HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Manny Legace

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2003, 01:11 PM
Tbg1515

vCash: 500
Manny Legace

I know it wont happen, but being that Corey Shwab is becoming a liability with his groin, what would you say in dumping him or releasing him and maybe picking up Legace in a deal.

What about this

DET Gets: Ahonen, White, & 1st rounder
NJ Gets: Legace, & Scnieder/Dandenault

Old
12-31-2003, 01:22 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
There's an old expression which i detest to this day, but still applies here. "Don't dump out the baby with the bathwater". While its true that his health has been an ongoing concern this season, we still can't forget what he did for the Leafs when they lost their number one along with the Jennings season he most recently helped bring to NJ. Legace is definately a good one, but somehow I don't see him turning cartwheels over the premise of playing a game once a month behind Martin Brodeur the way Schwab can do with no reservations and no ill effects from all that time off. Safe to say Legace wants a true shot at being a number one at this point in his career as opposed to stepping further backwards into the shadows of obscurity. I think it was Jay Pandolfo in the papers recently who was totally blown away by Schwab's ability to come in stone cold and pull a Tommy Albelin he shoots he scores on his first shift kinda gamer mentality. Consistency wise, Corey Schwab for my money was the best backup in the NHL last season despite the obvious lack of numerous starts.

Last edited by Unthinkable: 12-31-2003 at 01:25 PM.

Closed Thread