Notices

DUCKS are Better

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Tlove*

vCash: 500
DUCKS are Better

I know that there still is a lot on the ducks table as far as the retirment of Scotty and Teemu, but still believe that the Ducks have a great chance to Win the Cup again.

Call me crazy but the Ducks are going to be better than last last. Please let me know what you guys think

Old
07-11-2007, 01:41 PM
SamitheGreat

No way they are better than last year if Scott and Teemu retire. They do still have a legitimate shot at the Cup. In my opinion the production of Selanne will be offset by increases by Perry and Getz plus Bertuzzi to fill in whatever else.

Niedermayer's impact will not be replaced although Schneider is better than no one. Still have a very good top three d-man, with an above average #4. Huskins and Hnidy will round out the top 6. If Scotty comes back, which he probably wont by the looks of things, our defence should be one of the best in NHL history and I will be back at the Ponda next year for the party and some hot dogs.

Old
07-11-2007, 01:42 PM
MOENing

You can never win this arguement look at my mistake.

Old
07-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
You lost a bit on defense if Niedermayer retires, but I think with the addition of Bertuzzi and the further maturation of your younger forwards, you'll be fine up front.

Definitely another strong season from the Ducks in 07-08.

Old
07-11-2007, 01:51 PM
kenabnrmal

How about a bit of detail on WHY the Ducks are better off with Bert and Schneider than a 48 goal scorer and a Norris candidate, because on paper it appears baseless.

It could happen...maturation of the PPG line and increased production, a reinaissance from Bertuzzi, and improvement from the back end of the d to give us a solid balanced top-6...however, thats a lot to expect.

Old
07-11-2007, 01:55 PM
MOENing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenabnrmal View Post
How about a bit of detail on WHY the Ducks are better off with Bert and Schneider than a 48 goal scorer and a Norris candidate, because on paper it appears baseless.

It could happen...maturation of the PPG line and increased production, a reinaissance from Bertuzzi, and improvement from the back end of the d to give us a solid balanced top-6...however, thats a lot to expect.
I think if selanne retires it will be the Year of Andy Macdonald

Old
07-11-2007, 01:59 PM
kenabnrmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensaint View Post
Moreso than with Selanne? 85 points is a pretty lofty standard.

Old
07-11-2007, 02:02 PM
SamitheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensaint View Post
So Andy losing his #1 passing target makes him better??? He is a playmaker and needs a finisher on his line. Who fills in Selannes spot?

Bert is too slow, hate to break up the kids but it might need to happen. Andy will definitely have lower point production if Teemu retires.

Old
07-11-2007, 02:11 PM
MOENing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamitheGreat View Post
So Andy losing his #1 passing target makes him better??? He is a playmaker and needs a finisher on his line. Who fills in Selannes spot?

Bert is too slow, hate to break up the kids but it might need to happen. Andy will definitely have lower point production if Teemu retires.
burke will find him a Target

Old
07-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Tlove*

people people

Big bad Bert is back. He will get 80 to 90 points this year, watch!
And the power play is going to be number 1 in the league. And are you guys forgetting about Pronger! The Ducks are going to have the best Def. in the league.

Old
07-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlove View Post
Good luck with that.

Anyway, Selanne and Niedermayer are big losses. However, Schneider is a good addition and the maturation of the young forwards should pick up some of the slack. The Ducks are definitely still contenders.

Old
07-11-2007, 02:20 PM
MOENing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlove View Post
people people

And the power play is going to be number 1 in the league. And are you guys forgetting about Pronger! The Ducks are going to have the best Def. in the league.
that is if bert and may and pronger don't get suspended

Old
07-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Tlove*

Come on! I know the loss of Scotty will hurt, and Teemu will be back so don't worry about that. Bert is going to bring Penner's game up a lot. Bert is going to have 80+ points. The Ducks are going to be the bad boys in the NHL and teams are going to fear them.

Old
07-11-2007, 02:44 PM
kenabnrmal

Wow.

Old
07-11-2007, 03:14 PM
iLau
Always Mighty

Wow too. We will still have a strong team and cup contender team. But in no way this team will be better. Bertuzzi might (big might) put up big numbers and the youngins will do better this time around (please God), but the loss of Nieds cannot be replaced (maybe with that Sweedish guy in Detroit). The way Nieds slows down the game, skates, opens the ice, and avoids the forecheck are big reasons why this team did so good.

Old
07-11-2007, 03:25 PM
HerrAlex

I don't know if im missing the point or not, but how does posibally losing the best defender in the league make you better???????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????

Old
07-11-2007, 03:43 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Is it me or did this board suddenly get a lot more optimistic? Does this mean I have to be more pessimistic to balance it out?

Old
07-11-2007, 03:53 PM
HerrAlex

If your always pessimistic you will never be disapointed

Old
07-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Sandman33

I am a BIG believer in Kunitz. I think he do VERY well with Andy Mac this season. Let Miller take Teemu's place for a while and see how he handles it.

I also think that bert is going to be a monster again. He's been too timid since the incident. Burke and co. will help him.

Old
07-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
If we lose both Selanne and Niedermayer, no, we aren't better. Contenders still? More than likely.

Old
07-11-2007, 06:45 PM
jasonwendecker

your number 1 center is andy mcdonald.. nice player, not a number 1. Schneider is hurt frequently, and doesnt even hold a candle to scott niedermayer. Bertuzzi, hasnt, will not be the same player since he put moore out of hockey, he doesnt have that killer instinct anymore, he's kind of a soft to be honest

Old
07-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobo23 View Post
Is it me or did this board suddenly get a lot more optimistic? Does this mean I have to be more pessimistic to balance it out?
Don't worry, I got it. Too long have I been gone.

So, yeah. Bertuzzi is one of the most overrated players in the history of the league. That's not my addition to the HF pantheon of hyperbole (although I guess it is if you disagree with me), that's just what I percieve as truth.

In 12 seasons he topped 20 goals just 5 times, breaking 30 only twice. He's only had more than 60 points 4 times in that span. And it's not like it's because he's a late bloomer, he seems to be more of a guy who's prime came and went in a flash. His playoff numbers are positively wretched - 21 points in 40 games, with just 9 goals.

Bertuzzi gained prominence because he had one elite season playing for a Canadian team. That's it. It was a confluence of his pea brain realizing what he could do with his size, and the magnificence of Naslund's playmaking abilities that created that season for him, and he has never come close to replicating it. He can't. It was a fluke. He's not a good player. He's a second line player with some major flaws in his game, most obviously his lack of hockey sense, and his inability to consistently apply a coach's gameplan.

He sucks. For $4M, he sucks huge, sweaty, donkey sweetmeats. This is the biggest mistake Burke has ever made, I'll wager.

Old
07-11-2007, 07:28 PM
caliamad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bright Side View Post
Don't worry, I got it. Too long have I been gone.

He sucks. For $4M, he sucks huge, sweaty, donkey sweetmeats. This is the biggest mistake Burke has ever made, I'll wager.
Wow, tell us how you really feel. I nominate changing your name to Captain bitter face!

Old
07-11-2007, 07:29 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Nice, pessimism backup. I'm also pretty worried about Bertuzzi. He seems to have gotten soft and away from what made him successful. That and I worry about his back, which is probably the worst injury a power forward could probably have, sort of like a goalie's groin or Fedoruk's face.

Although about the biggest mistake part, I can think of two posters who I'm sure would would disagree.

Old
07-11-2007, 07:30 PM
luckoftheduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonwendecker View Post
your number 1 center is andy mcdonald.. nice player, not a number 1. Schneider is hurt frequently, and doesnt even hold a candle to scott niedermayer. Bertuzzi, hasnt, will not be the same player since he put moore out of hockey, he doesnt have that killer instinct anymore, he's kind of a soft to be honest
Everyone has said AndyMac isn't a number 1 center and you can continue to say that but in the words of Brian Burke, "meet me in the alley if you want to discuss AndyMac". He's clearly a #1. He nearly won the Conn Smythe without just feeding Selanne.

Closed Thread