HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Brashear

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2004, 08:30 AM
FearTheFlyers

vCash: 500
Brashear

But I have something to say about Brash. Being a Flyers fan I am sick to death of Brash not sticking up for his teammates.AS I said of the Flyer board I think Brash is confused as to what his role is,He is NOT a scoring third line winger and if the FLyers wanted one of those there are much better candidates available. When Gagne got elbowed the other night Brash should have taken matters into his own hands instead of letting Todd Fedoruk,who has repeatedly told not to fight until his face has healed do the work. A reason why Gagne is injuerd so much is because other teams take liberties with him knowing that there is little, or no consequence to trying to knock the Flyers skilled players out of the game. Brash needs to get his thumb out of his mouth and start doing what we pay him for. I wish we could trade him for a real tough guy.

Last edited by Sotnos: 01-01-2004 at 08:48 AM.
Old
01-01-2004, 08:41 AM
LaVal

thus is the reason Vancouver fans were happy to see him go. he used to be one of the better enforcers in the league, but started to think he was a scorer. not to mention he was a major chemistry disturber. with the dumping of Brashear and aquisition of Trevor Linden, the Canucks turned their record that season from one of the worst teams in the league, to tear it up and become the best team in the league in the second half.

Old
01-01-2004, 09:12 AM
Thalia

As fans we generally look for the good things in our favorite team's players, kinda overlook the the not-so-good things too but in Brashear's case... as a player (not person), I just couldn't find anything to like about him and often wished he wasn't on the 'Nucks team.

I was thrilled when he was shipped to Philly so that I didn't have to see his mug in the lineup anymore; I found him to be quite an embarrassment, especially when he used to wipe his hands after a fight or perform some other showboating act. Uggg, that used to make me so mad!

I was also glad to hear that he was doing well with the Flyers and he seemed as though he settled down and was just a better fit with Philly than with the Canucks. I really did want him to do well... just elsewhere I guess.

Now I'm starting to hear rumblings from some Philly fans that DB isn't living up to his 'enforcer' title again. As the original poster said, maybe DB's role hasn't been clearly defined or maybe his role is changing. Either way, he does seem to be caught somewhere in the middle: too good of a player to be an enforcer and too good of an enforcer not to fight.

Old
01-01-2004, 10:32 AM
Leaf_Crazy

Sounds like Domi here in Toronto.

Old
01-01-2004, 10:55 AM
beeker16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
I found him to be quite an embarrassment, especially when he used to wipe his hands after a fight or perform some other showboating act. Uggg, that used to make me so mad!
Which is why I empathized with Mcsorley after that stick incident.

Old
01-01-2004, 11:03 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_Crazy
Sounds like Domi here in Toronto.
and mccarthy in boston. guess it's not just sandy that wants to try and play the game.

Old
01-01-2004, 11:08 AM
Wildcat

I think hes got Lyle Odelein syndrom. Odie thought he was Bobby Orr in the later stages of his career with the Habs.

Old
01-01-2004, 11:57 AM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
and mccarthy in boston. guess it's not just sandy that wants to try and play the game.
The thing is both Domi and Brashear are better players and fighters than McCarthy. Brash and Domi have turned into more of pests than anything, I'm not really sure what McCarthy is now.

Old
01-01-2004, 02:01 PM
Steve L*

I dont like him at all. Its one thing to turn down a fight from a guy trying to make his mark in the NHL but its inexcusable for him not to defend his teammates.

Anyone up for a Laraque for Brashear trade?

Old
01-01-2004, 02:09 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
I dont like him at all. Its one thing to turn down a fight from a guy trying to make his mark in the NHL but its inexcusable for him not to defend his teammates.

Anyone up for a Laraque for Brashear trade?
I think if you asked Oilers' fans, you'd find that Laraque is having a midlife identity crisis of his own.

Even so, I doubt they'd make that trade.

Old
01-01-2004, 02:22 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs

Good god! Why did Mc Carthy even drop the gloves if he was just going to turtle against Domi? What a joke.

Brasher is just one step away from becoming Mc Carthy.(that is my comment for this thread)

Old
01-01-2004, 02:25 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
The thing is both Domi and Brashear are better players and fighters than McCarthy. Brash and Domi have turned into more of pests than anything, I'm not really sure what McCarthy is now.
:p they fought each other tonight

Old
01-01-2004, 02:55 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinto80
:p they fought each other tonight
Kinda. I mean, McCarthy doesn't even try to FIGHT anymore. At least when Domi and Brash drop the gloves, they still do their thing (keep hugging comments to a minimum).

Old
01-01-2004, 02:57 PM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
I think if you asked Oilers' fans, you'd find that Laraque is having a midlife identity crisis of his own.

Even so, I doubt they'd make that trade.
I knew that but maybe a change of scenery does them both a world of good.

Old
01-01-2004, 03:04 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Kinda. I mean, McCarthy doesn't even try to FIGHT anymore. At least when Domi and Brash drop the gloves, they still do their thing (keep hugging comments to a minimum).
Give me a break! Mc Carthy dropped to the ice faster than I would have

Old
01-01-2004, 04:58 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Give me a break! Mc Carthy dropped to the ice faster than I would have
I think in the fights he actually has been in this year, he may have thrown a total of 5 punches.

Old
01-01-2004, 06:49 PM
Fla.Flyer.Fan

Domi had a look of " yeh, that's what I thought would happen" on his face, when McCarthy dove for the ice.

Quote:
I think if you asked Oilers' fans, you'd find that Laraque is having a midlife identity crisis of his own
I think that the real issue with all of these guys. They've all been around for a long time, had a lot of fights and (inevitably) taken a lot of shots.I guess there comes a time when you just don't want it anymore. However, if I couldn't/wouldn't do my job anymore - my *ss would get fired!

Old
01-01-2004, 07:05 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Sandy is the mater of the "I am going to kick your ass glare" all he does is stare at people.

Old
01-01-2004, 07:22 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
Sandy is the mater of the "I am going to kick your ass glare" all he does is stare at people.
Hoping that the "if looks could kill" saying actually works?

Old
01-02-2004, 02:24 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Does anyone else out there see that although Brash hasn't been in a ton of fights this year...he hasn't lost one. When he decides to throw punches with bad intentions, he beats guys badly...and makes a statement. He also has developed into a player who can log a respectable amount of ice time and not hurt us. I know Fedorouk fights more, but he really should be as he has no talent whatsoever. I for one, am glad we have Brashear. I'd certainly rather have him sitting quietly on our bench than wearing a Leaf or logging time for Burnsy in Jersey. One more thing...A little logic here: If Ken Hitchcock is such a brilliant coach and Bobby Clarke hates "patsies" so much; wouldn't they see Brashear stepping away from fights? Is it even fathomable that he's being told when and when not to fight??

Closed Thread