HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Dogs game on the Score tomorrow

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2003, 06:25 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Dogs game on the Score tomorrow

Heads up Habs fans, the kids are on the score tomorrow as we take on the roadrunners.

Can't wait to see the new and improved Perezhogin.

Old
12-29-2003, 06:40 PM
Habsolument

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
Heads up Habs fans, the kids are on the score tomorrow as we take on the roadrunners.

are the XL lines going to be used. I absolutly want to see that and the kids too

Old
12-29-2003, 06:42 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan

They aren't on sportsnet? I don't get The Score..

Old
12-29-2003, 08:33 PM
penopekoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
They aren't on sportsnet? I don't get The Score..
Yes, the game will be on Sportsnet. I'm pretty sure, at least.

Old
12-30-2003, 03:07 AM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Originally Posted by penopekoo
Yes, the game will be on Sportsnet. I'm pretty sure, at least.

i thought it was also....but the schedule says they're showing the sens game?!?

Old
12-30-2003, 03:45 AM
Marchy79

Its on my tele on the Score channel... I'm gonna watch this one, gotta get some retribution after watching the Runners beat us on the tele last time I watched

GO DOGS GO!!!

Old
12-30-2003, 04:40 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

Not on sportsnet.

http://www.theahl.com/AHL/tv.html

Tue 30-Dec-03 7:00 pm ET Hamilton @ Toronto The Score

Old
12-30-2003, 05:00 AM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Does anybody know where I can find the Dogs' statistics? I recall there was a special website for AHL stats.

Old
12-30-2003, 05:20 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

Here ya go Max.

http://www.theahl.com/AHLStatistics0304/hamilton.html

Old
12-30-2003, 05:20 AM
StanleyCH25

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsFan
Does anybody know where I can find the Dogs' statistics? I recall there was a special website for AHL stats.
I usually use www.hockeydb.com or www.theahl.com

There might be a few other websites out there that others will put up shortly.

Old
12-30-2003, 05:35 AM
Stephan Lebeau

i'm gonna be at the game tonight
front row seats and free food

this will be my first bulldogs game. cant wait!

Old
12-30-2003, 08:28 AM
Duff88

The new lines are damn ugly

But Karl Dykhuis said that it's way better that way...

Old
12-30-2003, 09:09 AM
NWT Habs Fan

This is a bonus game for us, we all knew about the 4 games on Sportsnet over the season, but the Score is picking the occassional game now too!! I am glad to see the Score expanding its programming. Their Friday night (or whatever night that is that they show them) NCAA hockey games were great to see, and now some AHL action. Great stuff, and bonus in seeing our Dogs play!!

Old
12-30-2003, 11:21 AM
habfan4

Thanks for the head up Marc - I usually avoid the "Score" like the plague, so I would have missed the game if not for this thread.

Old
12-30-2003, 11:23 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4
Thanks for the head up Marc - I usually avoid the "Score" like the plague, so I would have missed the game if not for this thread.
wow... i`ll add it to my videotron.. switch for another channel i dont listen to... then switch back.. wont cost me a dime more.

Old
12-30-2003, 02:00 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
booya , i hope Perezhogin , Balej and Higgins will play great The game start in 3 mins ...

Old
12-30-2003, 02:32 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Balej is on fire, makes it 1-0 good guys. Balej 18(Plekanec)

Old
12-30-2003, 02:33 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Balej is on fire, makes it 1-0 good guys. Balej 18(Plekanec)
Sweet goal by Balej.

Old
12-30-2003, 02:48 PM
Wildbeliefs

This is my very first Bulldogs game... hope they win it.

I haven't been able to really watch particular players, since I don't know their numbers yet, but where's Hossa? Is he still slumping, because the only two times I noticed him is when he was dumping the puck...

A couple of nice plays by Plekanec, picking off Bergeron's pass and undressing the other D, and the other on the 3-1 PK rush.

Old
12-30-2003, 04:37 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Well the game just ended. 3-1 loss. The Roadrunners played the best game I ever saw them play.

A few thoughts I had while watching this game:

1- I'm so glad Traverse is not in the NHL anymore, but that's still not enough. I tend to notice coaches like to rely on experience rather than talent. That's what again happens with this talentless floater and Jarvis (or Julien and Juneau, etc.). Man is that Dman bad. Loan him to the ECHL for crying out loud. I don't want our prospects to learn ANYTHING from this horrible hockey player.

2- We're seeing a talentless Bouillon spill his heart and guts out in Montreal only to make costly mistakes after costly mistakes (always the same). Meanwhile, you got a guy like Hainsey creating all kind of things offensively, being by far the best Dman for the dogs. If you give me the choice, I call back Hainsey right away. An other guy like Komisarek who, even if he makes rookie mistakes, has nothing to learn anymore in the minors. He's not even challenged anymore, which IMO is a bad thing for developement.

3- Dykhuis... Again, a case of the coaching staff prefering relying on experience. I remember somebody saying at the begining of the dogs' season he was by far their best Dman. Well it's no longer the case, if it ever was. The guy takes bad decisions and lacks creativity. Hainsey and also Beauchemin for his physical dimension are leaps and bounds over him in my depth chart.

4- If you ask me to choose, for the future of the Habs, a 1-2 punch for the second line, between Ribeiro/Dagenais and Plekanec/Balej, I'll answer, to the disatisfaction of some here, the latter choice. I'm sorry but those guys bring so much more to a team than our one-dimensional Ribs/Dags combo. Plekanec is fast like crazy (playing on the PK, got a breakaway and two almost others). He plays a fiesty game while being responsible in his own zone, and displays the same kind of creativity and puckhandling skills Ribeiro has. Plus he's *so* much stronger on his skates, it's not even close. As for Balej: emotion and speed. Fiesty and competitive (beauty goal tonight again) and very good shot. I'd have no problem trading Ribs if he has some value and gamble on those two for the future (at least with Pleks). I can see Plekanec developing into a strong 2nd line center on a contender. I just can't say the same for little Mikey.

Last edited by Munchausen: 12-30-2003 at 09:10 PM.
Old
12-30-2003, 05:44 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Roadrunners win 3-1. Good goaltending and good team defence shut the Dogs down very effectively. Toronto seems to have the Dogs' number this season, as this is their 4th win in 6 tries. Also, the Dogs seem to have no luck on TV. Hopefully that changes as these two teams are back on Sportsnet again on Sunday afternoon.

BTW, great goal by Balej. He and Pleks looked really good out there tonight. I like how solid they looked out there together. This is the first time that I have really seen Balej play and I like his hustle and his great shot. Pleks is such a good stickhandler and playmaker out there. Perezhogin is starting to look comfortable out there. He is skilled and has a nose for the net. On D, Hainsey was the best out there hands down. He sees the ice well, good passes, and has really developed good confidence in his game it seems. Good skill in the farm!!!

Old
12-30-2003, 07:00 PM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
4- If you ask me to choose, for the future of the Habs, a 1-2 punch for the second line, between Ribeiro/Dagenais and Plekanec/Balej, I'll answer, to the disatisfaction of some here, the former choice. I'm sorry but those guys bring so much more to a team than our one-dimensional Ribs/Dags combo. Plekanec is fast like crazy (playing on the PK, got a breakaway and two almost others). He plays a fiesty game while being responsible in his own zone, and displays the same kind of creativity and puckhandling skills Ribeiro has. Plus he's *so* much stronger on his skates, it's not even close. As for Balej: emotion and speed. Fiesty and competitive (beauty goal tonight again) and very good shot. I'd have no problem trading Ribs if he has some value and gamble on those two for the future (at least with Pleks). I can see Plekanec developing into a strong 2nd line center on a contender. I just can't say the same for little Mikey.
FYI
Former: Being the first of two mentioned
Latter: Being the second of two persons or things mentioned

Old
12-30-2003, 07:00 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Balej had some chances on the PK , he used his speed relly well in the neutral zone tonight . The goal he scored was a beauty , him and Hainsey were really impressive . I agree with Munchausen about everything he said .

Old
12-30-2003, 08:30 PM
jcpenny

I saw the game and Hossa is pissin me off! He plays lik he doesnt want the puck. For some its a bad habit but i would like to see him hold on to the puck and try to make some plays for himself. However i liked his intensity and he did dished some hits and he was skating well.

Old
12-30-2003, 09:09 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerberos
FYI
Former: Being the first of two mentioned
Latter: Being the second of two persons or things mentioned
Yeah I know. I just had a brain cramp.

Closed Thread