HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tampa talking with Cullimore..

Closed Thread

Old
07-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

vCash: 900
Awards:
Tampa talking with Cullimore..

Quote:
The Cullimore inquiry is part of what general manager Jay Feaster said is an ongoing organizational debate about how to fill out the roster.
http://www.sptimes.com/2007/07/15/Li...ks_to_Cu.shtml

07-15-2007, 04:13 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 50
If he does sign and beats out Smaby I think I still rather have Janik at the 7th spot.

Old
07-15-2007, 04:36 PM
bladoww
Team of the Future

vCash: 500
I think I know what the team is trying to do here. The idea is that by improving the defense (as indicated by last season), the goaltending issue will fix itself. That's why we're staying with Denis, Holmer and Ramo. Not sure if I quite buy into that.

Now having Lukowich, Kuba, Boye, Ranger, and some decent prospects, I don't know if Cullimore is the right man. I just don't know if this game (the new NHL) is compatible with Jassen. We discovered that pretty quick last year with Richardson. If we do sign him, it better be dirt cheap because I'll see that as being the only perk to getting him back.

Old
07-15-2007, 05:32 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
ongoing organizational debate
So Torts doesnt want him, eh?

Old
07-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Timmy1973

Considering Montreal is already paying him over a million, I wouldn't complain if he signed for around the league minimum. With Craig still to be signed, this is just about all we could afford and still stick to our budget.

Old
07-15-2007, 05:39 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Id love to have Cullimore back, but I haven't really seen him play too much since he left tampa. He is a big guy that can hit, but I think hes got a lot slower in speed now with his age. Also with all of the young D we have waiting for a chance in the NHL, I think its more important to let them have playing time with the Boltz.

Old
07-15-2007, 06:25 PM
randyc

The Game Has Passed Him By

Pre-lockout and rule changes, Cullimore could play in the NHL. But with today's emphasis on speed and the rule changes regarding interference, clutching and grabbing, etc., Cully is not able to play this way.

He was a pariah in Chicago only exceeded by Aucoin. I think it speaks volumes that Montreal trades for him (a happy day for Hawks fans) and then buys him out. If Tampa signed him, he would be our #7 dman. I just think you have better alternatives among your prospects.

Old
07-16-2007, 11:57 AM
Yzerplan
I has one.

Cully possibly coming back? Even in a reserve spot at league min, how about............NO. Just, no.

Old
07-16-2007, 12:04 PM
ImaPuckhead

I think for the minimum and as a 6th or 7th guy ok.

Torts does not want him but I do not think they were happy with Janik and worry about having a rookie in there instead Janik does not step up.

I agree with above that says I would rather see Janik have a shot but having a veterean guy to come in could be helpful. However it did not work out for Luke last year so it all could be a waste of $$ anyway even at the minimum.

What I like about this is if there is internal debate then Sullivan has an opinion different than Torts and seems willing to fight about it. Unless Feaster is standing up to Torts (which could be the first time ever!) so I am leaning towards Sully doing it. Isn't that why Torts wanted to bring Sully in?

Should be interesting - do not think it makes a ton of difference either way. Their is alot of comp for those last couple d slots.

I am way more concerned about the second line than I am about 5-7 d-men at this point.

Puck

Old
07-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Yzerplan
I has one.

I'd rather bring back Nolan Pratt.

Old
07-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Timmy1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
I'd rather bring back Nolan Pratt.
I seem to remember hearing/reading in the local media that Pratt was looking for a payday (not the candy bar either.) Seeing the top 5 appears to be set, Pratt probably wants too much to be the sixth guy.

Closed Thread