellanby was carping at. That said, after Weight's cheap shot, retribution was called for. One "gutless" move deserves another.

In the old days Glen Cochrane would have climbed into the Blues bench and beat Mellanby into pulp. Better yet, someone would have ended Weight's evening early and painfully (and that is how this should have been handled - get it Brash?).

Old
12-31-2003, 08:26 AM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMarshal
In the old days Glen Cochrane would have climbed into the Blues bench and beat Mellanby into pulp. Better yet, someone would have ended Weight's evening early and painfully (and that is how this should have been handled - get it Brash?).
Why do I get a mental picture, of old FLYER video running, with Springsteen singing Glory Days in the background???

Old
12-31-2003, 08:39 AM
blah

At the time Gagne was bowed the score was 3-1. It would've been stupid for Brash to either cancel the Weight penalty or give the Blues a PP.

Old
12-31-2003, 08:45 AM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
well, this is the type of game we needed the Flyers to play. they kicked the dog!@#t out of the Blues and scored 7 goals. Recchi was awsome again and Esche looked a helluva lot better than Hackett has been.

BTW, I missed the Fedurok fight, did he win?

Old
12-31-2003, 08:51 AM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerGuy69
BTW, I missed the Fedurok fight, did he win?
He won both fights.

Old
12-31-2003, 10:08 AM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerGuy69
and Esche looked a helluva lot better than Hackett has been.
While it's not hard to look better than Hack-job these days, Esche still looked pretty good, but was rarely tested by the St. Losers in all honesty.

Old
12-31-2003, 10:35 AM
Rex88

Quote:
In truth I think they were actually ticked that the Flyers sent a line with Brash and Preems out at the end of a dirty game, while the Flyers had extra players on the ice (power play 5 on 3 or 5 on 4 - I forget). The Blues had no shot at surviving a scuffle at that point, and I think that is what Mellanby was carping at. That said, after Weight's cheap shot, retribution was called for. One "gutless" move deserves another.

I agree Weight should have been run, much like Drake does every single game.

Old
12-31-2003, 10:36 AM
Rex88

Quote:
At the time Gagne was bowed the score was 3-1. It would've been stupid for Brash to either cancel the Weight penalty or give the Blues a PP.
But there was a ton of time to get them back and it was not done.

Old
12-31-2003, 11:25 AM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
But there was a ton of time to get them back and it was not done.
Didn't Justin Williams retaliate for the Gagne hit?

It should have been Brash or Fridge, but I actually liked the fact that Williams and Primeau wen't after one of their guys.

Old
12-31-2003, 12:50 PM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces
Didn't Justin Williams retaliate for the Gagne hit?

It should have been Brash or Fridge, but I actually liked the fact that Williams and Primeau wen't after one of their guys.
Williams gave Benton (sp?) a tap and them Prims tried to engage him but not much came except a couple of penalties - I wanted something done to one of thier good players for the run at Gags. Not that Brenton did not deserve a beating after the cheap shot at Weinrich's knees - that was terrible. Brash should have leveled Weight - take an elbow penalty and give it back to him.
If you think Messier would not have run someone for a hit to Kurri or Gretz back in the day, or even further with Schultz for Leach, you get the idea.

Last edited by Rex88: 12-31-2003 at 01:07 PM.
Old
12-31-2003, 03:57 PM
IronMarshal

Quote:
I agree Weight should have been run, much like Drake does every single game.

Run?

I want him beaten like an old pair of jeans.

I want him looking like a rag doll when he's carted off the ice.

Old Time Hockey!
Where's my video? Has anyone seen my video?

Old
12-31-2003, 03:59 PM
IronMarshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
Why do I get a mental picture, of old FLYER video running, with Springsteen singing Glory Days in the background???

Man, you do know me Baron

Old
12-31-2003, 07:39 PM
Rex88

Quote:
Run?

I want him beaten like an old pair of jeans.

I want him looking like a rag doll when he's carted off the ice.

Old Time Hockey!
Where's my video? Has anyone seen my video?
Take a run meaning an illegal number of strides at a guy without the puck - beating means that the other skirt would have to drop his gloves which would not happen - when has Weight entered into a fight?
THe only way to get back at shots like that is to hit him after he has delivered the puck elswhere and take a run at him. Nobody gets a beating unless they drop the gloves and he would not do that.

Closed Thread