HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Another Debate Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2003, 04:34 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Another Debate Thread

Here's an interesting topic for you.

Since Zherdev has joined the club, and aside from the first game or two, Zherdev has been averaging more icetime then Man-Child and NHL leader in goals, Rick Nash.

Is Columbus trying to prove something by playing Zherdev so much, even more then Nash? Are they trying to 'prove' that Zherdev is NHL ready, and ready to compete, despite the role that CSKA had Zherdev playing, which were minimal minutes on the fourth line?

Discuss away!

PS. Siberian, if you make your way into this thread, know that you're on thin ice with some of our posters on here, so please do not instigate them.

Old
12-31-2003, 04:39 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Nash has had a slight groin pull for a few weeks now, making miss practice from time to time. I'm sure his minutes have dropped a few because of this.

Zherdev also has the tendency to stay out too long for his shifts.

Old
12-31-2003, 05:14 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Thug

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Meh, made a rookie mistake tonight...

And Cost us the game.

Old
12-31-2003, 07:38 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ozzie X
Nash has had a slight groin pull for a few weeks now, making miss practice from time to time. I'm sure his minutes have dropped a few because of this.

I've noticed that as well. Any idea why he does that?

Old
12-31-2003, 08:30 PM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ozzie X

Good points. I wonder if DMGM is being more selective w/Nasher's ice time, because of the groin thing.

I also wonder if the Z thing is due to some communication difficulties.

Old
12-31-2003, 09:17 PM
OHLprospects

What i dont get is this kid comes during the season and just jumps right into the line up getting 20 minutes a game and all power play time. I am just saying why didnt they give Fritsche the same opportunity the kid can play. I was looking at some old draft rankings before Fritsche had his shoulders done he was ranked to go 5th overall. I say when he comes back from Finland give him a good shot with good players. Whats the worst that can happen you lose, your in last place. Just my opinion i want to see the kid do well i know he can

Old
01-01-2004, 03:36 AM
jackets63

Zherdev is getting the ice time because he is the most dominant player on the team most nights. Sure hes not getting as many to go in right now as Nash, but hes one of the few that can actually gain the blueline and move around people without having to just dump it in. They started him slow in the first few games and hes earned his minutes IMO compared to how most of the vets have played.

And its not fair to Fritche to compare him to Zherdev. Zherdev is a dynamic player who will be a star for a long time I think. Fritche is a very solid player and will be an anchor for this team for a long time to come. But he will most likely never be a superstar. I see him as a good 2nd line center.

Old
01-01-2004, 08:19 AM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackets63
And its not fair to Fritche to compare him to Zherdev. Zherdev is a dynamic player who will be a star for a long time I think. Fritche is a very solid player and will be an anchor for this team for a long time to come. But he will most likely never be a superstar. I see him as a good 2nd line center.
I still think Fritsche has the ability to develop into a second-tier top line centre, ala the position that Cassels sort of plays (2nd-liner on some, 1st-liner on others).

It'd be much easier to throw Zherdev out there for 20 minutes a game then Fritsche. Zherdev is used to playing against men, whereas before the season, Fritsche's oldest competators were 20 years old. There's a period of adjustment that has to be made there.

That said, Zherdev is much more of a dynamic player, and his skills are much much greater in comparison to those of Fritsche. He's a whole level up on Fritsche.

Old
01-01-2004, 08:35 AM
3mta3

I have no problem with Zherdev getting what he's getting. In this season, a few mistakes aren't going to blow our playoff chances. Let him learn as much as he can now and get some good, hard, fast NHL experience. What he learns now will be very valuable in his career.

Now, let's try the same with Fritsche when he's back or send him back to be a stud. 4th line duties are a stretch. Give him at least 3rd line duties or send him back.

Old
01-02-2004, 09:44 AM
puckslappper

No risk of Zherdev becoming a Malhotra. I say let him have too much ice time. This years blown. Most of our guys who have been here awhile have more downside than upside... Im sick of them proving it night after night.

Lets see next year with Nash leading the league in goals and Zherdev leading league in assists and points That would be sweet. (probably won't happen but would be sweet. )

Old
01-02-2004, 11:22 AM
CBJSlash

I think that after Fritsche comes back from Finland he will get 3rd line minutes. We still had an outside shot of getting into the playoffs when he was with us, but now I think they have decided to groom our young guys. Malhotra can play wing right? IMO I think we have to much promise from our young guys to get to down on this season and we will add another top notch talent in the draft.

Klesla, LeClaire, Nash, Johnson, Zherdev, Fritsche, Olesz I don't think there is a team in the league that has comparable young talent to us outside Atlanta. Atlanta was the whipping boys for there first few years then they got a real coach and started winning, I don't see why that would be different for us. Atlanta missed the playoffs their first 4 seasons too in the worst division in hockey.

Closed Thread