He is guilty and a bad guy 133 91.10%
He is guilty and a good guy 7 4.79%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-18-2007, 08:59 PM
andy*

vCash: 500
OT:Vick

What is this I am hearing, "NFL star charged", Why is he being charged, is it drugs.

andy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 09:05 PM
GetPucksDeep

dog fighting

GetPucksDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 09:44 PM
chromemaro

yea he deserves to have the book thrown at him. I hate people who mess with dogs. Hopefully hes done in the NFL

chromemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 09:51 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetNoneIn View Post
dog fighting
Not just dog fighting but the slaughter of dogs who didn't "perform well".

They apparently hung and electrocuted dogs.

Wow.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

I love the falcons, but hate Vick, i have allways wanted Vich to be replaced and this is a start.

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 10:12 PM
DougKnowsBest

ron mexico desearves to be thrown into jail for a long time.

thats just wrong. so sick.

how much are you guys kicking yourselfs for keeping him and getting rid of the other guy.

DougKnowsBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 10:27 PM
MJCULE

OT:Vicks View in the ATL

how do the locals feel about him, after all you guys probaly get more newsworthy information there

MJCULE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 10:36 PM
mr. kuckoo

I'm posting in this one. The other thread just got ugly.

Obviously he's innocent until the case is wrapped up, but my opinion is that he's guilty.
He deserves to be suspended before the trial simply for putting himself in this situation with his cousin at his house. To say he didn't know what was going on in VA is a blatent lie, and a rediculous one at that.

The executions in the indictment are just sick, and if he is found guilty I hope the government makes an example of him and hand down the maximum penalty.

Again, at this time his guilt is only my opinion, but I hope he never gets the opportunity to attempt another incomplete pass in the NFL again.

BTW, I voted guilty/bad guy

mr. kuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 10:45 PM
MJCULE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. kuckoo View Post
I'm posting in this one. The other thread just got ugly.

Obviously he's innocent until the case is wrapped up, but my opinion is that he's guilty.
He deserves to be suspended before the trial simply for putting himself in this situation with his cousin at his house. To say he didn't know what was going on in VA is a blatent lie, and a rediculous one at that.

The executions in the indictment are just sick, and if he is found guilty I hope the government makes an example of him and hand down the maximum penalty.

Again, at this time his guilt is only my opinion, but I hope he never gets the opportunity to attempt another incomplete pass in the NFL again.

BTW, I voted guilty/bad guy
yeah i agree innocent until proven guilty. i think/assume like you that hes guilty and a bad guy with low morales. i was just wondering if you guys new anything else

Old
07-18-2007, 11:56 PM
MLP*

He deserves the max, although I expect him to get a reduced sentence in a plea deal.

Anyone who gets a kick out of this is seriously ****ed up...

Last edited by btn: 07-19-2007 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Deleted disgusting photo
MLP* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 11:57 PM
MJCULE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dural View Post
He deserves the max, although I expect him to get a reduced sentence in a plea deal.

Anyone who gets a kick out of this is seriously ****ed up...

holy **** is that one of his

Last edited by btn: 07-19-2007 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Deleted disgusting photo
Old
07-19-2007, 12:01 AM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 1108
see this is what i dont understand

at this point its pretty obvious hes guilty of whatever hes charged with

and in the poll in the other thread people voted that hes guilty but not a bad person

you cant be both

07-19-2007, 12:03 AM
MLP*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJCULE View Post
holy **** is that one of his
I doubt it, but it's common.

MLP* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 06:27 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyutin 51 View Post
at this point its pretty obvious hes guilty of whatever hes charged with
My girlfriend said the same thing about the Duke lacrosse players....guess who is eating crow now for prejudging people.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 06:53 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJCULE View Post
yeah i agree innocent until proven guilty. i think/assume like you that hes guilty and a bad guy with low morales.
These two sentences make no sense.

You either think he is innocent until proven guilty or you think/assume he is guilty.

Based on the number of deleted posts last night, I suggest you all keep it civil on this thread.

Last edited by btn: 07-19-2007 at 07:55 AM.
Old
07-19-2007, 08:43 AM
mr. kuckoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post

You either think he is innocent until proven guilty or you think/assume he is guilty.

Based on the number of deleted posts last night, I suggest you all keep it civil on this thread.
I know he's innocent until proven guilty, it's his right as an American. After reading the Federal Indictment, the evidence strongly suggests he's guilty, that's where I base my opinion. It can be both ways.

I doubt my opinion will change whether or not he's found guilty in a court of law , and I doubt many other's will change either. I heard a statistic that the feds have a 95% success rate on their indictments. I doubt he's getting away with this.

mr. kuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 09:45 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
i hope that he goes to jail, loses his contract and endorsements and is never allowed to play again

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 10:07 AM
GetPucksDeep

Quote:
My girlfriend said the same thing about the Duke lacrosse players....guess who is eating crow now for prejudging people.
The Duke prosecutor had zero witnesses, the Feds have three. Obviously, justice must be allowed to run its course. But anyone following the Duke case saw the huge holes in it very early. The original officer who found the girl NEVER believed her stories. (how many stories did she have? I think it was five by the end.)

The strongest parallel with the Duke case however is that both had local prosecutors up for reelection who both appealed to local voters along racial lines. In the Vick case, the Feds moved in as the local prosecutor stood around with his hands in his pockets doing nothing.

GetPucksDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 10:36 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Actually the Duke prosecutor had 2 witnesses, the victim and her co-worker who constantly changed her story as the events went on.

BTW, does anyone even know the last time the Feds got involved in a dog fighting case? It seemed strange to me they would get involved....you know federal prosecutors also like getting media attention and padding their stats.

Old
07-19-2007, 10:57 AM
ATLien

What he is charged with is absolutely stomach turning, and given the high profile nature of this case my guess is that the Feds have their ducks in a row. He'll prolly go down for this.

I won't say whether or not Vick is a 'bad guy', but no matter how this case ends he is guilty of being stupid:

1.Ron Mexico
2.Fliipng off the home fans
3.The water bottle incident
4.This BS

The sports question here is are the Falcons more stupid than Vick for giving up Ladanian Tomlinson+Dwight+2 draft picks to get him.

ATLien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 11:02 AM
CorpseFX

vCash: 50
Quote:
two completely different cases, circumstances and bodies of evidence (no pun intended). vick is toast. if the cops can plant over 50 dog carcasses, training "tools", etc... on land you: purchased, owned and maintained, let me know. this goes way beyond witnesses. vick owns the land, hes tied to it regardless.

read the indictment.

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/images/07/18/ind.pdf

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 11:11 AM
MJCULE

Quote:

i was making the point yeah ill give him the benefit of proving himself clean example duke lax. but from the things ive read im 99% sure he did it

Old
07-19-2007, 11:22 AM
The Sneak

Quote:
Actually the Duke prosecutor had 2 witnesses, the victim and her co-worker who constantly changed her story as the events went on.

BTW, does anyone even know the last time the Feds got involved in a dog fighting case? It seemed strange to me they would get involved....you know federal prosecutors also like getting media attention and padding their stats.

Transfer of animals across state lines with the intent to be used in a federal crime. It's the interstate commerce that got the feds involved. If the activities were relegated to Virginia only the Feds would not be engaged.

Innocent until proven guilty is direction for the jurors. We can think whatever the hell we want about the alleged crimes. I hope the indicted get a fair trial (if it goes to trial and not pleaded out) and the jurors do not come in with biases.

As to my opinions about Mike Vick? I'll withhold any character assasinations until due process is played out. However, I will say that if he is found guilty I hope that he is punished to the full extent of the law. The allegations are sickening, and if they are indeed true, Atlanta would be better off having him removed from the community until rehabbed.

The Sneak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 12:13 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Vick and his brother aren't exactly model citizens, that's all I'll say. I think there's a very small chance that's he's innocent, and a very small chance that he will be proven innoncent (like 5%).

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:

The Feds got involved because he committed a Federal crime. They have to get involved. He was just indicted by a Federal Grand Jury that his nothing to do with the local police who may have their own charges. Contrary to popular belief (and most 1980s cop movies), "the Feds" don't take over crime scenes/cases for the publicity. They do it because a Federal crime has been committed.

The evidence, especially due to his cousin's cooperation, is pretty damning right now. Vick threw his cousin under the bus and his cousin didn't take it very well. Witnesses have Vick transporting dogs, organizing events, placing bets, and executing dogs. Right now I am sure the FBI is going through his financial records to see where he bought/who built the necessary structures and kennels involved and if they can trace the money he bet on the fights.

Say what you will about the FBI but they are really, really great at tracing money. But I am willing to bet that Vick wasn't exactly secret about using his money for purchases and to gamble with. Vick's greatest asset right now is time. This won't be going to trial for a very long time so he should get to play the entire next season.

If this case goes to trial, even if the evidence is borderline, it will destroy Vick's public image (even moreso than it is now) and you will be seeing all of the pictures of dead dogs every night on the news. No, instead I think he takes a plea deal during the next offseason, if one is offered. If one isn't offered than he almost has to plea no contest. A no contest plea will prevent a lot of the media circus.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote