Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jim Lites Assures us

Old
07-11-2007, 07:30 PM
michael117

vCash: 500
I too didn't mind the Norstrom deal so much when the playoffs went on because I thought he played pretty well.

I think this is wise of the Stars to do and not even be so anxious to make a trade now. I think our lack of hockey during the Summer gets us giddy about possibilities and more critical. Also, people get a little happy with overpayment around July and more desperate to fix a problem or make a move during the season. This could work to the Stars advantage. Not if they decide to deal with NJ because DA will inevitably get fleeced by Lou. I like the talk of Ryder coming over from Montreal. He is still young and could definitely be helpful to a future Stars team minus Modano, Zubov, and Lehtinen.

michael117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Chad_

Forget it.

Last edited by Chad_: 07-11-2007 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Doesn't matter
Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2007, 08:48 PM
User Name
Registered User Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_ View Post
How is that creative accounting?

RFAs: Ribeiro ($3 million), Jokinen ($1 million), Lundqvist and Miettinen ($1 million)

That's $5 million figured rather conservatively. It's wise to budget more than that $5 million figure. The Stars have done that, and the $2 million wiggle room is for call-ups and trades. It's how most teams operate either at the NHL mandated cap or a self-imposed cap.
The site that said 12M yesterday says 13.6M cap room left today after paying 1.35M to the new guys.

The numbers seem flexible depending on who's talking.

The cap increased 6M and the team shed 2M with Sydor signing elsewhere, seems like they had 8M...

User Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2007, 09:03 PM
dontyouhatepants

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
The site that said 12M yesterday says 13.6M cap room left today after paying 1.35M to the new guys.

The cap increased 6M and the team shed 2M with Sydor signing elsewhere, seems like they had 8M...

Are you remembering BG's buyout?

because right now I see 10M with four RFAs to sign........4 million seems right to me.

dontyouhatepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2007, 12:20 AM
The Frugal Gourmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name View Post

This site has a more accurate salary cap gauge:

http://www.andrewsstarspage.com/Prem...p-tracker.htm?

Andrew's has actually always been extremely accurate with the Stars own interpretation of their cap situation.

As you can see, it lists $6 million less cap space than the other site (it's just more complete) -- leaving $4million. The other site, however, emits minimum values for players that are scheduled to re-sign.

Last edited by The Frugal Gourmet: 07-13-2007 at 12:26 AM.
The Frugal Gourmet is offline   Reply With Quote