HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Kaspar (merged)

Old
07-20-2007, 10:19 AM
Melrose_Jr.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post

as long as he doesn't take Staal's place, I'm fine with it.
If he earns the spot, I'm fine with it.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 10:20 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Hahah. Play him to raise his trade value? I'm not sure either.
Well he's playing for the Rangers. And I don't think a team is going to trade for a guy who is a big money item no matter how well he plays in Hartford.

07-20-2007, 10:21 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Well he's playing for the Rangers. And I don't think a team is going to trade for a guy who is a big money item no matter how well he plays in Hartford.
Agreed. I'm rooting for Kaspar, but the likelihood of him playing anywhere other than HFD next season is extremely low.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 10:22 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Hahah. Play him to raise his trade value? I'm not sure either.
i meant to say if we dont have plans for him, we can play him to raise it.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Nich

calling it now

malik - rosi
girardi - tuts
staal - kasper
ex pock

mara dealt with a prospect for a better prospect + picks......

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 10:30 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
i meant to say if we dont have plans for him, we can play him to raise it.
Huh? If the Rangers don't have plans for him, why would they play him? What teams would trade for him anyway with the cap hit he comes with? There's logic whatsoever.

For that matter, the Rangers are going to play him, pay him and make the team weaker just to raise his trade value? That's ridiculous.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 10:35 AM
Choice

About a month ago I was walking down 2nd ave in the mid 50s and saw a guy walking towards me in a weden t-shirt. At first I was like 'wow that guy really looks like Kasparitis' so as I walk by him and yell out 'Hey Darius!" and he truns and says whats up.

Would be a great story but I don't think its going to happen.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 11:10 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Mmmmm

Kasperitus knows what it will take to make this team. He will have to not just shine, but blow them away.

If he does power to him. He's a gritty pain in the ass when he's on his game.

07-20-2007, 11:25 AM
artoor13

I saw Kasper at a russian bath house in brooklyn once. The guy is a ****ing house. I
was too intimidated to even say hello.

artoor13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 12:09 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by XploD View Post
I take it you didn't watch the 05-06 season.
I saw it and if you think he was a physical presence that season we are in stark disagreement. He would line people up, hit them (sometimes they didn't even see him coming) and inevitably he would fall down and take himself out of the play. He never had any offensive abilities so to me he was already a zero by then.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 12:47 PM
NYR1724

I think Jorts means the Rangers should showcase Kaspar in an attempt to get someone to take him, but I do not think it will work. I like Kaspar and I would like to see him comeback and play well. I am not getting my hopes up for him by any means though.

NYR1724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 12:57 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2K5 View Post
I think Jorts means the Rangers should showcase Kaspar in an attempt to get someone to take him, but I do not think it will work. I like Kaspar and I would like to see him comeback and play well. I am not getting my hopes up for him by any means though.
The only way to showcase him is to play him. And the Rangers are not going to do that because:

1) He counts against the cap if he's on the NHL roster.

2) He's not going to be one of the top six defensemen in camp

Of course, any trade talk is predicated on the idea that other teams are willing to take on Kaspar and his contract.

Old
07-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Nich

doesn't nashville still need to hit the cap minimum?

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 01:10 PM
RangersMoogle

Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
Ok. Look. We want to ship him out to Columbus, right? This has nothing to do with me feeling obligated to be a Jackets fan and having no reason to be a Jackets fan right now.

So, uhm. I'll call Columbus' GM and see what I can do. It's a local call, so, I can be on hold for a while.

Who ya all want from Columbus? Let me know, I'll give 'im a call before I go out for lunch.

RangersMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 02:17 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

I Guess So...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

"according to players who have been working out with Darius Kasparaitis in the area this summer, the 34-year-old defenseman has worked his way back into impressive shape, running and skating every day until a recent trip to his native Lithuania. The defenseman has apparently shed all of the excess weight that he carried into training camp last year, and is intent on staying with the NHL club rather than being returned to Hartford."

Would you want Kasper 05/06 back on the squad?
I ALWAYS LIKE HIM, HES A GOOD GUY TO HAVE IN THE LOCKER ROOM AND ON THE ICE WHEN THINGS GET DOWN, HE MAKES A JOKE AND GETS PEOPLE TO LAUGH AND REMINDS US ITS ONLY A GAME AND HAVE FUN WITH IT AND GOOD THINGS WILL HAPPEN! BRING HIM BACK!!!

