HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

DirecTv

Old
07-11-2007, 04:20 PM
NYR27

vCash: 500
DirecTv

So I just moved down to Baltimore and bought the Sports Package for DirecTV, which includes MSG. Does anyone know whether or not MSG does the same thing as the YES Network and blacks out the channel for games? Am I going to have to buy Center Ice to watch the Rangers?

NYR27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2007, 04:21 PM
JR#9*

You will have to get center ice to watch the Ranger games.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Islander102

Im pretty sure MSG gets blacked out whenever they have an NHL or NBA game on. Youll probably have to get center ice, which sucks, but if you want you could always drop the sports pack in exchange for center ice.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2007, 04:23 PM
NYR27

thanks for the reply, an official boo to these packages though. They should really so something that allows people out of town to pay for just the games they wanna see.

Old
07-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Just a question, but does MSG play Rangers in 60 or does that get blacked out as well if you move and don't buy Center Ice? That might be a solution if you really don't want to front the extra cash if it doesn't get blacked out and all...

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR27 View Post
thanks for the reply, an official boo to these packages though. They should really so something that allows people out of town to pay for just the games they wanna see.
Well, I had it made when I lived in Philly. I was set on NY channels. IE I got the NY news channels and the NY sports games and everything and nothing Philly. It's because I was part of my parents plan and they never switched me over to PA channels. I got the PA news just via having an antenna.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2007, 04:40 PM
NYR27

maybe thats the case, thanks for the tip! Maybe Sather could front me the 2 bills with all the cash he throws around?

Old
07-11-2007, 04:55 PM
gers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Just a question, but does MSG play Rangers in 60 or does that get blacked out as well if you move and don't buy Center Ice? That might be a solution if you really don't want to front the extra cash if it doesn't get blacked out and all...
i live in buffalo with directv and i get everything rangers(60, pregame, postgame) just not the live games, which i have center ice for.

gers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2007, 05:06 PM
NYR27

whats the price of CI on DirecTV?

Old
07-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Quote:
whats the price of CI on DirecTV?
i want to say it somewhere between 120 and 150 for the season... could be a bit more thou...

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2007, 05:34 PM
ThisYearsModel

You have to get Center Ice. If you have it, you will be able to see Rangers in 60.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2007, 05:35 PM
NYR27

thanks for the great info guys, can always count on yas!

LOVE the CRAMER avatar

Old
07-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Quote:
thanks for the great info guys, can always count on yas!

LOVE the CRAMER avatar
glad you like it....there is one no one has claimed posted int he new avatar thread if you are interested.... or if ya want one just let me know

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Edge

Yeah you can't get live games but you don't need center ice to get the replays.

For me it works out when I'm home because I catch the replay around 7 p.m. so I don't really miss anything by not getting the live feed.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2007, 09:58 AM
blueshirtbanshee

I'm upstate (Rochester) and I can never get Rangers games, unless they're playing Buffalo. Anybody have any solutions other than center ice? what about this center ice online that I see advertised? Anybody know anything about that? is it any cheaper?

blueshirtbanshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2007, 10:00 AM
dave4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander102 View Post
Im pretty sure MSG gets blacked out whenever they have an NHL or NBA game on. Youll probably have to get center ice, which sucks, but if you want you could always drop the sports pack in exchange for center ice.
IMHO Center Ice does not suck. Hardly.

For $150 you get every game that's televised anywhere, which means you get virtually every game. On Saturday nights you get a full night of Hockey Night in Canada, and you get a lot of Canadian telecasts during the week too.

Unlike the major league baseball package you get all network games, including the network games not being televised in your area. MLB has imposed a blackout on Saturdays before 7 PM, so that even 1PM games that don't interfere with the 4PM Fox telecast are not included. And the Fox games not being shown in your area aren't included either.

If you only want to watch NHL games of one team I can see where you'd consider the $150 pricey. But for those of us who like to watch a lot of hockey from around the league, it's dirt cheap.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4 View Post
IMHO Center Ice does not suck. Hardly.

For $150 you get every game that's televised anywhere, which means you get virtually every game. On Saturday nights you get a full night of Hockey Night in Canada, and you get a lot of Canadian telecasts during the week too.

Unlike the major league baseball package you get all network games, including the network games not being televised in your area. MLB has imposed a blackout on Saturdays before 7 PM, so that even 1PM games that don't interfere with the 4PM Fox telecast are not included. And the Fox games not being shown in your area aren't included either.

If you only want to watch NHL games of one team I can see where you'd consider the $150 pricey. But for those of us who like to watch a lot of hockey from around the league, it's dirt cheap.
No, center ice doesnt suck, i love it actually. The fact that the poster has to get center ice to watch only one team, after already getting the sports pack with MSG on it was what i was reffering to

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2007, 10:33 AM
zestystrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander102 View Post
No, center ice doesnt suck, i love it actually. The fact that the poster has to get center ice to watch only one team, after already getting the sports pack with MSG on it was what i was reffering to
That's the FCC at work on the blackout rule.

zestystrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2007, 10:55 AM
RangersMoogle

Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
Ugh, Center Ice is great, but it really sucks sometimes. Say MSG has a feed of a Rangers @ Islanders game, and FSNNY has the same game, nine times out of ten, Center Ice will have the FSNNY feed because it's the home teams channel, and as a result, the MSG feed will be blacked out. That's my only real complaint, but, whatever. Beats missing the game.

RangersMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2007, 11:48 AM
bubba5

If I had the time to watch all those games I would get it, but with kids I have to make time just to watch the Rangers

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote