HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Anything about Center Ice?

Old
07-14-2007, 07:38 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
Anything about Center Ice?

Anyone hear anything about this years package yet? Price I'm assuming will go up, but more notably: are they gona start getting some damn HD feeds through on center ice?

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2007, 07:41 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
There is talk that they will do online streaming this year... Haven't looked into it though as I live in an area that gets MSG.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2007, 07:44 PM
vladmyir111

That's nice for people who cant afford tvs I guess

But I know theres a lot of people like me who'd like to actually watch some games in HD this year that don't live close enough for MSGnet

Old
07-14-2007, 08:10 PM
rangerfan_79

Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
Last year optonline.net streamed alot of the ranger games. If you were a cable customer with a family package plan or better it was a free service. When the game went to commercial for the tv audience the online stream continued covering (unintentionally I think) sam & joe talking about the players, games, etc...

rangerfan_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2007, 09:22 PM
NHLtoNIGHT

Dishnetwork has an NHL HD channel. It's off air right now because of the offseason but all the OLN playoff games were on that channel. I don't know how it works in the regular season because I got dish after the fact.

NHLtoNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2007, 10:01 PM
RangersMoogle

Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
Did any of you guys watch TSN's Free Agent Frenzy online this year? If they can give us streams that look that nice, I will be very happy.

RangersMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2007, 12:44 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
I have Cox Cable here in Hartford, CT area so I'll definitely be considering the package this year. I know they aren't blacked out like the Mets are on Extra Innings (for no reason...we don't even get SNY).

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2007, 12:50 AM
BJo

NHL center ice is probably the greatest invention of all time. No joke at all here. There isn't much better than cracking open a cold beer at 10 pm getting ready to watch Calgary v. Edmonton.

BJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2007, 03:23 AM
ArtieAnisimov

I love NHL Center Ice, it allows me to watch something better than whats on tv at 7 when the Rangers aren't on and on the big screen tv also. I caught some very exciting games. I always made plans to watch all the games on a good weekend starting at 7 and ending when the last western conference game ends around 1. I even got to see the Canucks-Stars quadruple overtime playoff game on NHL center ice during my spring break.

ArtieAnisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2007, 05:42 AM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
I probably have to get it on my computer this year... I don't think I can get it at college.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2007, 07:49 AM
hooter1194

have it, couldn't live without it, wife hates it, wins all around

hooter1194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2007, 07:52 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooter1194 View Post

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2007, 08:40 AM
vladmyir111

Quote:
That about sums it up

now if only center ice feeds started coming in HD

Old
07-15-2007, 09:09 AM
alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerfan_79 View Post
Last year optonline.net streamed alot of the ranger games. If you were a cable customer with a family package plan or better it was a free service. When the game went to commercial for the tv audience the online stream continued covering (unintentionally I think) sam & joe talking about the players, games, etc...
I tried watching games using this, while in DC, and although I am a cablevision customer they didn't let me view the program because I was not using Optonline or not within the coverage area. They asked for my username/pass and that went fine but at the last second they just said no. They might have changed it since I tried, I doubt it though.

alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Pugs35

Anyone know how much the online version will be going for this season? I know it was something like $49 for the last month and playoffs last year, but you'd have to think they'll charge more for the full season.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugs35 View Post
Anyone know how much the online version will be going for this season? I know it was something like $49 for the last month and playoffs last year, but you'd have to think they'll charge more for the full season.
Well yeah, would you pay for an entire season subscription to only be able to watch the last month of reg season?

From what I hear its pretty steep, but everyone who has it always says its worth it.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2007, 11:09 AM
RangersMoogle

Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
I read somewhere that if you get Center Ice from your cable or satillite provider, you'll have access to the online feed. Has this been confirmed?

RangersMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2007, 02:12 PM
ArtieAnisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersMoogle View Post
I read somewhere that if you get Center Ice from your cable or satillite provider, you'll have access to the online feed. Has this been confirmed?
That didnt happen with me but with the tv package you can get the online feed cheaper

ArtieAnisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 09:06 AM
The_Great_1

I've been a long time Center Ice subscriber and while I liked the online streaming of games I don't think it should effect the price of the television package I would also like to see them try to get some HD feeds rather than online streaming.

The_Great_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 03:13 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjoelson View Post
NHL center ice is probably the greatest invention of all time. No joke at all here. There isn't much better than cracking open a cold beer at 10 pm getting ready to watch Calgary v. Edmonton.
+1

I got Center Ice in 2000 and I hope to have it for the rest of my life. It just doesn't beat Hockey Night in Canada on a saturday night with Leafs vs. Insert team here at 7 with Don Cherry in the first intermission and then Calgary/Edmonton or Edmonton/Vancouver at 10.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 03:43 PM
The_Great_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
+1

I got Center Ice in 2000 and I hope to have it for the rest of my life. It just doesn't beat Hockey Night in Canada on a saturday night with Leafs vs. Insert team here at 7 with Don Cherry in the first intermission and then Calgary/Edmonton or Edmonton/Vancouver at 10.
Yeah but with Center Ice you can get HNIC with Ron and Don and even the After Hours show at least you can in my market

The_Great_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 08:28 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Great_1 View Post
Yeah but with Center Ice you can get HNIC with Ron and Don and even the After Hours show at least you can in my market
Most of the time I get After Hours on my DIRECTV package. A few times it even has gone past the show and into the late-night movie that they show afterwards (usually some spy movie or something from the 60's)

Although there have been many times when they cut it off only a few minutes after the game ended, so it depends on their mood I guess.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 09:56 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

What I'd like to say before I respond to people's quotes...

ORDER IT IN WHILE THE EARLY BIRD SPECIAL IS ON, THEY KNOCK OFF AROUND $50. IT USUALLY COMES UP IN THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON.

Sorry for the effects, but had to get that across. Moving on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjoelson View Post
Amen, brother.

Quote:
Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
Well yeah, would you pay for an entire season subscription to only be able to watch the last month of reg season?

From what I hear its pretty steep, but everyone who has it always says its worth it.
It is, it's worth every damn penny.

Invest in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
Most of the time I get After Hours on my DIRECTV package. A few times it even has gone past the show and into the late-night movie that they show afterwards (usually some spy movie or something from the 60's)

Although there have been many times when they cut it off only a few minutes after the game ended, so it depends on their mood I guess.
Yeah what is up with that. Sometimes, they'll drop the ball like a greased-up running back and you'll get to watch some of the late night movie or the next program they have running. After hours is always great because Don Cherry is always rambling, and Kelly Hrudey is always making a fool of himself in someway. The guy is a glutton for pain.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Nich

honestly, can't live with out it. now i need to get dvr to record the early start games.....but cheers to being able to watch all the games with this time zone.

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 10:10 PM
Jagr68Lundqvist30

I have it, and love it

Hockey Day in Canada is always the best, easily the best day for people who like hockey in general

Jagr68Lundqvist30 is offline   Reply With Quote