HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs @ Stars - 8:30 ET - Saku Seeing Stars

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2003, 05:40 PM
Craig52Rivet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
Yes, he's playing. He's wearing #35.

Summarize?

Let's see... Defense, defense, defense, Stars score, defense, defense, defense. There have been about 10 shots on goal for the Habs :| They are really missing Koivu out there.
Oh ****... no Koivu? Is he concussed from that dirty hit last game?

Old
12-31-2003, 05:46 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig52Rivet
Oh ****... no Koivu? Is he concussed from that dirty hit last game?
Yeah, it was confirmed earlier today. Both Koivu and Gratton have concussion. That means that Koivu won't be in the lineup for atleast next two games as well. Even if he's feeling good, NHL rules say that a player can't come back within a week after recovering of concussion.

This game will end 1-0 for the Stars.. Turco lost a puck and it stopped behind him but never crossed the line. And now Habs just hit the post with 2 minutes to play.

Shots: 15 to 16 for the Stars.

Old
12-31-2003, 05:46 PM
HCH

Plekanec is working hard out there... he's playing both ends of the rink, digging in the corners and outmuscling some guys for the puck. Looks good to me.

Perreault looks.... never mind, I've already said what I think of his play.

Old
12-31-2003, 05:49 PM
Vicious

Holy ****!! Nevermind the shutout.. Sundstrom just scored with 1 minute left on the clock :O

Old
12-31-2003, 05:55 PM
Craig52Rivet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzIsLife
Ooh Yeaaaaaah Baby Ooh Yeah Go Habs Go Habs Go Habs Go Habs
yeeeeaaah!!

somebody give me details!

Old
12-31-2003, 05:57 PM
Vicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig52Rivet
yeeeeaaah!!

somebody give me details!
Sundstrom pushed the puck in the net.. Nothing spectacular, really. Few minutes to go in OT.

Old
12-31-2003, 05:59 PM
Vicious

Quote:
Sundstrom pushed the puck in the net.. Nothing spectacular, really. Few minutes to go in OT.

Stars are going on the powerplay with a minute to go.. Souray is in the box.

Crap.. Quintal will be on the ice again.. with Perreault and Bouillon. Is he TRYING to lose?

And it's over.. 1-1 tie.

Old
12-31-2003, 06:00 PM
Craig52Rivet

Quote:
this is why i rely on my HFBoards comrades for updates instead of espn.com when I can't watch the game.. right now they're reporting that each team has -1 score in OT

Old
12-31-2003, 06:00 PM
goalchenyuk

what a decision by Julien ; with 1 minut left he played Juneau, Dackel and Sundstrom and the line scored....

overtime ,last minute ; pp for dallas

final ; 1-1

Old
12-31-2003, 06:04 PM
HCH

Good strategy by Julien in OT... Perreault took the draw and went to the bench for Juneau as soon as the puck cleared the Mtl zone.

It was a nice face-off win by Perreault but the rest of his game is weak. He can't skate, stickhandle or pass... and he won't get his nose dirty.

No wonder Balej has so many points playing in Hamilton... he gets to play with Plekanec.

Old
12-31-2003, 06:16 PM
AK-47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
Good strategy by Julien in OT... Perreault took the draw and went to the bench for Juneau as soon as the puck cleared the Mtl zone.

It was a nice face-off win by Perreault but the rest of his game is weak. He can't skate, stickhandle or pass... and he won't get his nose dirty.

No wonder Balej has so many points playing in Hamilton... he gets to play with Plekanec.
Yeah, I was quite impressed with Plekanec. He's quite good along the boards and very aware in both zones. I was surprised by the physical aspect of his game. Seems strong and hard to knock off the puck. Furthermore, he doesn't shy away from the traffic areas and isn't affraid to hit on occasion. I especially liked the hit on Matvichuk in the second.

No doubt, the kid has the skill.

Last edited by AK-47: 01-01-2004 at 04:04 AM.
Old
12-31-2003, 06:49 PM
Corey

I've liked Plekanec since I first saw him last year. He's much better suited to the NHL than Gratton and I'm fairly sure we'll see him in Montréal next season. He has good hockey sense, will go to the net, and doesn't get pushed around like a rag doll. He earned his minutes in OT.

Old
12-31-2003, 07:04 PM
Thomas

Send a message via MSN to Thomas
I still dont understand some of CJ's decisions. The Stars arent in our conference and we get the 1 point anyways, and even if the stars do end up winning, it doesnt affect us. Why not risk putting 3 offensive players during that PK and hope we can intercept a pass and get an odd man rush.

Plekanec played a strong game, and CJ showed confidence in him playing him on the checking line in the 3rd and during overtime with Ryder. I really liked Ward on the 2nd line instead of Dagenais, he brought a lot of energy and cause a few scoring chances.

Old
12-31-2003, 07:05 PM
PrairieHabber

Interesting note about Perreault. He was quoted in the Gazette today as saying that having less ice time has caused him to focus even more on face-offs (he said he is having one of his best face-off seasons). Tonight he was dominant in the circle, winning 21 and losing only 9 for 70% success rate. The rest of the centres won 9 and lost 24. Yikes. If anything Perreault's face-off heroics will help Gainey to obtain a little of something when he eventually trades him away.

Old
12-31-2003, 07:24 PM
Istvan

6 good minutes vs Stars

The first 59 minutes looked like the Habs might have had their New Year's bash before the game. Habs did look pretty good in OT though.
Plekanec didn't play a lot but he looks very promising to me. Brisebois played as well as i've ever seen him play.
Happy New Year.

Old
12-31-2003, 08:28 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
... and just no comparaison about the skills!

Anyone start to believe me that Perreault would even not crack the Bulldogs line-up?
NO

Old
01-01-2004, 04:05 AM
AK-47

Quote:
I really liked Ward in the third period playing on the first line with Ribeiro and Audette! He was alot more effective than Dagenais and should return there next game!
Any Guy that can score 20-25 goals a year deserves and should be in the Nhl.

Old
01-01-2004, 04:33 AM
HCH

Quote:
I really liked Ward in the third period playing on the first line with Ribeiro and Audette! He was alot more effective than Dagenais and should return there next game!
Audette

I think you may have had a brain cramp there

Old
01-01-2004, 08:26 AM
Garnet

Perrault

You guys complain about Perreault but no one mention in overtime on the PK Perrault won the face-off and fought off two Dallas players along the boards and got the puck down the ice and Dallas never really got set up after that. Im not a Perrault fan but I wish you guys would call what you see not what you want to see.

Old
01-01-2004, 08:58 AM
Howie Morenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet
You guys complain about Perreault but no one mention in overtime on the PK Perrault won the face-off and fought off two Dallas players along the boards and got the puck down the ice and Dallas never really got set up after that. Im not a Perrault fan but I wish you guys would call what you see not what you want to see.

Good call Garnet. I missed the game except for the OT and Perreault should get full credit for that play. He not only battled along the boards but got the puck out.

Old
01-01-2004, 09:37 AM
HCH

Quote:
I gave Perreault credit for winning the face-off in OT but to start showering a guy with accolades because he put out in one shift out of 65 minutes of play is ludicrous.

He had so many opportunities to involve himself in the play during regulation but chose to linger on the fringes hoping a puck would squirt loose. Even Ribeiro becomes more involved than Perreault. Koivu is in a completely different league.

Passes bounce of his stick and when he tries to make a pass, it is almost laughable. As good as he is on the faceoff, he is equally as bad as a playmaker.

I don't hate the guy but his style of play, completely opportunistic, is what drives me crazy. He must know by now what is expected of him on each and every shift... but simply continues with that lackadaisical style.

Arghhhhhhh!

Old
01-01-2004, 09:45 AM
BigM1ke

Hey guys.. I just noticed how much they are no Dallas fans on this community!! There was absolutely NO new post since the game yesterday!!

amazing!

Old
01-01-2004, 01:28 PM
Habsaku

Yesterday was a pretty ok road game. Very defensive, man the Stars can really play defense although I can't understand why Tippett settled for a 1-0 lead.

Random thoughts:
I think Plekanec should stay with the team, I liked him much more then Juneau and Perreault yesterday. Dagenais wasn't impressive at all, he's a bigger Yannic Perreault, he's got the same type of skills and game.
Ward lately has been playing like a PF, so he needs to go on one of the top 3 lines, he looks like he's gonna break out. Zednik hasn't been seen this season and it didn't change yesterday. Bouillon and Quintal are playing instead of Hainsey and Komisarek ? Markov should get more ice time, he is solid with Brisebois. Theodore is a franchise player right now and we miss Saku on offense. I think our whole third line will be gone next year. I liked hearing Gainey talk, he makes me confidant about the future.

Old
01-01-2004, 10:17 PM
tinyzombies

I was stuck at the Dallas airport because my flight to Miami had to turn back because of electrical problems. And the Habs were just down the road! All the bars in the airport were closed because everyone left early for new year's.... torture!

I wanted to skip the flight and go catch the game, but my gf wouldn't let me...lol

Old
01-02-2004, 01:58 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
You guys complain about Perreault but no one mention in overtime on the PK Perrault won the face-off
yeah! at least it wasn't juneau taking the draw like the other night in OT

Closed Thread