HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Expansion Team Decision

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-18-2007, 03:13 PM
  #1
rompo
 
rompo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 72
vCash: 500
Expansion Team Decision

I'm in my first year of a keeper league and teams have exposed players for me to pick, I am looking at about a 3-4 year window before I actually compete for first so I'm drafting very young and building slowly.

I have to choose between, Wolski, Briere, and Kessel. Right now I am leaning to Briere based on potential trade value ( I feel I could get good prospect and draft trade value for him) but Kessel's long term value is also appealing. I have concerns about Wolski's work ethic etc and see him as being 3rd in value of the three.

What do you think?

Thanks for the input.

rompo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 03:45 PM
  #2
shealy04
Registered User
 
shealy04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,037
vCash: 500
Briere is a fantasy stud, this is a no brainer.

shealy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 04:50 PM
  #3
rompo
 
rompo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 72
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shealy04 View Post
Briere is a fantasy stud, this is a no brainer.
The brain comes into play when you read my entire post, I'd be taking Briere as trade bait cause he isn't as useful to me when I don't plan on making a title run for at least 3 years...

rompo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 05:28 PM
  #4
shealy04
Registered User
 
shealy04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadjet View Post
The brain comes into play when you read my entire post, I'd be taking Briere as trade bait cause he isn't as useful to me when I don't plan on making a title run for at least 3 years...

Yes, I get that. My point is there is no reason why you wouldn't take Briere over the other two, regardless if you are trading him away or not.

IF you trade him you will get a return that is better than both of your other options.


Thus, this is a no-brainer.

shealy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 07:23 PM
  #5
rompo
 
rompo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 72
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shealy04 View Post
Yes, I get that. My point is there is no reason why you wouldn't take Briere over the other two, regardless if you are trading him away or not.

IF you trade him you will get a return that is better than both of your other options.


Thus, this is a no-brainer.
K thanks that is what I'm thinking just wanted confirmation... anyone else?

rompo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 07:38 PM
  #6
ColonelForbin
Registered User
 
ColonelForbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadjet View Post
K thanks that is what I'm thinking just wanted confirmation... anyone else?
Definitely agree with Briere. He'll give you excellent production for years and has big trade value if you move him for something else.

ColonelForbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 08:07 PM
  #7
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,786
vCash: 500
Definitely Briere, you could get some good prospects for him, which league is this?

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 08:18 PM
  #8
Chinstrap
Registered User
 
Chinstrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 302
vCash: 500
Take Briere and run. You might even want to consider not trading him until the end of 07-08. If he burns it up, then building your expansion roster around him might be a good plan.

Chinstrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 05:53 PM
  #9
rompo
 
rompo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 72
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by d a n n y View Post
Definitely Briere, you could get some good prospects for him, which league is this?
Cool, thanks a lot all.. I took him.

The league is just a private keeper league with friends.

rompo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 06:34 PM
  #10
rodmunch
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadjet View Post
Cool, thanks a lot all.. I took him.

The league is just a private keeper league with friends.
You made the right decision.

Just curious, can I see your roster? I've always been curious to how these keeper leagues work

rodmunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 01:26 AM
  #11
rompo
 
rompo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 72
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodmunch View Post
You made the right decision.

Just curious, can I see your roster? I've always been curious to how these keeper leagues work
Well I'm joining the league this season, so I don't really have a roster yet, we're doing a protection expansion process where each team protects and I pick players from there. This will be the bulk of my roster, the rest is made up through the draft...

rompo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.