HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lightning Hockey Night on 620 tonight (Weds.).......7pm

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

vCash: 8000
Awards:
Lightning Hockey Night on 620 tonight (Weds.).......7pm

On Lightning hockey night...On 620.. Feaster and Brad Lukowich 7 to 8pm

07-11-2007, 06:20 PM
OptimismRestrainer

vCash: 500
You mean 7/11. You just gave yourself another month with the kids out of school.

Old
07-11-2007, 06:40 PM
gobolt7

Kristia is on a roll tonight.

Old
07-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie Needed View Post
You mean 7/11. You just gave yourself another month with the kids out of school.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old
07-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
Kristia is on a roll tonight.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah... Whatever.....

Old
07-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
Did he say anything new or interesting?

Old
07-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

Awards:
As for Feaster on the Radio.... They want Ranger to do a 3 year deal but his agent wants a two year.. He likes our schedule this season... thinks it's the best we have ever had... And the real scary part.. said Jassen Cullimore has been/is on their radar as a possible Vet. pick up..ewwwww nooooooo...

Edit: Ranger doesn't have arbitration rights this year or next, but he does after that... that is why the agent only wants the two year deal....

And they are still in talks with Janik... he want's to do a one way..but the lightning want to do a two way...

They hope to get Dan Boyle signed to an extension before the end of the season...

Last edited by Kristia: 07-11-2007 at 07:33 PM.
Old
07-11-2007, 07:41 PM
bladoww
Team of the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristia28 View Post
As for Feaster on the Radio.... They want Ranger to do a 3 year deal but his agent wants a two year.. He likes our schedule this season... thinks it's the best we have ever had... And the real scary part.. said Jassen Cullimore has been/is on their radar as a possible Vet. pick up..ewwwww nooooooo...

Edit: Ranger doesn't have arbitration rights this year or next, but he does after that... that is why the agent only wants the two year deal....

And they are still in talks with Janik... he want's to do a one way..but the lightning want to do a two way...

They hope to get Dan Boyle signed to an extension before the end of the season...
Sweet! I hope we get Danny Boy extended with us. That's a no-brainer.

Cullimore? Come on. I mean are we really done in net and on the 2nd line? Guess so...

Old
07-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
Janik back on a two way deal? Okay. It will be interesting to see which side wins out with Ranger.

Cullimore? I rather have Smaby or Janik in the final spot.

Old
07-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Cullimore? I rather have Smaby or Janik in the final spot.

He said that was one of the things they are thinking about.. If they should bring in another vet. this season or is it time to run with the youth..said at some point they will have to go with the youth...But they don't know if that time is now.. They will see what's what in training camp..

Old
07-11-2007, 08:19 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristia28 View Post
Why does God hate me?

Old
07-11-2007, 08:22 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Why does God hate me?
It's not gonna happen Mike. Boyle will get 7 million to play somewhere. If a guy like Sarich gets damn near 4, Boyle will get 7. No way Feaster pays him that, he can't. Unless..........no, he's gone IMO.

Old
07-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Hockeyfan02

About time someone said why the Ranger negotiations are taking so long. Smart move by Ranger's agent, it'll be interesting to see who wins out on that one. Either way he'll be locked up for at least two seasons. Hopefully a Boyle extension is worked out during the season. We have no prospects that can replace him and Feaster would be hard pressed to find a similar FA on the market to take on that role. I would like to see one more move made to address the 2nd line. I'm in the big group that isn't fully confident in Ouelett and Hlavac. Hopefully Janik finds a one way deal somewhere else, preferably in the division. I don't think Cullimore is needed. Might as well just go with one of the kids or one of the FA's they signed.

Old
07-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

Awards:
Quote:
Why does God hate me?

He said they HOPE to sign him to an extension...But, reading things Danny has said in the past...IMO He's going for the big pay day...and there is no way that Tampa will have able to pay him what he will go for.. And with Vinny's contract up the next year.. He's outta here..

Old
07-11-2007, 08:28 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
It's not gonna happen Mike. Boyle will get 7 million to play somewhere. If a guy like Sarich gets damn near 4, Boyle will get 7. No way Feaster pays him that, he can't. Unless..........no, he's gone IMO.
You dont understand Michael. According to this coaching staff, front office, and some fans: Dan Boyle>>>>Wayne Gretzky, Gordie Howe, Bobby Orr, Mario Lemeuix...etc. They are going to park a Brinks truck in his driveway, regardless of who it ends up costing us.

Seriously, look at the signs. Since when has this team ever negotiated contracts with players during the season under Feaster? The answer? Never, it was always against "team policy" I still have that email if anyone needs proof.

Old
07-12-2007, 09:59 AM
boomeraide

It would be nice to sign Boyle to an extension. But to me if Feaster was smart, he would want to try to extend Vinny's contract first.

Old
07-12-2007, 11:55 AM
LastoftheBrunnenG

And here lies the true cross roads for the organization for the next 5 years. This probably isn't about Feaster as much as it is ownership. Is Feaster's charge to make the playoffs each year? Or has ownership given him the authority to take a step back and look a little down the road? This organization can ill afford to lose yet another defenseman for nothing to free agency, yet trading Boyle makes the playoffs a lot harder in the short term. Are no "playoff cheers" acceptable to the bean counters? Even if it's only for one year and allows for a better chance of going deeper down the road? Can Boyle be resigned to any practical number that doesn't make the Top 4 paid more than 60% of the budget? Are there any circumstances Boyle would waive his NTC?

BTW, Visnovsky's 5 years @ $5.65M is a good comparison. Similar players in age, size, production etc...I'd offer him that. It would be a good litmus test as to what to really expect.

Old
07-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Quote:
Souray got 5.4-5.5 so I can't see Boyle getting more than so

Old
07-12-2007, 06:21 PM
LastoftheBrunnenG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelmoor View Post
Souray got 5.4-5.5 so I can't see Boyle getting more than so
After the Brad Richards "negotiation" I worry Boyle will get whatever Feaster feels like offering him. It might only take $5.5, but he'll be offered $6.5M.

Old
07-12-2007, 07:34 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
You dont understand Michael. According to this coaching staff, front office, and some fans: Dan Boyle>>>>Wayne Gretzky, Gordie Howe, Bobby Orr, Mario Lemeuix...etc. They are going to park a Brinks truck in his driveway, regardless of who it ends up costing us.

Seriously, look at the signs. Since when has this team ever negotiated contracts with players during the season under Feaster? The answer? Never, it was always against "team policy" I still have that email if anyone needs proof.
I think it may be a feel out type thing. Feaster has to know he can't afford him and he most certainly knows that someone WILL pay between 6.5 and 7 to get him. He is going to try a "take one for the team" approach. Boyle will then decide to "test" the market, Torts will talk **** about him after he leaves, and we will be left with nothing. Mark it down. It's got Habby written all over it without the negotiations during the season. He is as good as gone. Hopefully Feaster will realize all of this and get rid of him in March. We can all cry about it then and move on.

Old
07-12-2007, 11:52 PM
LastoftheBrunnenG

Quote:
I think it may be a feel out type thing. Feaster has to know he can't afford him and he most certainly knows that someone WILL pay between 6.5 and 7 to get him. He is going to try a "take one for the team" approach. Boyle will then decide to "test" the market, Torts will talk **** about him after he leaves, and we will be left with nothing. Mark it down. It's got Habby written all over it without the negotiations during the season. He is as good as gone. Hopefully Feaster will realize all of this and get rid of him in March. We can all cry about it then and move on.
I know I'm sounding like I'm letting Feaster off the hook, but will the guys above Feaster LET HIM trade Boyle if they feel it costs those 2 or 3 precious home games in April. But I agree...if Boyle makes UFA status, he's gone and we'll have lost the entire Stanley Cup winning defense for a 4th rounder...although Luk was brought back for nothing, but you get my point.

Old
07-13-2007, 02:43 AM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Signing Boyle would not be a smart move at all unless ownership increases payroll by whatever it costs to lock him up. Signing Boyle to the between 5-7 he will no question get would be the absolute end to this team with two guys already making over 7 million, and one making over 5.

Let some team who's on the verge of making a strong push for the Cup overpay horridly for him at the deadline, and use it to get a LEGIT linemate for Richards, and a nice, young, NHL ready dman.

This season is critical in regards to how the future of this team will play out IMO.

Old
07-13-2007, 03:28 AM
SharksDownUnder

Send a message via Skype™ to SharksDownUnder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderworks View Post
Signing Boyle would not be a smart move at all unless ownership increases payroll by whatever it costs to lock him up. Signing Boyle to the between 5-7 he will no question get would be the absolute end to this team with two guys already making over 7 million, and one making over 5.

Let some team who's on the verge of making a strong push for the Cup overpay horridly for him at the deadline, and use it to get a LEGIT linemate for Richards, and a nice, young, NHL ready dman.

This season is critical in regards to how the future of this team will play out IMO.
so you're going to trade Boyle (ask for a waive of the NTC) just before the playoffs... I don't sign up for that. if they are within striking distance of making the playoffs...

I say use him and lose him.

Old
07-13-2007, 03:34 AM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
If we were in a position to go deep, I'd agree. This team will not be winning any cups, and I question even making the playoffs. If for some odd reason Tampa has been tearing up the league, and they're mowing down everyone on their way to a division title/strong playoff seed, then the smart thing to do would be to keep him.

On the other hand, if we're just sneaking into the playoffs as a 7th/8th seed, struggling to win games against mediocre opponents, and just giving an all around repeat of the last two seasons, then we should go ahead and use one of the few bargaining chips we have to add a little depth going into the offseason.

Old
07-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

Awards:
Don't forget it's on tonight 7/18.... Didn't hear who the guests are yet....

http://lightning.nhl.com/team/app/?s...ticleid=316678

Closed Thread