HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

next year offence...

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2003, 07:40 PM
john doe

vCash:
next year offence...

I think we should let go Dackell, juneau and sundstrom at the end of this season because Balej, higgins and hossa(Maybe perezhogin) are ready for the NHL and they will improve a alot more in the big league. I'm sick and tired of seeing juneau play 20 minutes a game...

The futur is really nice for this team!

Old
12-30-2003, 08:06 PM
Habruti!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe
I think we should let go Dackell, juneau and sundstrom at the end of this season because Balej, higgins and hossa(Maybe perezhogin) are ready for the NHL and they will improve a alot more in the big league. I'm sick and tired of seeing juneau play 20 minutes a game...

The futur is really nice for this team!
I certainly do not think that Hossa will be NHL ready come next year unless he turns things arround and goes in the opposite direction he is currently heading. My thoughts are that that this will not happen.

Indeed the contract of Perreault, Juneau and Dackell are going to be over and I do not see MTL making any new offers to these guys. On the other hand Sundstrum contract still has another year to it and he can still be a valuable player down the stretch. My opinion is that Perezhogin will spend some time in the minors... Higgins might make the team if he can start winning some faceoffs.

Old
12-30-2003, 08:23 PM
Papa Bear

hmmm, well this is what i'd like to see for next year barring maor changes:

bulis/zednik koivu ryder
zednik/hossa ribs dagenais
sundstrom/bulis begin ward
hossa/langdon higgins kilger/langdon

got some options there but that gives us some size all around i figure and that 3rd line looks more line a true gritty 3rd line (especially with bulis there)

with hossa, higgins and kilger (insert "kilger doesn hussle enough" comment here) could be interesting

gives us good potential on the second line of the pp too

Old
12-30-2003, 08:24 PM
Traitor8

Hainsey
Komisarek
Balej
Higgins

will all be with the big club next season(hopefully)

Hamilton 1st line:
Kostsitsyn-Plekanec-Perezhogin

Old
12-30-2003, 10:47 PM
Marchy79

I agree that the future of this club is really exciting to watch

I think Hossa WILL be ready by next year. This year he, I feel is going through a similar season Bulis went through 2 years ago (as well as Ribeiro, and also what Dagenais Ryder and Ward are going through this year).

Hossa is definaing his defensive touch right now... I think he is trying to carve a niche out of his game... But personally, I'd love to see a line of Perezhogin - Hossa - Balej playing on the first line in Hamilton, just to see Hossa's game as a center.

Balej and Hainsey are getting very close to a truly deserved sniff at the big show. Hainsey is soo quick for a defence man, and Balej adds more of the missing element...Come to think of it, Our Right Wing is looking nice right now for the VERY near future (perhaps arguably this season)

Old
12-30-2003, 11:55 PM
Traitor8

We have great depth in every position:

LW:
Zednik
Kostsitsyn
Higgins
Bulis
Langdon

C:
Koivu
Ribeiro
Hossa
Plekanec
Urquhart
Lapierre
Begin
Gratton

RW:
Perezhogin
Balej
Dagenais
Ryder
Milroy
Ferland

D:
Souray
Komisarek
Hainsey
Rivet
Brisebois
Markov
Beauchemin
Korneev
Korpikari
O'Bryne
Archer

G:
Theodore
Garon
Michaud
Damphousse
Halak

Old
12-31-2003, 03:40 AM
Tony Danza

I can't see either higgins or perezhogin making the club right out of training camp. Even Hossa is a stretch because he just seems like he doesn't wanna play. As for Balej and Pecanek I hope they make it as they sure are fun to watch.

Old
12-31-2003, 04:22 AM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Danza
I can't see either higgins or perezhogin making the club right out of training camp. Even Hossa is a stretch because he just seems like he doesn't wanna play. As for Balej and Pecanek I hope they make it as they sure are fun to watch.
Not both of them but I could very well see one of them... Perezhogin is a sleeper IMO. Once he will get it going he will tear it up in the AHL...If it has not started yet.

Old
12-31-2003, 07:51 AM
Boutmania

Send a message via AIM to Boutmania Send a message via Yahoo to Boutmania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
We have great depth in every position:

LW:
Zednik
Kostsitsyn
Higgins
Bulis
Langdon
this is not that deep... Considering that Langdon is gone after this year and Zednik in few years...

Old
12-31-2003, 09:17 AM
Tony Danza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boutmania
this is not that deep... Considering that Langdon is gone after this year and Zednik in few years...
Why would Zednik be gone in a few years? As for Langdon he offers nothing that can't be replaced.

Old
12-31-2003, 09:46 AM
merlin

having too many rookies will be a sure ticket to another top ten pick in 05. Also, most of our near ready rookies are way too crafty and are molded the same way. Unfortunatly, our prospects are perfect for western conference hockey.

I know we hate trading prospects but we need to adress size up front. We have trade bait in these youngsters, perhaps one of them with a pick or a d-men could fetch us a high pick or a decent gritty player?

Old
12-31-2003, 10:07 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Some of you people are ****ing nuts. You can not replace Juneau and Dackel by rookies, they got a lot fo ice time cause they are defensive specilist. You can't have 4 scoring lines cause our team isn't that talented, when Thorton line is out there, you need people to counter them, if Juneau goes, we need to get Rolston or something, but no ****ing way can we ignore a defensive line. Begin can fit in Juneau spot, well maybe, he looked good, but who knows.

Old
12-31-2003, 12:58 PM
Medicine Twin

Next year is gonna be a tough year. But playing the rookies or trading a rookie or two is likely our best options. The UFA market will only hurt us in the future.

Bulis - Koivu - Ryder
Zednik - Ribeiro - Dagenais
Hossa* - Begin - Sundstrom
Langdon* - Plekanec* - Ward

Kilger, *****

Souray - Brisebois
Markov - Komisarek*
Hainsey* - Rivet

Bouillon

I'd love to see Langdon resigned to come back and play on the 4th line LW but we'll have to see what happens. Another possibility is someone like Kastsitsyn, Higgins, or Balej really impressing offensively, allowing us to use Bulis or Ryder on the 3rd line.

Old
12-31-2003, 01:03 PM
Habs4Life

vCash: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine Twin
Next year is gonna be a tough year. But playing the rookies or trading a rookie or two is likely our best options. The UFA market will only hurt us in the future.

Bulis - Koivu - Ryder
Zednik - Ribeiro - Dagenais
Hossa* - Begin - Sundstrom
Langdon* - Plekanec* - Ward

Kilger, *****

Souray - Brisebois
Markov - Komisarek*
Hainsey* - Rivet

Bouillon

I'd love to see Langdon resigned to come back and play on the 4th line LW but we'll have to see what happens. Another possibility is someone like Kastsitsyn, Higgins, or Balej really impressing offensively, allowing us to use Bulis or Ryder on the 3rd line.
Hossa does not deserve to play for the canadien's, the guy is a bum!

Old
12-31-2003, 01:21 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
In a perfect world, taking into account those with expiring contracts but not forseeing any trades by Gainey, here's what I'd see.

- Julien scraps the defensive line. Instead, a commitment to two-way, physical, exciting hockey is made by everyone.

- The bolded players are the key players of each line. Everyone else is virtually interchangeable.

- Five or six rookies doesn't happen, unless you want us to turn out like the Hawks.

Forward

20 Richard Zednik - 11 Saku Koivu - 73 Mike Ryder
38 Jan Bulis - 71 Mike Ribeiro - 56 Josef Balej
37 Nik Sundstrom - 25 Chad Kilger - 17 Jason Ward
46 Benoit Gratton - 22 Steve Begin - 15 Darren Langdon
81 Marcel Hossa

- Plekanec, Higgins, and Kastistyn are all lurking for roster spots.
- Dagenais moves on. Thanks for the contribution, Pierre.
- Dackell, Perrreault and Juneau walk via free agency.
- Langdon is hopefully resigned, even though he is 32. If not, there is no shortage of forwards.
- Ward and Kilger, in a given role, will flourish.

Defence

- The defence are in no particular order. Their ice time will differentiate based on PP and PK time.
- Francis Bouillon is not a top-six defender.
- Quintal, a free agent, is gone. Thanks for the time Q.

65 Ron Hainsey - 43 Patrice Brisebois
44 Sheldon Souray - 08 Mike Komisarek
79 Andrei Markov - 52 Craig Rivet
51 Francis Bouillon

Old
12-31-2003, 02:29 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Juneau, Dackell, Quintal, Perreault, Langdon will be UFA's. Juneau has already stated he may retire due to his back, and Quintal has said something along the lines that he doesn't think he has much of a future with the Habs with Komo and Hainsey in the near future. (something like that, I forget what he said word for word).

I pray Perreault is gone, I can't stand another season with him on the team. Juneau I think may retire, we need more offense from the 3rd line, but we will miss his intelligent game and defensive coverage/PK duties. Dackell is ok, and still young, it's a tough call. I can't see us putting in a bunch of rookies next year, so perhaps he is brought back if he's interested. Langdon plays too much for my liking, as he takes too many stupid penalties, but I wouldn't mind seeing him brought back if he's interested.

Souray, Zednik, Gratton, Ribeiro, Blouin, Traverse, Fichaud, Damphousse (team option?), Dagenais (team option?), Thinel, Marois, Dwyer, Michaud, Ryder ?, are all RFA's this summer.

Souray must be signed, 3+ years I hope 10M over 4 years?
Zednik must be signed, 2 years or so
Gratton I hope they sign
Ribeiro should be signed
Blouin must be let go
Traverse must be let go
Fichaud very tough call, I'd sign him and go with 3 goalies in Hamilton
Damphousse has been getting better lately, should definitly be signed
Dagenais should be signed. I'm not a fan of his, but he's producing plain and simple.
Thinel could be useful in Hamilton on the 3rd or 4th, but I would consider letting him go, he's doing ok in the ECHL, nothing major though.
Marois I would sign over Thinel, as he's showing a major improvement over last year, where he just flat out stunk up the ECHL, and was sent to the CHL (New Mexico?)
Dwyer I would consider signing for Hamilton, but only a 2-way
Michaud I would sign
Ryder a duh, of course if need be

Then sign Lambert, Deveaux, Urquhart, Locke, Glenn, Kastsitsyn and Korneev.

For next year, I'd like to see Higgins and Plekanec as regular forwards with Hainsey on the team. Balej, Perezhogin, and Beauchemin should all get some games at some point I hope.

Old
01-01-2004, 04:36 AM
aHab

Only current Habs players & prospects listed in every lineup. There simply isn't enough real top line talent among Habs prospects to build a real contender in future. So the top line talent has to be acquired from outside (trades/UFA's etc.).

I've been waiting to see that real 1st line winger in Canadiens ever since Recchi was traded... That was almost five years ago and still no sign of that winger.

Old
01-01-2004, 07:08 AM
Traitor8

If our prospects develop correctly.....

I thought about it for some time now and I came up with this needs for the team:

- #1 Power Forward
- Enforcer that can play hockey too

And A potentiel need as it could or couldn't be needed:

- A #1 center. Is Koivu healthy enough to compete for all playoffs?

Goalies: No Problem..Theo,Garon,Michaud,Damphousse,Halak.

Defense: Souray,Komisarek,Hainsey,Brisebois,Rivet,Markov. No Problem there.

Offense: Size-Playmaker-Shot for top line

4th line:
Begin: Everything you want.
Ward: Everything you want.
Langdon: He can't play hockey. Need possible replacement.

3rd line:
Bulis: Fast,defensively aware while having offensive instincts.
Plekanec/Hossa:Hossa brings size if he actually wants to play while Pleks bring creativity and awarness on the defensive line.
Ryder: Gritty, Hard Worker and same as Bulis.

2nd line:
Shot:Balej/Zednik: Quick,booming and accurate shot.Good Position
Playmaker: Mike Ribeiro/Saku Koivu
Shoterezhogin/Zednik:Quick, loads of offense potentiel, knows Defense.

1st line: We need a line that will make other teams adjust to us instead of us adjusting to them and the #1 line needs to be a line that we can throw out there at any possible time even against their #1.

Size: We desperatly need a PF->Via trade route by trading picks and prospects.....Jarome Iginla or Todd Bertuzzi? Will Van still be a contender in 3 yrs time? Possibly Draft Rotislav Olesz ??

Centre: Could Be Saku Koivu are another player..wil be determined in next 1yr and a half.

Shot: Andrei Kostsitsyn. Loads of speed, moves and creativity. Loves the pressure in Montreal and wants the puck at crucial times and finds a way of getting it. Is a gamebreaker.

Old
01-01-2004, 06:08 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aHab
Only current Habs players & prospects listed in every lineup. There simply isn't enough real top line talent among Habs prospects to build a real contender in future. So the top line talent has to be acquired from outside (trades/UFA's etc.).

I've been waiting to see that real 1st line winger in Canadiens ever since Recchi was traded... That was almost five years ago and still no sign of that winger.

Sorry but I have to completely diasagree with this post. This is the exact attitude that lead us to where we are right now by trading guys that where starting to show signs (I.e. LeClair). Ryder will likely hit the 40pts mark in his rookie year and this is quite good. The last montreal rookie to hit 40pts in his rokkie season was Koivu with 45. Ryder is showing that he can compete and will only get better.... His performance today is not amongst the best fro a guy with 1st line ice time, but next year may be a very different story!

We have talent and we need patience...there are unfortunatly no other road to success.

Old
01-01-2004, 06:17 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Shot: Andrei Kostsitsyn. Loads of speed, moves and creativity. Loves the pressure in Montreal and wants the puck at crucial times and finds a way of getting it. Is a gamebreaker.
How can you say that about the pressure of Montreal, he never played here

Old
01-01-2004, 06:38 PM
Traitor8

it's known that he loves pressure and I just wrote he loves the pressure in Montreal...i meant:

He loves pressure which bonds well for his futur in Montreal..

Closed Thread