Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > General Sports
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Sports Other sports without their own forum, and general sports talk

Any golfers here?

Old
08-26-2010, 05:12 PM
cpmCBJ

vCash: 500
Looks like he was hitting fairway woods all day off the tee. Good strategy. I'd rather hit a ~250-270 yard shot in the fairway than a 300+ yard shot deep into the rough.

cpmCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 05:20 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
I'm really looking forward to golfing in Kelowna.
Where you gonna play. I have played "The Bear" and "Tower Ranch" right in Kelowna. Both very nice courses

bennysflyers16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2010, 09:39 AM
bennysflyers16

Off to watch the LPGA today, they are in Winnipeg

bennysflyers16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2010, 04:23 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Off to watch the LPGA today, they are in Winnipeg
Why? What did you do to deserve such a punishment?

Sorry, but I have little to no interest in going to a PGA event, let alone an LPGA one. If it's nice enough to be on a golf course, I'd rather be playing. The one and only exception is Augusta.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 06:16 PM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

Well with the time change and good weather we're having in my part of the world right now I'm really getting excited for golf season.

I'm looking to buy some new Taylor Made irons. Anyone have any suggestions for good sites to buy from?

03-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Raging Bull

Going down to Myrtle Beach next week to play three rounds, Shaftesbury Glen, Glen Dornoch and Heather Glen. Haven't swung a club since I played in the Dominican in January, should be interesting....

Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 09:05 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
Going down to Myrtle Beach next week to play three rounds, Shaftesbury Glen, Glen Dornoch and Heather Glen. Haven't swung a club since I played in the Dominican in January, should be interesting....
Have a great time.

I played the last 2 weekends and there's a lot of rust on my swing. I really need it to warm up so I can get some practice time in.

My bag may be in for a major overhaul this year. I've already replaced my driver with the R11 and have new wedges on order (Wilson FG Tours from their tour department). I'm seriously contemplating new irons as well, possibly the FG Tours with Project X 5.5 shafts, but may look at some other options as well.

Old
03-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Lagolf31

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Have a great time.

I played the last 2 weekends and there's a lot of rust on my swing. I really need it to warm up so I can get some practice time in.

My bag may be in for a major overhaul this year. I've already replaced my driver with the R11 and have new wedges on order (Wilson FG Tours from their tour department). I'm seriously contemplating new irons as well, possibly the FG Tours with Project X 5.5 shafts, but may look at some other options as well.
Try the KBS Tour shafts, I promise you will not regret it. I played the Project X shafts for a couple years and switched to the KBS last year, and will never go back.

Lagolf31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 08:22 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagolf31 View Post
Try the KBS Tour shafts, I promise you will not regret it. I played the Project X shafts for a couple years and switched to the KBS last year, and will never go back.
I'm able to get a really good deal on the FG Tours with the PX 5.5's, but, if for some reason that deal falls through I will go to my fitter and try the KBS. I've heard good things about them, but I've never hit them. I have hit a number of different irons with the PX 5.5's and really liked the feel and the ballflight.

Whatever I do get I can say for certain that I won't be getting anything with DG S300's.

Old
05-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Happy Pony

Shot even for the first time ever today. I've come pretty close (+3) but was able to put it all together today.

I had my set bent/shortened/re-gripped over the winter and I'm using a much more consistent swing. It's taken some getting used to on the range but I'm quite happy with the results.

Happy Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 06:45 PM
MatthewT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Pony View Post
Shot even for the first time ever today. I've come pretty close (+3) but was able to put it all together today.

I had my set bent/shortened/re-gripped over the winter and I'm using a much more consistent swing. It's taken some getting used to on the range but I'm quite happy with the results.
congrats, I played well today too. -4.

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Kunitziwa

Send a message via AIM to Kunitziwa
Anyone in here ever have a problem with the Taylormade Burner Driver? I have an '07 model I bought in '09 and now their is a crack on the head of the driver. I was told by Taylormade and my local pro shop that it is out of warranty. My pro shop also said that it cannot be refurbished because they do not make the parts for it anymore. However he mentioned that most TM shafts have the same diameter for their drivers (.350 I believe it was) Is there anywhere I can buy a new head for the club? I do not want to spend another $199+ if I can get this fixed for under $75 or so.

Kunitziwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 12:53 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaalForOne View Post
Anyone in here ever have a problem with the Taylormade Burner Driver? I have an '07 model I bought in '09 and now their is a crack on the head of the driver. I was told by Taylormade and my local pro shop that it is out of warranty. My pro shop also said that it cannot be refurbished because they do not make the parts for it anymore. However he mentioned that most TM shafts have the same diameter for their drivers (.350 I believe it was) Is there anywhere I can buy a new head for the club? I do not want to spend another $199+ if I can get this fixed for under $75 or so.
I have never had a problem with a TM driver and, to be honest, I'm surprised that they didn't replace it. Their customer service is typically very good and I've heard similiar stories where they have replaced older clubs with the newer version even if out of warranty.

If the head is cracked, it cannot be "refurbished" though. It has nothing to do with parts, it just can't be repaired.