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 02:28 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by heaveho94 View Post
I ALWAYS LIKE HIM, HES A GOOD GUY TO HAVE IN THE LOCKER ROOM AND ON THE ICE WHEN THINGS GET DOWN, HE MAKES A JOKE AND GETS PEOPLE TO LAUGH AND REMINDS US ITS ONLY A GAME AND HAVE FUN WITH IT AND GOOD THINGS WILL HAPPEN! BRING HIM BACK!!!
teh OMGzzz CPAS lawk!!!

He is a good teammate though, as you pointed out.

Remember the commercial with him nailing Bobby Granger after Granger accidentally ran into Henke in the hallway? Loved it.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 02:35 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Drej

Kasper and Strudwick are both good guys but I think the rangers will have one or the other and put the other in Hartford. I like Kasper, but well have to see him play in camp before anything else. Helped Tyutin on his game, and protects Jagr. Shows emotion when he plays and could be the hard hitting D we all love.

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 02:40 PM
mwshapi

here is the deal with kaspar... if he remains with the rangers, he is playing in the minors... we don't have enough cap space to have him around.

in addition, i am not paying another team to take him, i.e., trade assets plus kaspar to get rid of him. i am only trading him for nothing.

do you really think nashville wants to spend what is left on their cap on a slow defenseman? especially one making this much?

if he performs well, we might be able to trade him for a minor prospect (similar to hutchinson) but nothing signicant. most likely though, he is playing for hartford and not hurting our cap.

mwshapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 03:50 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Turn off the caps lock please.

Old
07-20-2007, 04:31 PM
XploD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
I saw it and if you think he was a physical presence that season we are in stark disagreement. He would line people up, hit them (sometimes they didn't even see him coming) and inevitably he would fall down and take himself out of the play. He never had any offensive abilities so to me he was already a zero by then.
Yep I strongly disagree. Plus he was our best d-man in our own end by far. He was the only one who would keep players out of the crease and block shots.

XploD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by XploD View Post
Yep I strongly disagree. Plus he was our best d-man in our own end by far. He was the only one who would keep players out of the crease and block shots.
Ok....lets say that's all true...

Who out of
Rozsival
Malik
Mara
Tyutin
Girardi
Staal
Pock
Strudwick
Hutchinson
Baranka

does Kaspar play for? I mean seriously consider how much money Kaspar makes vs guys that can...I...don't....know...play BETTER for the 07-08 Rangers....

I'll say it for the last time in this thread...Kaspar played 1 good season as a Rangers defenseman..he is the last player from the DARK AGES of this team...Cut the cord...forget about the Kaspar of old think of what he can give to this team next season....

It doesn't matter he is in shape...It' doesn't mean it's NHL game shape...It doesn't mean his body won't break down again...LIKE...it always has...

Clearing guys from the crease in TODAY'S NHL is important but what's equaly as important something the Rangers defenseman do very well is clearing the puck from the crease..Something Kaspar doesn't do very well...

His training camp should be a physical and a ticket to hartford....

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 06:52 PM
RangersMoogle

Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
Harsh.

If he's back in game shape, I think he'd be a shoo-in if the Ranger's weren't in cap hell. Kaspar picked a bad time to get ready to re-join the Ranger's.

RangersMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 08:59 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
I think that is an important point..the question is...does he have it in him to outplay almost every single Dman on the roster...cause he is going to have to blow them away to stick with the club!

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 10:34 PM
XploD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post

Who out of
Rozsival
Malik
Mara
Tyutin
Girardi
Staal
Pock
Strudwick
Hutchinson
Baranka

does Kaspar play for? I mean seriously consider how much money Kaspar makes vs guys that can...I...don't....know...play BETTER for the 07-08 Rangers....

I'll say it for the last time in this thread...Kaspar played 1 good season as a Rangers defenseman..he is the last player from the DARK AGES of this team...Cut the cord...forget about the Kaspar of old think of what he can give to this team next season....

It doesn't matter he is in shape...It' doesn't mean it's NHL game shape...It doesn't mean his body won't break down again...LIKE...it always has...

Clearing guys from the crease in TODAY'S NHL is important but what's equaly as important something the Rangers defenseman do very well is clearing the puck from the crease..Something Kaspar doesn't do very well...

I never said Kaspar should be on the roster next season so what are you really arguing about?

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 07-21-2007 at 09:39 AM.
XploD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 11:38 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post

Who out of
Rozsival
Malik
Mara
Tyutin
Girardi
Staal
Pock
Strudwick
Hutchinson
Baranka

You forgot Liffiton and Potter.

I really don't see him making the team, no matter what kind of shape he's in. Now, I do think his desire to return in the first year after the lockout and leadership were extremely valuable to this team's recovery. I would love to see him get a shot at some sort of coaching job or community relations position.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote