Originally Posted by Varius View Post
(since I work in the Adult Industry)

Elaborate please

Pwnasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2007, 04:33 AM
WildWinger

vCash: 500
Teemu Selanne House Selling Is A Bad Rumor - I Guarantee!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyroduck View Post
I live near Teemu and I find this hard to believe. He would have had to put his house up on the market prior to the season ending. $Mil homes dont sell just like that, regardless of who you are.

After writing the above, I found this: http://www.southorangecountyliving.c...?&type=213&v=1

I won't say which is his house, but it's shown as sold! However, I dont know when it was last updated. I imagine its not that old though.

But like I said, there is a excellent chance that it was on the market before the end of the playoffs.

Either he sold it to move elsewhere locally, or he knew this would be his last year????

Okay, for any of you actually believing this crap, get over it. Do a few simple title searches along with the search of this lady who owns this site that you are doing the whole thing on... this Mariann Cordova, and you will find that these are her "career sells" and nothing recent. Teemu did not recently sell his house. The title companies confirmed this. The only recent activity on his house has been between himself and his wife and it has all been for legal reasons between themselves for their own personal reasons to put themselves in a better place for tax purposes as well as living trust, etc.

Another quick search of the Wayback Machine will show you that this house has shown sold for over a year now according to this real estate lady's personal website. Then you compare it to the title searches and it all comes back to a title change between Teemu and his wife. Nothing more.

I spent more than 3 hours debunking this rumor and made sure that this was NOT A TRUE RUMOR. I guarantee that it is not.

Anyhow, Teemu is here to stay in California..... or at least we hope. From talking with his wife, she wants to keep the kids here, so I am assuming that means she likes it here. I talked with Teemu a few months back before the end of the season and Teemu said he loved Southern California and especially Orange county and had every intention on making it his home for the foreseeable future. We have been "friends" with the team for a few years and I hope that what he said is true. I hope to see him stay. He is truly someone I would love to see play more. It is kinda funny to see him and then to shake hands with his twin brother and see the major differences without the scars and cuts and bruises...

The Selanne family has always been good to us. I am looking forward for more years to come.

Wildwinger!

WildWinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2007, 08:20 PM
BraveSirRobin
Ducks offseason

Send a message via MSN to BraveSirRobin
Quote:
(since I work in the Adult Industry)
o rly?

Quote:
But after the career is over, does one need to apply for citizenship to be allowed to stay, considering Teemu probably won't be taking a job at the local petrol station or anything.
He doesn't have to apply for citizenship, he can register for legal alien status and stay in the country. Or so I think, I'm not entirely sure on immigration law.

BraveSirRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2007, 09:55 PM
Akingnomore07*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_i_movemenT View Post
dude thats just funny

You sound like Charlie from the Duck's Movies
hey troll you're even funnier

You sound so annoying like jar jar binks from the star wars movies:big laugh:

Akingnomore07* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2007, 10:42 PM
iLau
Always Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akingnomore07 View Post
hey troll you're even funnier

You sound so annoying like jar jar binks from the star wars movies:big laugh:
I can't help but ask about your id name. I am assuming it means you once used to be a Kings fan and now you are a Duck fan?

iLau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2007, 04:10 AM
Teukka

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWinger View Post
It is kinda funny to see him and then to shake hands with his twin brother and see the major differences without the scars and cuts and bruises...
They are not identical twins to begin with.

Teukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 07:00 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
I see Jenna at least twice a year usually at shows (since I work in the Adult Industry) and yes, she looks scary now

The worse part is, she actually considers herself to look better now that skinny than before. Or that's what she says in public anyhow. I find her pretty disgusting in her current incarnation.
Ok, you need to head on over to the Rogue's Den. I'm sure there's a lot things people want to know about your industry, depending on your job description.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 01:04 PM
Rem
PbP is what I spit

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLau View Post
I can't help but ask about your id name. I am assuming it means you once used to be a Kings fan and now you are a Duck fan?
How do you feel about bandwagon fans, particularly former King's fans? Honest question.

You guys no doubt have gotten a flock of new fans, and I can imagine it gets annoying to some degree.

Rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 08:12 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Not that it might matter, but I've been told that Selanne as signed a deal with the Ducks for roughly 500K.

More to come as I get it.

wildcat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 08:16 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat48 View Post
Not that it might matter, but I've been told that Selanne as signed a deal with the Ducks for roughly 500K.

I know your track record isn't pretty, but, outlandish as this seems, I believe you're not making this up 100%, and I really hope your source is an accurate one. Selanne at 500k? That'd be the best thing ever.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 08:21 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
How do you feel about bandwagon fans, particularly former King's fans? Honest question.

You guys no doubt have gotten a flock of new fans, and I can imagine it gets annoying to some degree.
Nothing that accompanies a cup win is ever annoying. Not fans making fun of the name, not significant players possibly retiring, not anything. It's all good.

Also, to further elaborate on Wildcat's findings, if this is true, then I'm guessing Big Pens may be on the way out. With Selanne's salary as what it is, and if Nieds came back, we'd still squeeze under the cap. I imagine Penner, who would be replaced by Bertuzzi, might then be traded along with Marchant for a couple of cheap forwards and probably some future draft picks.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Gyroduck

Lets just say this is true. Why would he sign for 500k? Of course there would be incentives, but since they count toward the cap anyway, he is a proven player that offering incentives would come across as an insult.

It would seem to me that he would sign for an amount that would not break the Ducks cap becasue of his understanding of the cap, but not for 500k, knowing that he could compromise at the 1-2 mil mark, and the Ducks would still be okay with the cap. If the Ducks can afford him at 1-2 mil, than there is no reason why they should not pay him that.

Anyway, I'm doubtful of a signing, but optimistic.

Ohh ya, on another note, there was that time when many of us felt Neids would retire because he did not provide an answer when he thought he would. The fact that he has yet to announce anyting makes me more optimistic now that he is still seriously considering. If he waits much longer though, it is not being very respective of the Ducks.

Gyroduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Davey Duck

Quote:

That's crazy if true. I bet that doesn't make the NHLPA too happy...but there is so much cash being thrown around, this won't have much effect, if any, on other players' salaries.

Davey Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Lyons71

Quote:

Lyons71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 08:35 PM
iLau
Always Mighty

Quote:

*speechless*

Old
07-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Hussar
Donkeytoof

Hussar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzlaf15 View Post
I trust WC!

Ducksforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 08:51 PM
abax44

If he signs for 500K he is the epitome of 'team player'. That said, there'd obviously be more to the deal.

Anyone think that if he does choose to retire and stick around Cali that he'll remain with the team in some capacity? Maybe not immediately but shortly after.

abax44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 09:43 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Maybe WC forgot a 0 in the number? Hopefully not.

Duck Off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 10:22 PM
Jerky Leclerc

Like Hebert, Selanne should get a job in the organization after his retirement. I'm sure the Samuelis will pay him an inflated salary to do promotional work for the Ducks.

Jerky Leclerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 10:48 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

I thought this mistake too, but I've been told that the contract is registered and it doesn't contain bonuses. It could be mistake, but I feel confident to put this on here that he's signed for about 500K....actually 475K.

The NHLPA wouldn't have an issue I believe because Selanne is at a point his career where he deserves to decide how he goes out.

wildcat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 11:02 PM
Akingnomore07*

Quote:

Are you referring to me d-bag?!

Anyways, this doesn't even involve you. you're a san jose troll, so get lost!

Even the kings are going to do better than the sharks this year. Just watch!

Old
07-23-2007, 11:04 PM
Akingnomore07*

Quote:
I thought this mistake too, but I've been told that the contract is registered and it doesn't contain bonuses. It could be mistake, but I feel confident to put this on here that he's signed for about 500K....actually 475K.

The NHLPA wouldn't have an issue I believe because Selanne is at a point his career where he deserves to decide how he goes out.
Praise TEEMU! That guy's a great person!

Old
07-23-2007, 11:07 PM
iLau
Always Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akingnomore07 View Post
Are you referring to me d-bag?!

Anyways, this doesn't even involve you. you're a san jose troll, so get lost!

Even the kings are going to do better than the sharks this year. Just watch!
It was actually me who brought it up, not him.

Old
07-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Akingnomore07*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLau View Post
It was actually me who brought it up, not him.
O....ok. BUt, he did troll here though

so do you want to be the d-bag then? jk