Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

your thoughts on Lindros

Old
07-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Interior Cascadian

vCash: 500
your thoughts on Lindros

Canucks fan popping in here, just wondering what the general concensus was of Lindros last season. There's a (low key) rumor going on that Vancouver may be interested in him, but I'm not sure if this is the best move for Vancouver. How'd he work for you guys over the season?

Interior Cascadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Svensken

He played quite good in the beginning of the season.

Svensken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 02:40 PM
________

vCash: 100
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
He played good until end of November and then he played good in the playoffs.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 03:57 PM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ________ View Post
He played good until end of November and then he played good in the playoffs.
Exactly, and I realize that health is always the concern with him, but you already know that going in. The bottom line is the guy is definitely still a threat, and in that he would come relatively cheap I would welcome him on my team.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 11:13 PM
thecupismine

Out of curiousity, which players/line did he play with/on while healthy?

thecupismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2007, 01:08 AM
piqued
Global Moderator
anyone order a dman?

vCash: 131
He was all over the lineup. From playing with Modano one night to Ott the next.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2007, 04:48 AM
Fred Durst

I don't want him on the Canucks but I was surprised by his physical presence in the Canucks-Stars series, solid playoffs even though he didn't register a point.

Fred Durst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2007, 07:21 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecupismine View Post
Out of curiousity, which players/line did he play with/on while healthy?
Unfortunately they had him playing with guys like Ott and Barnaby for some stretches. Waste of talent to have him playing with those guys IMO. But, for what it's worth, in the elimination game against Vancouver he played with Modano and Morrow for the entire third period (and looked good). Also, if memory serves, he took the faceoffs in the offensive zone with the extra attacker at the end of the game. Translation IMO is that when it came right down to it he was one of the top 3 forwards on the entire Stars team, despite having not played in months.

Old
07-21-2007, 07:33 AM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
Unfortunately they had him playing with guys like Ott and Barnaby for some stretches. Waste of talent to have him playing with those guys IMO.
Ott was also injured and played only 19 games. So there were maybe about 10 games where both were healthy and the played maybe 5 on one line.
Lindros started the season on the 2nd with Ribeiro and Morrow.
And just for the record, Lindros had his best game with Barnaby and Barch (i think it was him) on his wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
Translation IMO is that when it came right down to it he was one of the top 3 forwards on the entire Stars team, despite having not played in months.
he wasn't top3 and we could also say he just was "well rested"

Walzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2007, 04:37 PM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walzy View Post
Ott was also injured and played only 19 games. So there were maybe about 10 games where both were healthy and the played maybe 5 on one line.
Lindros started the season on the 2nd with Ribeiro and Morrow.
And just for the record, Lindros had his best game with Barnaby and Barch (i think it was him) on his wings
My point was that he was playing with the gritty guys like Barnaby, Ott, and Barch, on the 3rd and 4th lines for much of the year. They had him with Morrow and Modano occasionally in the reg season, and Ribeiro at times as you mentioned, but the bottom line is he averaged 14 minutes a night which is about 5 too low for the guy. Also, I'm not sure what game you're referring to, because his 3 assist games were all either with Modano/Morrow or power play tallies, and his two-goal game was a power play goal and one with Morrow and Ribeiro, so I would say he was far more productive with better talent (not that it's surprising). And I know the Rags had him playing with guys like Barnaby, McCarthy, etc., so maybe teams feel more comfortable with a tough guy being out there with him, but I would prefer to see him playing with guys who can both set him up and actually put his passes in the net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walzy View Post
he wasn't top3 and we could also say he just was "well rested"
After having a month and a half off there's no question about that, but IMO he was one of their top 3 forwards, meaning that assuming he's healthy, which he was in the final playoff game (at least relatively), I would want him on the ice over virtually any player on that team. I realize he had a far from productive year, but he was given marginal talent to work with and spotty power play time for much of the year.