HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should the Stars re-sign Eric Lindros?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-18-2007, 11:57 AM
  #1
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,477
vCash: 500
Should the Stars re-sign Eric Lindros?

The Stars have 14 forwards on one-way contracts, and one player, Eriksson, on a two-way contract that will probably play for the Stars all this season. The idea of bringing in another forward is crazy, but I really think it would benefit Dallas to have Lindros on the team. The role he served in the playoffs against the Canucks is still needed on this team. He provided a great deal of energy by laying out some punishing hits, and he has hard shot. If I remember correctly, Razor Reaugh described his shot as the "Hammer of Thor" on one of his few goals in the season. If the Stars could sign him to contract similar to Todd Fedoruk's, maybe for a little more, he could be a valuable player on the lower lines for energy and serve as a power play specialist with his hard shot. I think that an added bonus would be that he could play on a top line, for a short period of time, to cover in case of injuries, at least when he’s not injured. Would you like to see Eric Lindros remain a Star this season?

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 12:47 PM
  #2
Walzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: somewhere in Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,307
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
ewww...i'd rather try Lessard, Pushkarev, Conner, Sertich, Polak, Gagnon for 10 games each before thinking about this useless body again

Walzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 01:09 PM
  #3
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus
 
DaStars99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walzy View Post
ewww...i'd rather try Lessard, Pushkarev, Conner, Sertich, Polak, Gagnon for 10 games each before thinking about this useless body again
even if we would re-sign him, you would still get to try lessatrd, push, conner, sertich, polak, gagnon for 10 games

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 01:14 PM
  #4
Pillard32
Registered User
 
Pillard32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
If we did, I wouldn't be angry, but I don't think we really need him.

Pillard32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 01:39 PM
  #5
Stars-Preds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 477
vCash: 500
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=213942&hubname=nhl

it sounds like Lindros might retire.

Stars-Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 01:40 PM
  #6
Alistar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Azores
Posts: 8,752
vCash: 500
Personally I think that Eric Lindross is more then good enough to play for this team, but if our GM is going to activly pursue trading or aquiring by other means a 1st-2nd line scorer, It would make sense to me that we leave as much cap space as possible open. I would definetly rather have him on the team then Brad Winchester or Todd Fedoruk though =p

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 02:13 PM
  #7
Svensken
 
Svensken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 647
vCash: 500
I rather pass on Mr Glass and let the young dudes play.

Svensken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 02:39 PM
  #8
Walzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: somewhere in Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,307
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistar View Post
I would definetly rather have him on the team then Brad Winchester or Todd Fedoruk though =p
but i doubt he'd sign for 500k or 850k

Walzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 03:39 PM
  #9
BGDDYKWL
Registered User
 
BGDDYKWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
The role he served in the playoffs against the Canucks is still needed on this team. He provided a great deal of energy by laying out some punishing hits, and he has hard shot. If I remember correctly, Razor Reaugh described his shot as the "Hammer of Thor" on one of his few goals in the season. If the Stars could sign him to contract similar to Todd Fedoruk's, maybe for a little more, he could be a valuable player on the lower lines for energy and serve as a power play specialist with his hard shot. I think that an added bonus would be that he could play on a top line, for a short period of time, to cover in case of injuries, at least when he’s not injured.
Bingo. He definitely made his presence known in the playoff games against Vancouver. Even though he sat for months prior, he still played well, and posed a number of problems for the Nucks, one being that they didn't have a dman that could handle him. There is zero question that when healthy this guy could not only contribute on the 3rd or 4th line, but could be a real force on the PP as well. That's the thing that's so nice about him, he's willing to play limited minutes, but still has the ability to play with the top guys on any team should the situation present itself. Like in the final playoff game when for essentially the entire third period they had him on a line with Modano and Morrow. That was no accident. No question he'd be worth bringing back as I don't think he'd be looking for anything more than $1M.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 03:40 PM
  #10
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars-Preds View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=213942&hubname=nhl

it sounds like Lindros might retire.
I guess that it really doesn't matter now.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 03:46 PM
  #11
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn
 
Modo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,405
vCash: 250
If he decides NOT to retire, I sure hope he doesn't plan on staying here....

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 04:08 PM
  #12
Alistar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Azores
Posts: 8,752
vCash: 500
I think the main reason hes retiring is that hes figured out that nobody wants him for 1.X million... its too bad cause it looked to me as if he still had some gass in the tank in the playoffs last year, and its not even the concussions thats keeping him out of the lineups any more... last one was what? 4 years ago?
If I was the Dallas GM I would try to get a deal done for $850000 with the implicit understanding that he would get prime PP time and the occasional shift with the top line... Im sure he enjoyed playing in Dallas while he was here, everyone does =p

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 08:05 PM
  #13
piqued
Global Moderator
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 31,252
vCash: 50
No, no, and no. He's not worth bringing back at any amount. He's never going to play anything resembling a full season ever again. He just contributes to roster uncertainty and takes up space.
Great, so he can come back finally in the playoffs as an act of coaching staff desperation and.... get zero points.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 08:07 PM
  #14
________
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 4,642
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
Yes, but as a scout.
Wait though, he thought Miettinen was a good scorer though, so no.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 11:32 AM
  #15
dallas stars 1999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 96
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
Bingo. He definitely made his presence known in the playoff games against Vancouver. Even though he sat for months prior, he still played well, and posed a number of problems for the Nucks, one being that they didn't have a dman that could handle him. There is zero question that when healthy this guy could not only contribute on the 3rd or 4th line, but could be a real force on the PP as well. That's the thing that's so nice about him, he's willing to play limited minutes, but still has the ability to play with the top guys on any team should the situation present itself. Like in the final playoff game when for essentially the entire third period they had him on a line with Modano and Morrow. That was no accident. No question he'd be worth bringing back as I don't think he'd be looking for anything more than $1M.
If he will sign for 1 million or less, he can definitely play as a 3rd or 4th line player. Unless we can sign Selanne. No Selanne then we should get Lindros. I think he was a dominate player at least in game 6 against Vancouver in the playoffs.

dallas stars 1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.