HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can we please stop counting chickens??

Old
07-16-2007, 06:01 PM
g52*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to g52*
Everyone who claims that saying the Rangers will win the Cup this season is bad luck read this:

The New York Rangers WILL be the 2007-2008 Stanley Cup Champions.

Oh snap! Did I just say that?

I guess my plastic Dell keyboard is the X-factor on deciding how well the Rangers will do this season.

Because I pressed a few keys, the Rangers WONT win the Cup this season as a result of a curse/jinx.

Riiiiiggghhhttttttt.....

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 06:27 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
I'm definitely excited for this year. We have made some really nice moves that I believe will help a lot. That said, can we please stop talking about the Cup??? I see on people's sigs that we are going to win the Cup, and just a lot of talk like I remember hearing about 5 years back.

I'm all for excitement, but I think it's bad to even make mention of the prize!

Am I off base here?
i'm gonna let you in on a little secret...NOTHING any of us do, say, type, think, imagine or anything has ANY impact on ANYTHING. every fan (myself included) thinks we effect things so we'll wear the same thing to each game, we'll sit in the same seat and don't move, etc. but guess what if you do those same things every game and they win some and lose others your 'luck' did nothing. we have ZERO impact on anything and the only reason why we as fans think that we do is because we are all completely insane and in need of serious help

the actual team (players, coaches, etc) can't get too far ahead of themselves but there is no harm in fans doing it.

that said as far as winning the cup goes. when messier came here in 91 the FIRST thing he did was talk about the cup. and everyone was like "omg don't say that you are gonna jinx it" they were all afraid to talk about it. and messier was like BULL, that is the goal and if you are afraid to talk about it then you will never reach that goal.

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by g52 View Post
Everyone who claims that saying the Rangers will win the Cup this season is bad luck read this:

The New York Rangers WILL be the 2007-2008 Stanley Cup Champions.

Oh snap! Did I just say that?

I guess my plastic Dell keyboard is the X-factor on deciding how well the Rangers will do this season.

Because I pressed a few keys, the Rangers WONT win the Cup this season as a result of a curse/jinx.

Riiiiiggghhhttttttt.....

YAWN....

some of us don't say it because u look ******** saying it in July...A FULL 11 months before the stanley cup finals START!!!!

to each his own but i'd rather sit back and watch then proclaim us champions of anything...

i mean, how can any of us say that?

THIS TEAM HAS WON 4 CUPS IN 80 YEARS!!!!

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 08:03 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
YAWN....

some of us don't say it because u look ******** saying it in July...A FULL 11 months before the stanley cup finals START!!!!

to each his own but i'd rather sit back and watch then proclaim us champions of anything...

i mean, how can any of us say that?

THIS TEAM HAS WON 4 CUPS IN 80 YEARS!!!!
And right now you are looking ******** because you will NEVER think the Rangers have a shot before the season starts.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 08:05 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I think you all look ******** when you call each other ********. Disagreements are fine. But let's do it without name calling.

For that matter, if people don't find a thread to their liking, by all means feel free to no post in it.

07-16-2007, 08:10 PM
MrAlfie

im not superstitious at all, if you believe in jinx and that teams dont win the cup because some peeps on a messageboard are talking cup then i dont really know what to tell you.. I might aswell send you a matchbox, you might discover fire and be surprised of the modern world we live in.

that being said, the only thing that bother me about it is that it lures trolls to our board.. just imagine how stupid you will look if you predict the rangers to win the cup, and then they go on to miss the playoffs. it will be all hell break lose and you will see posters on our boards you dont even know they existed pointing with the finger at US (not at the person who predicted the cup) and go on and post childish stuff like "haha, you lose !!!"

just look at how much love buffalo got when they were eliminated.
no thank you.. i dont need that on here.. and im sure the mods dont really feel like cleaning up too much

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
And right now you are looking ******** because you will NEVER think the Rangers have a shot before the season starts.
I think the Rangers have a a shot....Who said i didn't think they had a "shot?"

I just won't post they will win the stanley cup...I've watched this team long enough NOT to say anything like that...

As you get older....as you watch the team year after year...as you watch sports year after year..you'll see that proclaiming a team champions of anything BEFORE the season starts is...well....i WON'T say it again...

Old
07-16-2007, 09:28 PM
rodmunch

Quote:

I just won't post they will win the stanley cup...I've watched this team long enough NOT to say anything like that...

As you get older....as you watch the team year after year...as you watch sports year after year..you'll see that proclaiming a team champions of anything BEFORE the season starts is...well....i WON'T say it again...
Talking to my Dad a lot, I can definately see where you come from, and I agree with it completly.

Any team that wants to win the cup has to want it badly enough to get it. As mentioned before, Messier wanted it enough to immediatly start talking about it. To me, you want to see a player be confident and believe in his team, even the cup isnt a totally realistic goal (look at Aaron Ward last year)

But I just hate it when other people try to proclaim and make predictions of what will happen, like what Boomer Esiason did last year. No need to put the pressure on the players.

rodmunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 10:32 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469 View Post
i'm gonna let you in on a little secret...NOTHING any of us do, say, type, think, imagine or anything has ANY impact on ANYTHING. every fan (myself included) thinks we effect things so we'll wear the same thing to each game, we'll sit in the same seat and don't move, etc. but guess what if you do those same things every game and they win some and lose others your 'luck' did nothing. we have ZERO impact on anything and the only reason why we as fans think that we do is because we are all completely insane and in need of serious help

the actual team (players, coaches, etc) can't get too far ahead of themselves but there is no harm in fans doing it.

that said as far as winning the cup goes. when messier came here in 91 the FIRST thing he did was talk about the cup. and everyone was like "omg don't say that you are gonna jinx it" they were all afraid to talk about it. and messier was like BULL, that is the goal and if you are afraid to talk about it then you will never reach that goal.

fact is...people count their chickens...and set themselves up for disappointment.

I just hate people talking about the stupid cup when we are two years removed from being the laughing stock of the league. It's annoying as hell.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 12:39 AM
ArtieAnisimov

I don't want to jinx the Rangers or expect too much yet. Lets wait and see, we have to win alot of games before we can win the cup and we're at 0 now.

ArtieAnisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 12:43 AM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Quote:
Thats not what he was saying though. He was saying to not get all excited over nothing. They may or they may not, we will just have to watch the season to see.

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Renney=Savior*

Quote:

i've only read a few people talk about winning the cup. The others like our chances. So calm down with telling other fans how to think and root.

Renney=Savior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renney=Savior View Post
i've only read a few people talk about winning the cup. The others like our chances. So calm down with telling other fans how to think and root.
i like our chances but i won't proclaim the team favorites....I certanly wouldn't say this team is going to win the cup...it's not about a jinx or luck (although it may have something to do with it) it's about looking stupid...giving the rest of us rangers fans that post on the board a bad name...

this team hasn't proven anything....

i dont' tell other fans what to think...re-read what i wrote...

Old
07-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Renney=Savior*

Quote:
i like our chances but i won't proclaim the team favorites....I certanly wouldn't say this team is going to win the cup...it's not about a jinx or luck (although it may have something to do with it) it's about looking stupid...giving the rest of us rangers fans that post on the board a bad name...

this team hasn't proven anything....

i dont' tell other fans what to think...re-read what i wrote...
New Yorkers always look stupid when it doesn't win. Lets face it your either with NY or against it. I dont worry about looking stupid with to much confidence cause the whole sports world loves it when we lose.

But we aren't the favorites I do agree there but we should be in the hunt.

Renney=Savior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 11:50 AM
Fletch

Predicting the Cup...

is almost like picking a number between 1 and 16, and even then 17-30 can come up. Personally, I wouldn't mind putting forth an argument where the Rangers ended the season, why they ended then, what they did to improve and why they're better than last season, and do that for the other 29 teams and come up and give an opinion that I like their chances. I'm not sure who picked Anaheim to win last season, or Carolina to win (or even be in it) or Tampa Bay to win (picking in July that is), so it's tough not to be wrong.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote