Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > General Sports
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Sports Other sports without their own forum, and general sports talk

Any golfers here?

Old
07-15-2011, 05:21 PM
Bob Cole

vCash: 500
played 80 today...my index is at 6.7 now.

I have to get in better shape. Im pulling a bunch of shots late in rounds due to fatigue. Time to hit the gym I think

Is anyone here familiar with Myrtle Beach? Im going down in August and have a few questions.

Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 11:00 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
played 80 today...my index is at 6.7 now.

I have to get in better shape. Im pulling a bunch of shots late in rounds due to fatigue. Time to hit the gym I think

Is anyone here familiar with Myrtle Beach? Im going down in August and have a few questions.
Pulls could also come from poor alignment. For single digit handicaps a poor setup (whether it be ball position or alignment) is often the cause of bad shots.

I played one of the worst rounds I have played in years and literally did not hit a single shot on the center of the clubface. I really thought the reason was because my "new swing" was letting me down. I get the range and start working on the swing and my father comes up to me. He points out that my shoulders are aimed literally 30 yards left of my target. As soon as I squared them up, I hit shot after shot dead online and solid.

I have never been to Myrtle, but can't say that I would choose to go south in the hottest month of the summer. I'm actually heading up to Turning Stone outside of Syracuse, NY this weekend and, unfortunately, the huge heatwave will be there too. I had hoped to play 36 on Saturday, but will stop after 18 so that I'm not playing the second 18 when it will be 95 degrees.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Canadian Chris

vCash: 748
2 week vacation to Palm Springs area for golf....not much better than that in January! By 1pm tomorrow I'll have 5 rounds in since Sunday (Jan 8). LOOOOVE coming down here

Canadian Chris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 09:48 AM
pelts35.com

Have a great time!

Very late, but here are pictures from the Atunyote course at Turning Stone. IMO if this course was in Florida or any other major golf destination, this course would be a Golf Digest Top 25 places to play.

http://sports.webshots.com/album/581912569eslJbD

On the golf front, after not touching a club since October I've been starting my preseason putting practice on a daily basis. I'm hoping that I'll be able to pick up on the strong finish I had last year and will take this season by storm.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:07 PM
korqeldroma

I played two rounds in Mazatlan while on holidays a few weeks ago. There's some definite rust going on.

korqeldroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

Got my best score ever last week. Shot an 80! Can't wait to shoot in the 70's!

06-04-2012, 05:31 PM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

Played Bear Mountain in Victoria last week, the mountain course.

It was amazing, getting back down to the high 70's, but right now I am stuck in the low 80s, but that is all good.

VanIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Canadian Chris

I played the Mountain Course at Bear Mountain last september and loved it. Plan on heading back in the near future. Have you played Crown Isle this year? How's it condition wise?

Old
06-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Thricecube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Chris View Post
I played the Mountain Course at Bear Mountain last september and loved it. Plan on heading back in the near future. Have you played Crown Isle this year? How's it condition wise?
I played Crown last weekend. It's in mint condition right now.

Thricecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:15 PM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

Quote:
Yea as stated above Crown is in great shape.

Not a big fan though I like Storey Creek, Glacier Greens, Pheasant Glenn.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Canadian Chris

Good to hear. Might make the trip up and play Crown Isle and the base this weekend.

I was amazed at the condition of Storey Creek when I played...back around the 20th of April. Was in CR for a hockey tourney and we got a couple rounds in. Absolutely perfect conditions.

Old
06-20-2012, 05:47 PM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

Quote:
Good to hear. Might make the trip up and play Crown Isle and the base this weekend.

I was amazed at the condition of Storey Creek when I played...back around the 20th of April. Was in CR for a hockey tourney and we got a couple rounds in. Absolutely perfect conditions.
Storey is amazing, and only $25 after 4 p.m.

How is Nanaimo Golf Club, I have never played but have always wanted too, I have played Fairwinds, Morningstar, in that area, and I get to play Arbutus Ridge in mid July, anything I should know?

Old
06-21-2012, 09:30 PM
korqeldroma

I earned my first birdie today!

korqeldroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Canadian Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
Storey is amazing, and only $25 after 4 p.m.

How is Nanaimo Golf Club, I have never played but have always wanted too, I have played Fairwinds, Morningstar, in that area, and I get to play Arbutus Ridge in mid July, anything I should know?
$25 after 4pm!?! Hmmm...and I'm heading camping up Gold River way next weekend...may have to drag my clubs along Thursday afternoon! hahaha

Nanaimo is good. Usually in excellent condition, but imo, overpriced...I've only played it a few times however. Also a very busy course anytime I've been there, including mid week.

Definitely worth checking out though. Couple of interesting holes and some great views.

I am a big fan of Fairwinds - just picked up the 20rd pass they offer and got 4 extra rds with it. Just need the weather to cooperate so I can get out some more haha

Old
06-24-2012, 05:08 PM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

Quote:
$25 after 4pm!?! Hmmm...and I'm heading camping up Gold River way next weekend...may have to drag my clubs along Thursday afternoon! hahaha

Nanaimo is good. Usually in excellent condition, but imo, overpriced...I've only played it a few times however. Also a very busy course anytime I've been there, including mid week.

Definitely worth checking out though. Couple of interesting holes and some great views.

I am a big fan of Fairwinds - just picked up the 20rd pass they offer and got 4 extra rds with it. Just need the weather to cooperate so I can get out some more haha
I'm going to Gold River too and am going to Play some golf up there the course is so hilly and rolly.

I'll be up there on Friday for the ball tournament. Of you see a guy wearing a black Titleist hat that is me.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:58 AM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
I golf at Lost Brook in Norwood MA, fairly challenging par 3. My best on 18 is 80. My best for a round of 9 is a 36. You guys must all be ridiculously good.

I suck pretty bad, so if I can play bogey golf for as long as possible I am very happy with that. The last two times out I birdied though (the only two birds of my life) so I'm hitting my stride! One was 200 and the other 145 yards.

The sad thing is I was on the golf team in high school. I was considered "JV" so my scores didn't count for the team. I just did it with friends for free golf at ritzy courses.

chuckdobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:48 AM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
I golf at Lost Brook in Norwood MA, fairly challenging par 3. My best on 18 is 80. My best for a round of 9 is a 36. You guys must all be ridiculously good.

I suck pretty bad, so if I can play bogey golf for as long as possible I am very happy with that. The last two times out I birdied though (the only two birds of my life) so I'm hitting my stride! One was 200 and the other 145 yards.

The sad thing is I was on the golf team in high school. I was considered "JV" so my scores didn't count for the team. I just did it with friends for free golf at ritzy courses.
If you can play 80's golf you can play with anyone. I was stuck in the 80's for ever and then one day it just worked out and I started shooting high 70's and that for me is amazing.

I shot 78 at Gold river 3 over on the front 5 over on the back.

Old
07-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

Quote:
If you can play 80's golf you can play with anyone. I was stuck in the 80's for ever and then one day it just worked out and I started shooting high 70's and that for me is amazing.

I shot 78 at Gold river 3 over on the front 5 over on the back.
He said it was a par 3 course.

Great place to practice however.

I finally broke 80 a couple of times this season. a 79 and a 74 on a par-71 course.

Penguins23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:19 AM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

After having to sell my set I am finally putting a new one together.

Taylormade r11s driver 9* stiff
Burner 2.0 irons stiff

So far

TheGooooch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 11:46 AM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
After having to sell my set I am finally putting a new one together.

Taylormade r11s driver 9* stiff
Burner 2.0 irons stiff

So far
The r11s is amazing, I have the 10.5 RBZ still, and it is long and straight.

Gotta play golf as it is the only sport I have any real chance left at going pro

Old
07-20-2012, 09:39 AM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
The r11s is amazing, I have the 10.5 RBZ still, and it is long and straight.

Gotta play golf as it is the only sport I have any real chance left at going pro
That is what I have heard about it. I have heard a ton of good things about the burners too, they felt good when I tried them out. Just curious if I should have gone with the 120 shafts or the 85s (got the 85s)

TheGooooch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 04:59 PM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Had no idea there was a golf thread until I did some exploring today!

Hardcore golfer here and I've been playing since I was about 4. My game has never been better than it was last summer when I was done with school and playing everyday. Had the handicap down to about a 4.

Now with work and various other things I'm only able to play about once a week. Really frustrating..

Anyways, my sister is studying abroad in spain so I've been thinking about visiting her and catching a flight to play st andrews while I'm there. 6 hour flight, not bad.

BrodeursCups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 01:51 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
Had no idea there was a golf thread until I did some exploring today!

Hardcore golfer here and I've been playing since I was about 4. My game has never been better than it was last summer when I was done with school and playing everyday. Had the handicap down to about a 4.

Now with work and various other things I'm only able to play about once a week. Really frustrating..

Anyways, my sister is studying abroad in spain so I've been thinking about visiting her and catching a flight to play st andrews while I'm there. 6 hour flight, not bad.
Tell me about it.. My long game is still pretty decent but I have absolutely no feel around the greens.. I was down to a 5 at one point, but I've only broken 80 twice this year.. Probably playing closer to a 10-11 now.

Its incredible how quick you can lose it.. I went from 80-100 rounds per year, to about 20 these past few and its like all those years of practice around the greens are gone.

sparxx87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 11:47 AM
coupe89

I will have a new driver thanks to Taylormade. I won their Drive of the year contest.

coupe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:45 PM
josephwild123
Wild Idiot

vCash: 626
I played golf only once and it was a school trip. . I won though.

josephwild123 is offline   Reply With Quote