HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Bernard Hopkins

Old
07-19-2007, 07:49 PM
i am dave

vCash: 500
OT: Bernard Hopkins

Am I the only one who is tired of Bernard Hopkins? I mean, first of all, it seems like he's retired at least 8 times by now. Local media loves this guy, but all I see is a guy who's always running his mouth. I don't know. Something about this guy just irritates me. Why exactly did he have to have is own parade a few years back?

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 08:16 PM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
Well considering he destroyed Tarver his last time around I'm looking forward to him and Wright fighting. Sure he's got a big mouth but he's got the history to back it up. He's got a mouth like Mayweather. Without bad guys there are no good guys.

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 09:28 PM
McNasty

I don't think Hopkins is a bad guy, self confidence and cockiness are two things that a lot of boxers have. I like Hopkins because hes from philly, he runs his mouth a bit, but so did JR and hes one of my favorite players of all time.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 12:15 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Is this an MMA fight or is it fake, like boxing?

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 10:17 AM
flyersfan64*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Is this an MMA fight or is it fake, like boxing?
your hilarious haha

flyersfan64* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 12:53 PM
CavemanLawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan64 View Post
your hilarious haha
Yeah last night at 2am in my drunken stupor i typed up a huge response for him but decided that i didn't want to thrash a fellow Flyer fan, no matter how ******** his opinion was...

In the end - They are both ****ing fighting sports... just enjoy two guys beating the **** out of each other like every other sane person. Next time you watch a boxing match, be sure to take off your 'I'm gonna hate this because me liking MMA makes me sound more elitist' glasses and just enjoy it.

I've been watching MMA since 96-97 and am a die hard fan, and guess what... I like boxing! I like kickboxing! I like muay thai events! And every MMA fan HATES this 'Boxing sucks!' **** thats going around. So drop it, for the sake of us fans.

The whole 'boxing sucks and is gonna die!' thing started in the early 90s when K1 rose to popularity, but that blew over in a year or so, now MMA is leading the charge of 'Boxing sucks' thanks to its recent surge of popularity due to Spike TV and it becoming a staple of the yo yo thug boiz culture... ugh it pains me to see something I loved and treasured so much over the years now like this. So hopefully its just a passing thing like before.

And mr. MMAistehRealzor... What about all the fighters testing positive recently in MMA? Say what you will about boxing, but at least all the top contenders in boxing aren't failing steroid tests... Royce, Sherk, Franca, etc. etc. From April til July, 17 MMA fighters fighting under the CSAC tested positive for banned substances... 9 of them steroids.

Something is a tad a muck in the MMA world right now, its not all peachy and perfect as you think, and boxing isn't the vile scum of the universe like i'm sure you think.

CavemanLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote