HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Kaspar (merged)

Old
08-16-2007, 12:46 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersMoogle View Post
Kaspar isn't going to be playing on the Ranger's this season, even if he should be, he won't. Sucks for him and his fans, but I don't know why some people are getting bent out of shape and relentlessy trashing the dude.

He's not going to be on the Rangers this year, even if he's earned it, end of story. I want to see him on Broadway again, ain't gonna happen. I doubt he'll be traded, his salary his high for a stay at home defenseman, and he seems to want to play in the NHL. You at least have to give him credit for getting in shape. I'm going to assume the guy ain't dumb, he knows his odds of getting on the Rangers are slim, and he still gets ripped. Guy's got class, show him some respect.
I don't think that people are trashing him at all. If anything, I think he's being overhyped a bit and being looked at with selective memory. Kaspar was a decent player here. He was by no means a stud.

08-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I don't think that people are trashing him at all. If anything, I think he's being overhyped a bit and being looked at with selective memory. Kaspar was a decent player here. He was by no means a stud.
One thing I will say for Kaspar was that he was a tremendous leader for the Rangers. I give him a lot of credit for the positive attitude the team took on, and still has, after the lockout and so many years of total disarray. He was a great presence for youngers players such as Tyutin.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2007, 02:09 PM
NYRMatt

I hope Kaspar finds someway to get back in the NHL or at least some other alternative because I don't see him coming back anytime soon.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2007, 02:14 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

I mean look at him. Hes fatter than ever and since when does he wear 55 and hold flowers on the ice?

No way i want that fatty on the team...

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2007, 02:16 PM
NYRMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I mean look at him. Hes fatter than ever and since when does he wear 55 and hold flowers on the ice?

No way i want that fatty on the team...
Yes, you have a good point there. Down with Kaspar!

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2007, 11:10 PM
ohbaby

Hi, fellow Rangers fans, first time post.

I'm a little late to the party on this thread, but feel I have to say a few things on this subject.

First off, the salary cap isn't counted til the end of the season. And alot can happen in that time. Plus you can go over a certain amount. If Kasper were make the club, it would restrict what kind of moves, trades they can make. But right now, his 3 mil is not that big an issue. Up the road, something might have to be done.

But isn't Kasper just what the Rangers need on this blueline? And I have to admit, I miss his crunching checks. We need someone like him on D. It's lacking the physical aspect. You have to trade off somewhat, positional play for aggressiveness. It goes without saying.

Now, if he's over-the-hill, fine. But on all acounts he's in the best shape of his life. And when your in shape, your much less likely to get injured, plus handle injuries much better. I believe he will prove, he belongs on this club. And lets not forget his leadership and easygoing manner in the clubhouse.

Now, he has never been a premier D-man in this league, but is,... the kind of player that others, hate playing against. And hasn't Avery shown you guys how valuable that is?

It would be a crime if he had the best camp of all D-men, and had to be sent down because of economics.

I believe, he and Peca are the last two pieces to taking us, all the way.

Last edited by ohbaby: 08-20-2007 at 01:53 AM.
ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2007, 12:51 AM
elYankee

I say the best hope is to trade him. I know we've determined that he's not going to get much, but with his number I can't see him on this team, and with our D-men i can't see him taking any of their spots. Also a lot of people don't seem to remember that the season before the lockout he was essentially a slower less skilled, better hitting malik. He was a guy everyone loved to boo, because he made silly mental mistakes. 05-06 was a good season for him but just by the virtue of that one season (any goodwill he got from it I think he blew by showing up fat and sloppy last year) we don't owe him anything more than his money.

elYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2007, 01:43 AM
ohbaby

And what if he comes back as the Kasper of old. I would take him in a heartbeat over half the D-men we have now. Do we still send him to Hartford because of the cap? Ya know, before Avery there was Kasper. Either way, him just showing up at camp, fighting for a job,... will only raise the bar for everyone involved.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote