HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

How available is Huselius

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2004, 06:01 PM
Starsdude

vCash: 500
How available is Huselius

Stars need scoring. I read where Huselius is available? has that changed with Dudley as coach. Would kapanen and a third even be close?

Old
01-04-2004, 01:21 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

The Stars do not need scoring despite what the stats tell you, look at their lines. What they need is someone with heart, dedication and leadership, a Barnes, a Lehtinen. Huselius is an enigmatic, one way floater, I would not want him on my team. If he had heart and all the things I just mentionted, I would agree, I'd trade for him in a heartbeat.

Old
01-04-2004, 01:24 AM
leafaholix*

What the hell makes you think Kristian Huselius doesn't have heart?

Old
01-04-2004, 01:32 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
What the hell makes you think Kristian Huselius doesn't have heart?
Since he floats, never helps on defense, is softer then Turgeon and Schastlivy together. He has all the skills in the world, but I do not like how it mixes up with his attitude..

Old
01-04-2004, 01:37 AM
leafaholix*

That's the kind of player he is... it doesn't mean he's got no heart.

To say that he has no heart because he's soft doesn't make sense.

Old
01-04-2004, 01:39 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
That's the kind of player he is... it doesn't mean he's got no heart.

To say that he has no heart because he's soft doesn't make sense.
All those those things together along with no dedication and such, I would most definitely understand of "no heart"..

Old
01-04-2004, 01:52 AM
leafaholix*

Ilya Kovalchuk is a super floater... has contributed very little defensively in his career... and is quite a soft player... does he have no heart?

Old
01-04-2004, 01:54 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Ilya Kovalchuk is a super floater... has contributed very little defensively in his career... and is quite a soft player... does he have no heart?
He's gritty, he is absolutely not soft. And he's very dedicated, for example his expressions while celebrating a goal. Poor example..

Old
01-04-2004, 02:07 AM
leafaholix*

Of the top offensive leaders in Florida (Jokinen, Bure, Kozlov, Huselius), Kristian has the better +/- over the last two and a half years.

I highly doubt he's a "floater"... or his +/- would be much worse.

Old
01-04-2004, 02:14 AM
PotiFan107

nice work sticking up for huselius... he has all the skills he needs to be a 30+ goal scorer.. just needs to anti up his game.. but he is available right now

Old
01-04-2004, 02:30 AM
Jeff Shafer
Established: 1987

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Shafer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
Since he floats, never helps on defense, is softer then Turgeon and Schastlivy together. He has all the skills in the world, but I do not like how it mixes up with his attitude..
you haven't seen Huselius play recently have you? let me fill you in, He's finishing his checks, he's playing defense, He's working hard and is skating in away I have never seen before he has his cofindence back and is ready to go every game. Also he's not floating much anymore.

Old
01-04-2004, 04:29 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffshaf
you haven't seen Huselius play recently have you? let me fill you in, He's finishing his checks, he's playing defense, He's working hard and is skating in away I have never seen before he has his cofindence back and is ready to go every game. Also he's not floating much anymore.
Don't go too far...yes he's actually making some checks as opposed to his past (but still shies away from contact at times too). But his defensive play has improved to the point that he's creating offensive chances for his linemates quite often. Surprising enough, Huselius is even playing on the 3rd line some these days (due to Horton's much improved play recently) and he doesn't look out of place that much.

If FL were to trade Kristian, it would be for a right-handed (potential top-pairing) bruising d-man who is still under 25 yrs old. Since Dallas doesn't have one of those to spare, it doesn't make sense to look at a deal between the 2 teams anyhow.

Old
01-04-2004, 04:51 AM
leafaholix*

So, you're expecting a physical #1 or #2 defenseman, under the age of 25 in exchange for Kristian Huselius?

As much as I like him as a player, goooooood luck.

Old
01-04-2004, 07:05 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichPanther

If FL were to trade Kristian, it would be for a right-handed (potential top-pairing) bruising d-man who is still under 25 yrs old. Since Dallas doesn't have one of those to spare, it doesn't make sense to look at a deal between the 2 teams anyhow.

I take it you are putting a heavy emphasis on potential top pairing bruising d-man under 25.

There are lots of those, it isn't until they are Huselius age (25) that that changes. With Huselius being just 25 he still might have some potential, but that is probably what can happen between the ears.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
01-04-2004, 07:43 AM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
im sure the names morrow and kapenen would be bandered around.

Old
01-04-2004, 07:50 AM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
The

floating of Mike Modano is killing me. I took him with the 7th pick in my fantasy draft and hasn't done piss all year.

Old
01-04-2004, 07:55 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
im sure the names morrow and kapenen would be bandered around.
There's a huge difference between the two, and there's not a chance in hell Morrow is even considered in any kind of trade talks right now whatsoever. Most certainly nor for Huselius...

And I do not think the Cats would have a serious interest in Kapanen. They have enough centers as it is, and have more coming up in the near future.

The cats and Stars are very bad trading partners, what the Cats want, the Stars can't afford to give up.

Old
01-04-2004, 08:01 AM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
There's a huge difference between the two, and there's not a chance in hell Morrow is even considered in any kind of trade talks right now whatsoever. Most certainly nor for Huselius...

And I do not think the Cats would have a serious interest in Kapanen. They have enough centers as it is, and have more coming up in the near future.

The cats and Stars are very bad trading partners, what the Cats want, the Stars can't afford to give up.
what about defense? that's the Cat's main flaw.

infact, i dont see a trade happening. neither side has compatible components imho.

just my 2 cents.

Old
01-04-2004, 08:09 AM
PantherBlood6*

Is Huselius available? Sure...everyones available for the right price...but I highly doubt he's traded. With his recent struggles his value is at an all time low and it would make no sense for Florida to move him right now.

Saying Huselius contributes none to the defensive end proves that you know nothing about him. He backchecks all the time, something Keenan made him do by force....is he soft? Yes he is...but that's just what he is, an extremely skilled forward.

Kapanen would be of zero interest to Florida...we're already overloaded with forwards. They already dumped Novoseltsev for nothing because of it, Samuelsson could be next. Niko will be a very good poor mans Lehtinen...but that's the last thing we need at this point.

Old
01-04-2004, 01:17 PM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichPanther
Don't go too far...yes he's actually making some checks as opposed to his past (but still shies away from contact at times too). But his defensive play has improved to the point that he's creating offensive chances for his linemates quite often. Surprising enough, Huselius is even playing on the 3rd line some these days (due to Horton's much improved play recently) and he doesn't look out of place that much.

Brewer was mentioned in Both FLA papers today so i wonder if a Huselius + deal for brewer is in the works. Maybe something like Laraque and Brewer for Huselius and Krajicek.

Old
01-04-2004, 03:26 PM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Are you saying you can't see a huge gap in the intensity of those two players

Closed Thread