HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Icing Q and shooter tutor Q

Old
07-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Phoenix

vCash: 500
Icing Q and shooter tutor Q

Ok, just want to double check a simple Q......if my team ices the puck over to the offensive zone, as long as the other team touches it first, am i free to go after him? ie. I don't have to cross back to the blue line or anything?

2nd Q: Does anyone have any tips for shooting practice that won't destroy the neighbours windows? I usually set up a board in my backyard, and shoot pucks off a sheet, but I almost broke a window the other day from the rebound, and am now not very game to try again.

I saw hockeyshot has this wonderful looking shooter tutor - unfortunately its a bit out of my price range as well as out of the country, but any tips/recommendations would be great!

Thanks!

Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2007, 09:49 AM
SS

Send a message via AIM to SS
I don't quite understand the first question. If your team ices the puck and it crosses the goal line, its a whistle and the face off comes back into you zone. If you mean that your team just knocks it out of your zone and it doesn't pass the opposing goal line, then the puck is still live.

And on the second question. I feel your pain. The same thing happens to me. I don't miss often, but that on time you miss it always seems to hit something, lol. I usually just keep shooting from a close distance and I rarely miss.

SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2007, 11:04 AM
XweekendwarriorX

Your first question sounds like a mixture between icing and offsides. icing will happen if you throw the puck into the attacking zone before you cross over the red line and no matter what there is no tag up, and as soon as it crosses over the goal line the whistle will stop play unless someone touches it before it goes over the line or the ref thinks a player could have touched it but wanted the whistle. thats how i was of icing and that was about 15 years ago.

XweekendwarriorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2007, 09:24 PM
Phoenix

Ah, I think i have it - probably the others are just using a general slang when they tell me to "ice it" if i get desperate, ie. allow it to cross the centre line and a blue line - but I always thought a face-off got called, and so didn't understand when one of them "iced" it and one wasn't called.

I need to somehow find a way to attach some fishing line to my puck so the neighbours are safe from me...

Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote