HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1/3/04 GDT Stars Vs Kings

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2004, 09:16 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
1/3/04 GDT Stars Vs Kings

We need to win

Old
01-03-2004, 09:32 AM
LuckyLUC20

vCash: 500
uhhh... ya think?

Yep, this is a must-win.

Old
01-03-2004, 10:40 AM
punchy1

Will Vis be back for this one? If so then we have a shot at it. Anyone know who if any will be back for battle tonight? We have about 40 players out so any that can come back would be brilliant.

Old
01-03-2004, 12:04 PM
Face Wash

What's the word on Modano? I know one thing is for sure.. The ice is gunna SUCK BIG TIME!! Clipper game at 1pm.. then hockey

Old
01-03-2004, 01:19 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
What's the word on Modano? I know one thing is for sure.. The ice is gunna SUCK BIG TIME!! Clipper game at 1pm.. then hockey
From the Dallas webpage:

Quote:
The Stars get an immediate chance to rebound from Friday's loss as they take on the Kings Saturday night at Staples Center in Los Angeles. They will have to do so without captain Mike Modano, who left Friday's game after suffering a goin injury and will miss Saturday's contest. Modano is listed as day-to-day. Also on Saturday, the Stars placed John Erskine on injured reserve and recalled David Oliver

Old
01-03-2004, 01:54 PM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
Will Vis be back for this one? If so then we have a shot at it. Anyone know who if any will be back for battle tonight? We have about 40 players out so any that can come back would be brilliant.
Actually, it was just announced that:

Derek Armstrong and Lubomir Visnovsky have been activated for tonight.

Michael Cammalleri and Bryan Muir have been sent down to Manchester.

Goalie, Mathieu Chouinard has been recalled by the Kings on an emergency basis.

Milan Hnilicka suffered a broken finger during practice yesterday.

http://lakings.com/news/news_detail.asp?id=1271
---------------------------
Good to see Lubo and Army back... they couldn't have come at a better time. I'm excited for them.. but I feel bad that Cammy got sent down. He hasn't had that much ice time as of late therefore his point production has suffered. Maybe he can get re-energized in Manchester.

Old
01-03-2004, 02:25 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
This one decides what team we are gonna be. A team that could've have been good and was good. Or a team that should've been good but was not good.

Old
01-03-2004, 05:55 PM
Mindcircus

In thinking about it we're not doing that badly when you consider everything the team's dealt with. Look, we have 41 points with a descimated team. How does it get any better than that? So keep in mind that although we're struggling right now, we're still in very good shape standings wise anyway.

Getting Army and Vish back tonight should be a big boost. I'm predicting at least one power play goal, and 4 goals scored by the Kings in a win. Keep the ship afloat...

Go Kings!

Old
01-03-2004, 06:49 PM
Sweet_Death

Send a message via Yahoo to Sweet_Death
Kings will come out gunning.....SJ just won so they NEED to keep PACE!!!

Old
01-03-2004, 06:56 PM
Sweet_Death

Game Misconduct for Norton already? Can someone say bad blood? Anyone know what happened to Avery? Healthy Scratch?

Old
01-03-2004, 06:58 PM
Sweet_Death

Boo.....1-0 Dal.......

Old
01-03-2004, 07:13 PM
punchy1

That is scat that Avery isn't playing. Once again Murray shows his one true weakness, the way he deals with young players. He gives Frolov naught for PP time and little even strength up until recently. He SENDS DOWN Cammo when he has proven when given ice time he is very effective and was putting up rookie of the year numbers. (if you combine his games)

He sits Avery for discipline when he is needed on the ice. I understand that Avery needs to be talked to about his comments to the media but not sat out when we need his passion in the line up with Lappy out. I mean, he is a kid and you know the pisser is that he were right. WHERE IS THE BLOODY PASSION WITH THIS LOT? Avery is one of the players who does show it. Some are relying on skill and that won't do it alone.

Pisser.

Old
01-03-2004, 07:55 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
That is scat that Avery isn't playing. Once again Murray shows his one true weakness, the way he deals with young players. He gives Frolov naught for PP time and little even strength up until recently. He SENDS DOWN Cammo when he has proven when given ice time he is very effective and was putting up rookie of the year numbers. (if you combine his games)

He sits Avery for discipline when he is needed on the ice. I understand that Avery needs to be talked to about his comments to the media but not sat out when we need his passion in the line up with Lappy out. I mean, he is a kid and you know the pisser is that he were right. WHERE IS THE BLOODY PASSION WITH THIS LOT? Avery is one of the players who does show it. Some are relying on skill and that won't do it alone.

Pisser.
Where can we see these comments? I missed them.

Old
01-03-2004, 07:58 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan
Where can we see these comments? I missed them.
From the LA Times:

Quote:
The league's most penalized player said he threw down Mike Sillinger in front of the King net and punched him twice in the head as he lay motionless because the Kings were "getting pushed around" and weren't "team tough."

"I kind of just had enough, especially when we're getting pushed around by guys that shouldn't be pushing us around, like Mike Sillinger," Avery said. "That just shouldn't happen."

Avery said it might not have been the best move. "It's not something I should do or should have done, but I play on the edge," he said. "Sometimes I cross over that edge."

Old
01-03-2004, 08:09 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

At least the Kings can't blow a third period lead tonight.

2-1 Dallas at the end of the second.

Did everyone see that penalty kill by Stumpel? Wow.

Old
01-03-2004, 08:15 PM
jfont

Awards:
that last goal by dallas was due to a serious breakdown by the defense. welcome to the nhl tim gleason and jason holland. but i think in the long run, they'll both be solid...right now, its the education of tim gleason.

stars are controlling the play with their physical play...maybe avery is right, kings really get pushed around by bigger teams...oh how the kings need allison and deadmarsh right now!

01-03-2004, 08:26 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Kings on the PP...I think it is time for the PP to actually score a goal.

Old
01-03-2004, 08:30 PM
punchy1

Well as long as the bleeding blind and pathetic useless refs don't give us a power play I suppose its all for the good.

Old
01-03-2004, 08:58 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Straka = God

Shorthanded goal with the goalie pulled to tie the game at 2 with 21 seconds left.

Old
01-03-2004, 09:05 PM
punchy1

Did Frolov get an assist on the play? He made the pass that made the pass to the scorer. HEY ANDY MATE, FROLOV CAN HANDLE ICE TIME ON THE PP AND IN THE CRITICAL BITS OF THE GAME MATE! GET THE HINT?

Old
01-03-2004, 09:07 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

No, from Belanger and Modry.

Old
01-03-2004, 09:07 PM
punchy1

Oh, Anshankov were one of the reds best players and established his self as a real talent with his play at the wjc's. Straka has more than proven that he is a dandy of a player. I hope we can keep him and Ziggy after the CBA and the coming contracts.

Old
01-03-2004, 09:08 PM
punchy1

Cheers sydor.

Old
01-03-2004, 09:11 PM
punchy1

We will take the point. I did notice that with Army and our best D playing that we were a more solid team and with a 1-2 game going to the last bit we were in position for what happened instead of behind by 4 or 5 goals or letting a big lead slip off.

Miller, Allison (is it a coincidence that his name is that of a womans? ) Lappy and for the love of god bringing back Cammy and we are a straight winner. Lubo takes mistake ice time away from Corvo and Miller takes it away from Holland. Now, if we can get another solid defencive defencman we will be one helofa tuff team to play down the road.

Old
01-03-2004, 09:32 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

OT: Does it seem like there have been more eye injuries this year than most?

Quote:
Maple Leafs forward Owen Nolan injured his left eye in Toronto's 3-3 tie Saturday night with the Buffalo Sabres.

Nolan didn't return after Buffalo's Jay McKee high-sticked him in the face early in the first period. Nolan dropped to the ice and kicked his skates.

"Apparently, there was blunt trauma to the eye as well as to the cut," said Toronto coach Pat Quinn, who said Nolan was having flashes. "There's no reason to believe that it is real bad, except that he's not seeing things well right now. That indicates the eyeball was probably hit."

Closed Thread