HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Flyers - New Book Releases

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2003, 06:37 PM
stanley

vCash: 500
Philadelphia Flyers - New Book Releases

Friends and Neighbors,
If you can't remember that Brian Dobbin used to wear #36 before he wore #18 (is that right?), or if you can't remember what a Brian Dobbin is used for (praying because it's tough when you're digging that deep), this might be for you.

I was wandering aimlessly in Barnes & Noble today and stumbled upon one of the two books in the attached page: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...H3&cds2Pid=946

I can't be sure if it was the first or second book listed (I wasn't interested at the time), but it was an oversized book and about three-quarters of an inch thick. All right, so that disqualifies about 90% of the board from having further interest...

Kidding! I'm KIDDING!

Has anybody checked out either?

Old
12-28-2003, 09:08 AM
kingjdv

Send a message via AIM to kingjdv
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley
Friends and Neighbors,
If you can't remember that Brian Dobbin used to wear #36 before he wore #18 (is that right?), or if you can't remember what a Brian Dobbin is used for (praying because it's tough when you're digging that deep), this might be for you.

I was wandering aimlessly in Barnes & Noble today and stumbled upon one of the two books in the attached page: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...H3&cds2Pid=946

I can't be sure if it was the first or second book listed (I wasn't interested at the time), but it was an oversized book and about three-quarters of an inch thick. All right, so that disqualifies about 90% of the board from having further interest...

Kidding! I'm KIDDING!

Has anybody checked out either?
Haven't picked up either book but they had the author of the Encyclopedia book on Comcast and the guy was amazing. The host, I think it was Sean Murphy, would call out a game number from a season in the 80's, and the guy could tell you the score and who scored the goals.

Old
12-30-2003, 09:08 PM
Quellet The Dogs Out

Yeah I saw that - the author was a guest on Peco Spotlight...ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.

You could give him any date within the last 20 years and he tell you the opponent and the score, maybe even more...

Old
12-30-2003, 10:37 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quellet The Dogs Out
Yeah I saw that - the author was a guest on Peco Spotlight...ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.

You could give him any date within the last 20 years and he tell you the opponent and the score, maybe even more...
I hate it when I do that.

Old
12-31-2003, 09:36 AM
IronMarshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
I hate it when I do that.
LOL!

Closed Thread