HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

pyatt

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2004, 06:47 PM
chuckie

vCash: 500
pyatt

Does this guy have a pulse? 12 goals in the last 2 games and not 1 point.I was hoping this would be a breakout year, i guess not.With hecht back has he been demoted?Who does he play with?I know he is still young but i was really expecting more from him. The games i have seen, he seems to be a non factor, does this guy have the hockey sense and skill or is he going to just get the occassional garbage goal around the net thanks or your input.......

Old
01-02-2004, 07:15 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie
Does this guy have a pulse? 12 goals in the last 2 games and not 1 point.I was hoping this would be a breakout year, i guess not.With hecht back has he been demoted?Who does he play with?I know he is still young but i was really expecting more from him. The games i have seen, he seems to be a non factor, does this guy have the hockey sense and skill or is he going to just get the occassional garbage goal around the net thanks or your input.......
He's played pretty well for stretches this year and yes, he has a pulse. He's defensively reliable, strong along the wall, is rounding into a fine penalty killer and is still getting his physical game out of the toolbox. No, he's not a killer, nor does he possess LeClair's shooting ability. But the kid's still just scratching the surface of what he might do if and when he realizes that he's bigger than most and stronger than many. Don't give up, hell, he's clicked pretty well with Afinogenov and Roy in the last two, regardless of his point production. (Witness how well Hecht was playing with Dumont and Briere in early December and he was regularly blanked on the score sheet, despire his linemates tallies.)

Old
01-02-2004, 07:49 PM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
Pyatt's a solid 3rd line player at this point in time. To me, I'm not really too worried if he doesn't score many goals. Kind of like Hecht, he's one of those guys that makes everything happen so other players can score goals. Not even in terms of assists, but by making key passes/winning battles/making a smart play 3-4 steps before the goal, that type of deal.

Old
01-02-2004, 07:59 PM
Takeo

At 22 years of age and on pace for a career high in points, I can't complain.

Old
01-02-2004, 08:54 PM
MLH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21
At 22 years of age and on pace for a career high in points, I can't complain.
I can. He disappears way too often.

Old
01-03-2004, 06:56 AM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
when the career high is 14G 14A that's not much. he needs to get GARBAGE GOALS! pay the price to light the lamp!

Old
01-03-2004, 07:51 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartG101
I can. He disappears way too often.
Please refer to the "22 years of age" portion of the post to which you responded. Of course he disappears once in awhile; he's not a complete player yet and his game is still developing.

Old
01-03-2004, 08:11 AM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21
Please refer to the "22 years of age" portion of the post to which you responded. Of course he disappears once in awhile; he's not a complete player yet and his game is still developing.
yeh, his solid in every aspect, but i do expect more from him. his VERY streaky and needs a little more consistantcy, along with more goals. 8 so far is not a power forward, that's a defensive forward with a little upside. his a 1st rounder for god sake.

EDIT: i noticed a while back he takes a lousy amount of shots, he has a 16% success rate. he does need to shoot more.

Last edited by SabresRule: 01-03-2004 at 08:16 AM.
Closed Thread