Assuming that it is the retail TM and not a TP, the shaft should be .350 in diameter, so, yes, you could purchase a new head and use that shaft, but I honestly don't know why you would. Check out some of the online retailers and their deals on previous years models or on eBay. TGW has the '09 Burner on sale for $129.00

Old
06-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Kunitziwa

Send a message via AIM to Kunitziwa
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
I have never had a problem with a TM driver and, to be honest, I'm surprised that they didn't replace it. Their customer service is typically very good and I've heard similiar stories where they have replaced older clubs with the newer version even if out of warranty.

If the head is cracked, it cannot be "refurbished" though. It has nothing to do with parts, it just can't be repaired.

Assuming that it is the retail TM and not a TP, the shaft should be .350 in diameter, so, yes, you could purchase a new head and use that shaft, but I honestly don't know why you would. Check out some of the online retailers and their deals on previous years models or on eBay. TGW has the '09 Burner on sale for $129.00
Yea I checked eBay for heads only and they are around $50 + Shipping. I could probably get a new club for a little over that with Dick's current deal. I also went into Golf Galaxy and they told me the same thing about refurbishing. What is TGW?

Kunitziwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 10:36 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 50
Hittin the links again today, still looking to break 80 for the first time this year. Damn, some of you guys on here are ****ing good.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 02:38 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaalForOne View Post
Yea I checked eBay for heads only and they are around $50 + Shipping. I could probably get a new club for a little over that with Dick's current deal. I also went into Golf Galaxy and they told me the same thing about refurbishing. What is TGW?
The Golf Wearhouse. www.tgw.com

Whatever deal you get at Dicks should be the same at Golf Galaxy since Dicks owns GG.

Old
06-07-2011, 01:28 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

Fired an 82 yesterday. 40 on the front, 42 on the back. That was with doubles on 17 and 18. Such a frustrating end to the round. Could have parred out for a 78 with 2 holes left....****.

On a side note, I am looking to spend about 100 bucks on some golf shoes this week, what would people recommend? I am thinking some black Footjoys.

Old
06-07-2011, 11:52 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Fired an 82 yesterday. 40 on the front, 42 on the back. That was with doubles on 17 and 18. Such a frustrating end to the round. Could have parred out for a 78 with 2 holes left....****.

On a side note, I am looking to spend about 100 bucks on some golf shoes this week, what would people recommend? I am thinking some black Footjoys.
For $100, you cannot go wrong with these

http://www.shop.puma.com/Jigg-Golf-S...tml?cgid=23220

And, with this coupon code, you can get 30% off if you buy direct from Puma

http://www.couponshare.com/go.aspx?d...5-00004d0e41cd

Old
06-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Canadian Chris

Quote:

I love my Contours. Bought them just before my trip to Palm Springs in January and didn't have a single issue with them right from the start! So comfortable....I got them for $75, so less than you are looking RS.

I've also got a pair of Addidas Tour 360 3.0's....and they're probably the comfiest golf shoes I've ever worn...but you can't go wrong with the Footjoys

Canadian Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 05:52 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
A bit disappointed in my first round of the season last Thursday. I shot an 92, but I went from shooting a 42 on the front 9 with a bunch of one putts to shooting a 50 on the back 9 with a couple different three putts. I hit the water a couple times on the back 9 but that was mostly due to overestimating how much club I would need, that's one of those things that usually takes me about 3-4 rounds a year before I have it down. Hoping to shoot around 80 on that course by the end of golf season. God knows I've played harder courses.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 08:51 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

Thnx for the input on shoes guys. I'm very torn because I HATE how all the modern shoes are made to look like runners. Don't like that at all. I like a classic look and preferably black because it goes with any colour I might want to wear....and white gets dirty too easy.

Old
06-08-2011, 04:48 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Thnx for the input on shoes guys. I'm very torn because I HATE how all the modern shoes are made to look like runners. Don't like that at all. I like a classic look and preferably black because it goes with any colour I might want to wear....and white gets dirty too easy.
Dont get these things then

Trying to get some new clubs as a graduation/birthday present. Thinking about getting these guys with either Project X 5.5's or 6.0's. Not too sure.

http://www.golfio.com/golf-equipment...-set/57702.htm

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Canadian Chris

Quote:
In fact, here's the Addidas 360 3.0 in all black

and the one's I got...I've been on a red and black kick the past few yrs...

Canadian Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 11:42 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

Bought some FootJoy ultra lights.

Ended up getting 150 dollars in gift cards for my birthday...bought those shoes...a pack of Pro-V1 X's and got a huge fat grip put on my putter!

Then proceeded to break 80 for the first time this year with a 77. Was a good day.

Old
06-11-2011, 02:23 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

More questions...this time about balls.

What kind of balls do you guys use? I must say that I'm a big spin guy and love to be able to control my ball around the greens alot. Pro V1's have always been my ball of choice.

Anyways, for my birthday I bought a dozen Prov's with a gift card...and shortly after that a buddy of mine bought me the exact same kind for me. The 2010 model...the Pro-V1 X's. A great ball and I love the feeling of them, just wondering if I should diversify, by returning a dozen of them and trying out something else.

What are some other "spin" or "softer" balls out there? I asked the guy at Golftown and he recommend the new Taylor Made Penta. A nice ball and I love the look and touch of them...just never actually used it. They also happen to be on sale. Should I return my Titleists and spend some extra money to try out the Pentas?