HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vote For Crosby

Old
07-12-2007, 01:28 PM
BlaqICE

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to BlaqICE Send a message via AIM to BlaqICE Send a message via MSN to BlaqICE
First of all, what kind of a BS matchup is this? Derek Jeter has established himself in his sport and Crosby has only played two seasons. Don't get me wrong, I think Crosby is a great player, but come on he still has a long way to go. I guess I should expect something as stupid as this from ESPN. I voted for Crosby just because I hate ESPN and because they bashed hockey during their "analysis".

BlaqICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2007, 01:31 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqICE View Post
First of all, what kind of a BS matchup is this? Derek Jeter has established himself in his sport and Crosby has only played two seasons. Don't get me wrong, I think Crosby is a great player, but come on he still has a long way to go. I guess I should expect something as stupid as this from ESPN. I voted for Crosby just because I hate ESPN and because they bashed hockey during their "analysis".
Well, that's all part of the problem with this whole thing. What is the parameters for voting? What are we really measuring? Who's the most now? I don't know what that means but if it really means now, all hockey, football and basketball players should have no chance of winning as they are not playing now.

07-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

The sad thing is i can remember when ESPN was a about sports and not the rest of this BS...

who cares who is the most now?

and

What is the most now anyway?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Pogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie Mexes View Post
haha.. sbob edited your post

you insulting *******!!

hey SBOB, its all in good fun, i hope you didnt give him a warning, we do this all the time in the EHM thread. he wasnt being serious.
that *****..
Haha that's great!!! Did you get to read it before though? I didn't get into trouble, I guess Sbob isn't familiar with Pogo Johnson and Alfie Mexes' past. You ****er!!

Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2007, 07:53 PM
darrenturcotte#8

Vote For Cindy... For Prom Queen!!!!

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Casmatt

Crosby actually won the online vote, but Jeter won overall because the guys on Sportscenter voted unanimously for Jeter.
Wow, I never really knew about this thing before yesterday and this is completely rediculous. Who's more now? What does that even mean!?!? I'm guessing that whoever the most "now" is will probably be the person that ESPN overhypes the most. The Billie Jean King region? seriously

I'm looking at the people they chose for this meaningless competition and it consists of:

7 Football (NFL) Players
6 Basketball Players
4 Baseball Players
3 Tennis Players
3 Auto Racing drivers
2 Swimmers
2 Soccer players
1 Hockey player
1 Snowboarder
1 Golfer
1 UFC Fighter
1 Surfer (seriously)

So that must be what "now" means, ESPN hype. Somehow Danica Patrick is ranked higher than Sid. Why? Has she even won a race? Sidney won the Hart trophy and somehow Danica Patrick is more "now". Why? is it because she does those commercials for motor oil?

I really shouldn't care about this; in fact, starting now I'm completly ignoring ESPN's BS "Who's Now" contest.

Last edited by Casmatt: 07-12-2007 at 08:53 PM.
Casmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2007, 08:29 PM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
The sad thing is i can remember when ESPN was a about sports and not the rest of this BS...

and

The problem with ESPN/Sportscenter is that they have gotten away from Sports and gone more into Entertainment. I usually hate fox but their sports channel has like this rundown thing - its great just highlights of all sports games last nite - no matter how "now" it is.

Plus i see one of the reasons soccer/hockey players losing in this because ESPN is a mainly american thing and Im preety sure Sportscenter isnt playing in most homes in Canada and across the Atlantic.

Its still BS... football is the most beautiful game in the world, and Hockey is too complicated for the NASCAR loving Southern half of our nation - A lil off topic but - I hope Beckham coming later in the month propels soccer up somewhat, because it deserves it. MLS as a league is an average league globally, but it loses money because Americans are more worried about lazy sports like basketball and NASCAR.

oh and go red sox.

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2007, 08:51 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
I would never, ever vote for Jeter in a poll unless it was along the lines of "Most Overrated Defensively" or "Player You'd Most Like to ***** Slap."

That being said, I can't ever vote for Cindy either, so I'll abstain.

And **** ESPN.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post

and

Ahh, the good ol' days of ESPN Sportscenter. I would watch every morning before school while eating my breakfast. I remember catching the Ranger highlights (You know, back in the day when they actually showed hockey highlights) from games I couldn't stay up late to watch.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2007, 09:08 PM
doubled

Sorry - not voting for a whiner! Great talent, however he did not come into the league pre-approved for the Hall of Fame! Needs to win something before he beats out Jeter.

doubled is offline   Reply With Quote