HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lupul

Old
07-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Halifax Hellfish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeIsGoneDotCom View Post
Another factor in Jofrey Lupul, there was alot of pressure on him in Edmonton mainly because of who he was traded for, and maybe just maybe they expected to much of him. With this team there shouldnt be alot of pressure on him. So what if he doesnt get back on defense, Briere wont either. Thats not their job. We have plenty of other forwards who can play defense to make up for it, and we have a much improved blueline as well. How many teams have 12 forwards that ALL get back and play defense? I am going to guess somewhere in the neighborhood of none.
I agree completely, hometown pressure and distractions can be deadly. Philly will hopefully bring a welcome change. He didnt lose his talent overnight. Being in Philly will rejuvinate him or completly destroy him. Lets hope its the former and not the latter

Halifax Hellfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2007, 08:43 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifax Hellfish View Post
I agree completely, hometown pressure and distractions can be deadly. Philly will hopefully bring a welcome change. He didnt lose his talent overnight. Being in Philly will rejuvinate him or completly destroy him. Lets hope its the former and not the latter
Guess we better hurry up and move JVR, it is too close to his home...Maybe that explains Umberger as well, he needs to get out of the state of PA

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 09:08 AM
martin27

After further thinking i honestly think Lupul doesnt fit in this team and he must have been aquired for a further trade. He's either too slow for Gagne-Briere line or Knuble plays their, He and Carter dont really suit eachother as they are both shoot first type of players, He doesn't backcheck enough for Richards line and im pretty sure he wasnt brought in for the 4th line. So saying he scored 25 with the Ducks and he's capable to score 30 goals doesnt really matter because its not going to happen here because the situation here doesnt suit him. It will be just like in Edmonton because he doesn't fit, as it was their.

martin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 09:14 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
i dont think he necessarily won't fit in here. the flyers dealt a struggling player with potential for another, albeit lesser, struggler with potential. i think they'll give lupul a chance to put it together. they know he needs top 6 minutes to produce and he'll probably be moved around. if he works out, great. if he doesnt, he's traded. one thing is pretty certain, the flyers won't be keeping him on the 4th line if he struggles.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 11:37 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Guess we better hurry up and move JVR, it is too close to his home...Maybe that explains Umberger as well, he needs to get out of the state of PA
some players handle it differantly then others. I dont think Umbergers so called struggles have anything to do with him being from the area. It has more to do with him being misused last season.

Last edited by GoneFullHextall: 07-16-2007 at 12:30 PM.
GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 11:56 AM
NYVanfan

any interest in Lucas Krajicek for Lupul?
Canucks need a RW, you have lots ...you could use a D (puck moving one at that)
both young and fairly cheap....or do you not like the value?

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 12:01 PM
martin27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
any interest in Lucas Krajicek for Lupul?
Canucks need a RW, you have lots ...you could use a D (puck moving one at that)
both young and fairly cheap....or do you not like the value?
Lupul for Kesler would be Ironic

Old
07-16-2007, 12:14 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin27 View Post
Lupul for Kesler would be Ironic
true
Canucks need forwards though, and I think you guys need D. Canucks might also have to throw in a pick to even it out, but I didn't think it was too far off...

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 12:17 PM
martin27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
true
Canucks need forwards though, and I think you guys need D. Canucks might also have to throw in a pick to even it out, but I didn't think it was too far off...
Lupul and Umberger

for

Kesler and Krajicek

Old
07-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Kaktus*

I am just afraid that Flyers genius head coach will not be able to find the right fit for a player like Lupul. I am convinced that if you put Lupul and Carter it will be a disaster.

One will miss the shot and the other will not be able to get to rebound.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
I am just afraid that Flyers genius head coach will not be able to find the right fit for a player like Lupul. I am convinced that if you put Lupul and Carter it will be a disaster.

One will miss the shot and the other will not be able to get to rebound.
i'm not sure you can really blame Stevens on that one... i'm not really comfortable with the idea of Lupul on the top line right off the bat... and i don't like him playing with Richards, who is going to have non-trivial defensive responsibility this year.

so, where do you put him? with Carter... perhaps Carter will start to make a few more passes. Carter does have the ability to make nice passing plays, he just tends not to.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 01:24 PM
scottymac223

Send a message via AIM to scottymac223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
perhaps Carter will start to make a few more passes. Carter does have the ability to make nice passing plays, he just tends not to.
Isn't that like dating a really hot girl who doesn't put.....

scottymac223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 02:26 PM
rayearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottymac223 View Post
Isn't that like dating a really hot girl who doesn't put.....
Dude, you need to change your avatar. I keep getting you confused with HoosierDaddy and that's not particularly a good thing.

rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 02:35 PM
Junius

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottymac223 View Post
Given that the line of Jeff, Scott and Scottie seems to be all but anounced, that leaves Knuble and Lupul on the Right side of either Briere or Richards. A top line of Gags, Breiere, Knuble excites everybody, but I am a little worried about a Kap, Richards, Lupul line. This is on the edge of crazy I know but if the Richards line doesn't work with Lupul, it may work much better as Kap, Richards, Knuble. That means, Scottie or Lupul play Briere's Right Wing. If Lupul is the future sniper it's beleived he is would the team be better off with:

Gags|Briere|Lupul or Upshall - If it's Scottie that's TOO FAST!!!
Hartnell|Carter|Lupul or Upshall
Kap|Richards|Knuble - This is a monster 3rd line!!
Eager|Umberger|??????
You also want to sign Potulny. It seems to me that either Upshall or Lupul should be moved for a defenceman. Either one should return a defenseman that can play.

Otherwise there are not enough pucks to go around for Umberger, Carter, Hartnell, Richards and other young guys like Eager and Potulny.

Lupul for Lucas Krajicek makes sense. Maybe some picks to round it out.

How about Matt Cooke, Lukas Krajicek and Corey Schneider for Upshall and Lupul?

Junius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 03:27 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junius View Post
You also want to sign Potulny. It seems to me that either Upshall or Lupul should be moved for a defenceman. Either one should return a defenseman that can play.

Otherwise there are not enough pucks to go around for Umberger, Carter, Hartnell, Richards and other young guys like Eager and Potulny.

How about just Krajicek for Lupul straight up. I doubt the Flyers want to trade Upshall

BringBackStevens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 03:31 PM
martin27

Quote:

Kesler, Krajicek, Cooke, 3rd for Knuble, Umberger, Picard

Old
07-16-2007, 03:40 PM

Is it just me, or are there some very obvious comparisons to be made between Lupul and Cherepanov?

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 03:40 PM
flyersfan64*

Quote:

i could see them trading upul but not upshall

flyersfan64* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newham View Post
Is it just me, or are there some very obvious comparisons to be made between Lupul and Cherepanov?
Its just you. Cherepanov isn't fast, but he's still an above average skater once he's skating. He also has great playmaking skills and superb vision.

Lupul has none of that, as I've said plenty of times, if he's not scoring he's useless. I'd bet on him being useless this year, as I see no room for him to be a scorer on this team. If we had no forward depth, he would be a good pickup, but we're already stocked with good young forwards.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 05:18 PM
flyersfan64*

i agree. we do not like himas much because we were fine at wing. if we were lacking a scoring wing this would be a great move. but we were fine there and needed offensive dmen so this seems like a terrible move.

Old
07-16-2007, 05:52 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
With Pitkanen out the door, I don't think we can really afford to trade Picard. He's the only offense we've got on the blueline behind Timonen.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 05:57 PM
flyersfan64*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
With Pitkanen out the door, I don't think we can really afford to trade Picard. He's the only offense we've got on the blueline behind Timonen.
+1

Old
07-16-2007, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
Its just you. Cherepanov isn't fast, but he's still an above average skater once he's skating. He also has great playmaking skills and superb vision.

Lupul has none of that, as I've said plenty of times, if he's not scoring he's useless. I'd bet on him being useless this year, as I see no room for him to be a scorer on this team. If we had no forward depth, he would be a good pickup, but we're already stocked with good young forwards.
I don't mean in style of play. More in offensive upside but potentially terrible due to work-rate and effort.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newham View Post
I don't mean in style of play. More in offensive upside but potentially terrible due to work-rate and effort.
I guess I could see that if you buy into the rumors about Cherepanov having a poor work ethic. I haven't heard anything about that from any Russian sources, but there may be something to it considering how many GMs passed on him. I'd compare Lupul to a better Brendl. Both bad skaters, (Brendl was much, much worse) yet both have great shots. Lupul doesn't have as bad of a work ethic as Brendl, but I see some similarities between the two.

I'm hoping he has a similar turnaround to Dany Heatley. Heatley was a one dimensional liability while with Atlanta, but completely turned his game around when he went to Ottawa. Obviously Lupul isn't nearly as talented as Heatley, but I never thought Heatley would become the player he is today. I hope that Lupul can turn it around in the same fashion, I just think we should have been able to get a very safe player with less upside than Lupul for a talent like Pitkanen.

Last edited by Winston Wolf: 07-16-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
We're not trading Knuble, especially after he showed us his dedication to the organization by signing an extension in the middle of last season. No way, no how.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote