Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Development/Conditioning Camp

Old
07-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Bulls guy

vCash: 500
Development/Conditioning Camp

I am not sure if this is open to the public or not but I am wondering does anyone have any info on the camp that is going on? If so who looks good from last years camp and who needs work?
Any info would be great.

Bulls guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 04:41 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

I went there yesterday. It was okay. Most of the kids weren't all that motivated. Either they weren't taking it all that serious or they had a late Sunday night, I don't know but it wasn't all that intense.

A few things that stood out though. Bobby Ryan looked real good, hands wise. Yes, his skating is still not great but it probably won't ever be. He skates fine when he's in full flight and moves well, it's just he doesn't have a great first step and isn't a graceful skater. But his hands are amazing and he was far and away the most talented kid on the ice. But like most of them out there, he wasn't trying all that hard. But than again most of the drills weren't real strenuous either.

The d-men looked good. Particularly Mitera and Salcido. Mitera moves a lot better than I expected and is real solid defensively. Salcido as well. Mikkelson and Festerling both looked good as well and should log some big minutes in Portland.

Coleman and Levassuer looked sharp too. Coleman is a big kid! He covers a lot of net and moves around pretty good. I can see why Burkie let McKee now.

TheJoeMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Ducks__Halos

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
I went there yesterday. It was okay. Most of the kids weren't all that motivated. Either they weren't taking it all that serious or they had a late Sunday night, I don't know but it wasn't all that intense.

A few things that stood out though. Bobby Ryan looked real good, hands wise. Yes, his skating is still not great but it probably won't ever be. He skates fine when he's in full flight and moves well, it's just he doesn't have a great first step and isn't a graceful skater. But his hands are amazing and he was far and away the most talented kid on the ice. But like most of them out there, he wasn't trying all that hard. But than again most of the drills weren't real strenuous either.

The d-men looked good. Particularly Mitera and Salcido. Mitera moves a lot better than I expected and is real solid defensively. Salcido as well. Mikkelson and Festerling both looked good as well and should log some big minutes in Portland.

Coleman and Levassuer looked sharp too. Coleman is a big kid! He covers a lot of net and moves around pretty good. I can see why Burkie let McKee now.
Thanks for the update. Good to here about Ryan and Mitera.

Were any of the newest draft picks there?

Ducks__Halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 06:22 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks__Halos View Post
Were any of the newest draft picks there?
Yep. MacMillan, Tangradi, Morrison, Macenauer, Kampfer, and Modig were there. None of them really impressed me. MacMillan was smaller than I was expecting. Whereas Bobby Bolt seems unable to stop growing. The kid is freaking huge.

Old
07-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Ducks__Halos

Do you have a schedule of the camp? I'd like to go watch for a day. I need to watch some form of hockey because the offseason's driving my crazy as usual.

Old
07-10-2007, 07:55 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

I think it ended today. In fact I think it ended two hours ago.

Old
07-10-2007, 08:35 PM
The Juice

I went Saturday and today, the drills today were more advanced then the first day. As someone said Mitera looked good and really he was the only person I wanted to see. De Gray looks better than last year when I saw him in the rookie tournament in which he looked very very average. Salcido and Beleskey looked improved, as well as more comfortable this time around. The first day I was looking at Mitera, but for the second day I found Ryan Dingle. Its scary how much he looks like AndyMac out there!!! Size, skating (stride wise) and his willingness to fight in the corner for his size, I'm not sure if anybody else feels the same way. Just to add for people that will bring up Ryan Shannon for the AndyMac comparison, I never once thought that Shannon played or can be like AndyMac. With Dingle there might be a chance, from the limited time I did see him today in drills his hands looked quite good and he picked a couple corners off of the goalie's. Wow I can't believe I wrote that much, just my rant of the day.

Cheers!

The Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 09:01 PM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 50
Thanks for the report! Promising news about Ryan Dingle. Hopefully another McNabb steal!

Ducksforcup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 11:24 PM
MOENing

Quote:
Where was it at?
Anaheim Ice ??

MOENing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2007, 12:23 AM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juice View Post
The first day I was looking at Mitera, but for the second day I found Ryan Dingle. Its scary how much he looks like AndyMac out there!!! Size, skating (stride wise) and his willingness to fight in the corner for his size, I'm not sure if anybody else feels the same way. Just to add for people that will bring up Ryan Shannon for the AndyMac comparison, I never once thought that Shannon played or can be like AndyMac. With Dingle there might be a chance, from the limited time I did see him today in drills his hands looked quite good and he picked a couple corners off of the goalie's.
He caught my eye too. I felt he was the only one really hustling yesterday. He's definitely a tenacious skater and I told myself this guy has third/ fourth liner written all over him. I'd say in a couple of years he'll be an NHL pro. Don't know if the dude has the hands of Mac but the wheels are very comparable.

Old
07-11-2007, 04:50 AM
Ducks__Halos

Quote:

Oh well, probably couldn't have gone anyway.

Thanks for the reports guys!

Old
07-11-2007, 05:36 AM
Randall Graves*

I watched Mitera a decent amount during the season and told you guys this dude was a horse defensively. If he had alot of offensive ability there is little doubt in my mind he would be talked about as one of the best prospects in the game period, he just does so many things well in his own end and he does have some offensive ability because he possesses a very nice shot.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2007, 08:39 AM
Bulls guy

Thanks for all the info and updates.

Bulls guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2007, 11:15 AM
Hockey Duckie

Yes, thanks for all of the info and update. I guess with Mitera progessing along with the other defensemen, the organization could go offensive first round and bypass Petrecki.

Hockey Duckie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2007, 12:44 AM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Was Sebastian Stefaniszin there? I'm interested in this kid

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2007, 12:48 AM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CircularTheory View Post
Was Sebastian Stefaniszin there? I'm interested in this kid
No, he wasn't there. The only '07 prospect that was not there.

I am interested in him though...I think it is cool that we have a German prospect now!

Last edited by Ducksforcup: 07-26-2007 at 01:01 AM.
Ducksforcup is online now   Reply With Quote