HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canes re-acquire Cullen for Hutchinson, Barnes, 3rd in 2008

Old
07-27-2007, 09:44 PM
snakepliskin

vCash: 500
you guys must be bored as he11 to keep trashing our guys and managemnet who happened to play in the finals 2 out of the last 5 seasons--jumping on wallin mow huh--what the heck do you want from the guy? plays hard -plays consistent and stays healthy--he has been flat out solid for us-----and nitpicking JR in 20/20 hindsite on some of his deals without giving the guy any credit when he has hosed another team--how about hiring Laviolette? bad move there too i suppose

snakepliskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2007, 10:28 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniacforever View Post
Niclas Wallin is an underrated player if you think he's not at least one of the most solid 3rd pairing guys in the league right now. He does everything about average... which is what you need. You don't notice Wallin on the ice usually and that is meant to be taken in a good way. Tanabe will create more with his flash, but Wallin will prevent more with his strength and hockey IQ. I wouldn't go as far as to call him a Top 4 or anything, but he certainly is a player that many teams around the league would love to have at his number.
i was hoping for wallin instead of hutchinson. I hope he goes to a western team that can use him, I think hed do fine on the Sharks, kings, canucks, hawks.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 01:32 AM
kingmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
4 guys:
And that's if the cap keeps going up a bit each year (doubt it will go up 6 million 2 years in a row, but I think it still goes up a bit) which is entirely dependent on the Canadian dollar keeping its abnormally high value against the American dollar going.
Hey Dave (or anyone) what do you mean the cap going up is because of the CADxUSD exchange rate? I don't quite get what you mean. I do know that the USD is losing ground to lots of currencies. It is still hard for me to believe that USD is almost 1:1 with CAD. That is crazy. What is even crazier is that the CAD could be worth MORE before long.

BTW, I like how this thread has gotten in to debate about the definition of "one dimensional player."

Cheers guys!

kingmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 01:49 AM
kingmoore

One more Q. Wont Hutch most likely be waved? If so, why can't we just pick him back up?

kingmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 05:07 AM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storminator16 View Post
I get that a lot. It doesn't matter, the Internet is what it is. I gave an opinion because I'm a very opinionated guy. There was a time when I was quiet as a church mouse but you know what....I began to realize I don't give a rat's butt what other people think because I started to care more about what I thought. So, if I seem like an ass and a "it's my way or the highway"-type guy then you are 100% correct. I didn't agree with what someone said and I go overboard to prove how much I disagree with it because I'm right. Sometime I check myself but 99% of the time I don't anymore. That's me in a nutshell. My wife and 12 year old can attest to this, even though I keep it in check 25% of the time with them. :-p

From this site alone I have to read posts by guys who think they are arm-chair GMs, "cap"-ologists, and people who are jealous of these players we seem to care about so much. If my arrogant posts stands out a bit more then trust me, I'm not trying. I respect what you are saying even when I don't agree with it. Last time I check, I haven't called any of my fellow Caniacs blazing idiots or crack-heads, and if I have, I apologize. I reserve such words for Thrasher fans. :-p

So, for the record: I don't care for Jim Rutherford (even though I respect what he has done in the community) and I don't care for the Cullen re-acquisition (because Rutherford can't seem to get fixing the D is more important). Yeah, I'm such an ass.

edit: Oh, and I seem to think Nic Wallin is a #7 defenseman on most teams. I forgot about my error in forgetting to mention that. I'm such a n00b.
your fine. people have changed around here and it seems the old guard is getting lit up lately. you didnt say anything wrong. i dont agree that wallin is that far down our chart, but there isnt anything wrong with you thinking it.opinions are supposed to be what this is about, and ive seen a bit too much of newer posters chewing people out for not agreeing with them. that gets old quick, we're supposed to be on the same side - not mock others that dont feel the same way.
ive noticed a change in me as well. i used make sure every one of my posts was intelligent and thought out and showed i had this hockey knowledge and made sure everyone knew it. now i just dont care anymore about that and go simple but all the newer folk jump on me, and others seem to do the same over inflated knowledgeable poster posts i used to do. i cant talk smack, i used to do it too, but its been funny around here for sure. i like the new blood, but i hate to go back to who i used to be just to prove my opinion counts. ive been in this game for 30 years, and it took a couple of years to show i know my stuff. sucks to see we have to start over again because we dont wear the rose colored glasses. hang in, youre opinion counts at the very least as much as anyone else's.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 08:28 AM
caniacgirl12

Send a message via AIM to caniacgirl12 Send a message via MSN to caniacgirl12
It would be really boring around here if everyone felt the same way about our players (or other players).

Really, really boring.

07-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacgirl12 View Post
It would be really boring around here if everyone felt the same way about our players (or other players).

Really, really boring.
I totally agree with everything you've said here. I couldn't agree with you more.

Vagrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 09:25 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmoore View Post
Hey Dave (or anyone) what do you mean the cap going up is because of the CADxUSD exchange rate? I don't quite get what you mean. I do know that the USD is losing ground to lots of currencies. It is still hard for me to believe that USD is almost 1:1 with CAD. That is crazy. What is even crazier is that the CAD could be worth MORE before long.

BTW, I like how this thread has gotten in to debate about the definition of "one dimensional player."

Cheers guys!
Well, a large percentage of the leagues revenues are generated by the Canadian teams and sponsorships (somewhere close to 30%). If the revenue sharing goes back towards where it historically has been then the money generated by those sources won't be worth as much as it was the last two seasons. Historically the Canadian dollar has been around 1:.75, last year I think it was about 1:.90 or somewhere around there. With the revenues from those sources no longer being inflated then the league overall revenue will be down. Between gate reciepts, corporate sponsorships, etc, it's over 100 million US dollars that will need to be made up somewhere for the cap to stay at the same amount. I can see that happening but I really can't see the cap being pushed up more then another 2-3 million a year or so if the US dollar recovers rather then the 6 million we saw last year (the opening cap level was based off of low revenue estimations, I don't count that one).

My estimate is that PK is going to have to shell out about 4 million more next year (even with Grahame, Hedican and probably Stillman coming off the payroll) in order to keep this team together and probably another 4-5 million the next year with Cole and Staal needing to be re-signed.

Last edited by DaveG: 07-28-2007 at 09:31 AM.
DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 03:22 PM
CioCio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniacforever View Post
I totally agree with everything you've said here. I couldn't agree with you more.
ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz...

CioCio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacgirl12 View Post

Really, really boring.

I am also on board to that. Like I stated earlier in this thread, opinions are what make these boards go around. If it weren't and we were to all agree, our replys would all end up being a simple.

Quote:
Yup, my train of thought exactly, I agree.

Nothing wrong with debating, so long we people don't take it to a personal level and turn a thread nasty. A debate is a debate which is a simple difference in opinion being discussed. It is simply a difference of opinion which stirrs a debate. I may be fairly new here, but I was a former Moderator on carolinahurricanes.com for quite a while and collected quite a few thousand posts before I handed the duties down based on the fact I did not have the time anymore. Personally, I love a good debate, as most could probably tell. I won't go looking to argue with someone, I won't get personal, but if I don't agree with something being said, you'll here me say it and I will share my thoughts. There is no hate, no personal crap, just a difference of thought and opinion being discussed is how I see it. Thats what I love about these forums, posting with knowledgable people who know the game, sharing thoughts, etc. If I see something one way, but another see's it different and brings a point to me I didn't quite see before but I agree with, I would be one of the first to swallow some pride and admit I have a changed view. However, if I have a strong educated opinion on something and I believe in it, if the debate still has smoke leading to fire, count me in. If you like the game of Hockey, these boards can make for a good time.

Last edited by Guerzy: 08-03-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote