HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rumor: Ottawa-Florida

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2004, 10:28 AM
Crossbar

vCash: 500
Rumor: Ottawa-Florida

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/h...ports-panthers

Quote:
NHL (Not Here Long)

Tough-guy Wade Brookbank, traded to the Panthers on Monday, was claimed off waivers Wednesday by the Vancouver Canucks.

This season, Brookbank has been the property of Ottawa, Nashville, Vancouver, back to Ottawa, Florida and now back to Vancouver.

The Panthers will receive a $90,000 waiver fee from the Canucks.

According to sources, the Panthers never expected to get Brookbank in the first place. Apparently they were doing Ottawa a favor by acquiring him.

That favor is expected to be repaid in a deal currently in the works.
I think Panthers might be interested in acquiring a upper or lower end goaltending prospect as it was said they were looking to obtain one.

Old
01-01-2004, 10:44 AM
Reign Nateo

Marcus Nilson and Kristian Huselius spring to mind as possible future Sens. I would like to see the Sens go after Nilson and Hordichuk.

Old
01-01-2004, 12:43 PM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
Hordichuk.
I don't think Binghamton needs an enforcer. I assume that's what you mean though, because there is no room on this roster to add a goon, much less a no-talent one like Hordichuk.

Old
01-01-2004, 12:48 PM
Heimy

This wasn't any big favor, just a minor one. Given the Sens depth in net and Emery as their future, coupled with the Panthers lack of minders in their system, we might see Billy Thompson returned for little.

Old
01-02-2004, 04:45 PM
Heimy

Then again Fox Sports reports...

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Earlier this week the Panthers acquired much-traveled minor league tough guy Wade Brookbank from Ottawa for future considerations, which the Sun-Sentinel claimed was done "as a favor" to the Sens. The paper suggested that would be repaid in a deal being planned between the two clubs.
The Senators are believed in the market for more depth on their left wing, while the Panthers may be looking to shore up their blueline. Panthers netminder Roberto Luongo recently complained to team management over the number of shots he's faced the season (the Panthers lead the league in shots against), and GM Rick Dudley apparently assured Luongo help was on the way.

Given the depth of the Senators' defense corps, I believe they could offer up a defenseman like Shane Hnidy or veteran Curtis Leschyshyn in a package deal, or possibly even Karel Rachunek straight up for the talented but enigmatic Huselius.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rachenuk and Huselius' salaries are a wash. I might hate myself later but as a Panther fan I'm ready to make this deal.

Old
01-02-2004, 04:48 PM
Phaze

I doubt the Sens would give Rachunek for Huselius. Rachunek is a solid all around dman, and Huselius is a bit one dimensional IMO.

Old
01-03-2004, 01:41 AM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy
Rachenuk and Huselius' salaries are a wash. I might hate myself later but as a Panther fan I'm ready to make this deal.
With Volchenkov out for the season, trading Rachunek makes one of Hnidy or Lescychyn our #4 dman. No such deal will occur without another capable defenseman returning to Ottawa.

Old
01-03-2004, 03:05 PM
Clash*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
With Volchenkov out for the season, trading Rachunek makes one of Hnidy or Lescychyn our #4 dman. No such deal will occur without another capable defenseman returning to Ottawa.
Pavel Trnka? Andreas Lilja? Why not Matthieu Biron even?

Old
01-03-2004, 09:07 PM
Crossbar

What could the Panthers offer Ottawa for Shane Hnidy? I don't see anyone else on Ottawa's NHL roster being available other than Shane and he fits what the Panthers need (physical intimidating d-man) that wouldn't cost us anything valueable.

Closed Thread